Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   FFR Scores ~2012 Remix~ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121842)

gnr61 04-19-2012 03:23 AM

Re: FFR Scores ~2012 Remix~

circle jerk has more of a negative implication than i think he meant haha
it's pretty cool to see players in that range challenging themselves/each other really actively with less straight D6 scores gettin all the props

DarknessXoXLight 04-19-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3679116)
Eh, the scores thread has degenerated to a circle jerk among D2-D4 players as of late

^^

One Winged Angel 04-19-2012 03:40 AM

Nah the negative connotation was intended.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that players of lower levels are getting attention for the scores they post nowadays, that was a problem in the past. But I've seen several crazy FMO and FGO scores posted in here that are just completely passed over time and time again (not referring to scores I've posted, I rarely post here nowadays). It's like reverse-discrimination hahaha.

Again, not referring to everyone in the D2-D4 level, there's a bunch of you who dish out respect to players of all skill levels and that's awesome. But that's not the case for everyone and that makes me a sad panda.

Although I am noticing more D5/D6 players taking note of D1-D4 players, which is pretty cool.

8 Hour Whore 04-19-2012 03:55 AM

Then again rob.. It's kinda hard for lower players to truly appreciate higher end D6 players scores when that is what they expect from them. I mean personally as I've gone through here I've seen way too many good scores from all ranges. It's impossible to give everyone their recognition without post whoring. Some people don't even expect attention when they post. Just like to show people their progress and then leave. That was my case lol

One Winged Angel 04-19-2012 04:01 AM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, most D5/D6 scores are being dismissed by others since those guys are expected to pull off batshit crazy scores. I can attest however that players in that skill range still work their ass off for most of their scores and deserve the occasional props here and there.

And it's easier to comment on players' scores around your skill level, I totally get that. Hey, I personally don't care either way. Post the score if you're proud of it, if you get comments, great! If not, it doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment for you.

I'm only slightly rattled because people were complaining that D5/D6 players (the 'elitists' I suppose, which I still think is a bullshit term) used to get all the attention, and now these guys are getting little to none unless they make their own thread.

/tiny rant

FrozenAngel91 04-19-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3679123)
Nah the negative connotation was intended.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that players of lower levels are getting attention for the scores they post nowadays, that was a problem in the past. But I've seen several crazy FMO and FGO scores posted in here that are just completely passed over time and time again (not referring to scores I've posted, I rarely post here nowadays). It's like reverse-discrimination hahaha.

Again, not referring to everyone in the D2-D4 level, there's a bunch of you who dish out respect to players of all skill levels and that's awesome. But that's not the case for everyone and that makes me a sad panda.

Although I am noticing more D5/D6 players taking note of D1-D4 players, which is pretty cool.

Well I dunno about everyone, but personally for me it's hard to comment on people above my skill level. I know the score is amazing but I honestly don't know what to say about the score other than "wow that's awesome" and I kinda feel stupid for saying that. Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that people need to comment on people that aren't just in their same division or are friends/rivals with them or something, I'm only saying it's hard (and it might just be hard for me personally). I can comment on people below my skill level though, because I remember what those files were like and how hard they were when I was still at that skill level.

I don't know if that really had a point, I guess I'm saying I think the reason is that a majority of the active players right now are d2-d4 (mostly d4) and I think it's hard for people to comment on people above their skill level.

Also honestly ever since I came back this score thread has had way more people commenting on scores than I remember, it's still practically devoid of comments (and really people should put more effort into commenting on peoples scores, including me) but I think it's at least getting better. Very slowly though.

popsicle_3000 04-19-2012 04:03 AM

imma try to pay more attention.

One Winged Angel 04-19-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3679128)
Well I dunno about everyone, but personally for me it's hard to comment on people above my skill level. I know the score is amazing but I honestly don't know what to say about the score other than "wow that's awesome" and I kinda feel stupid for saying that.

I totally get what you're saying, and just to make it clear, my posts weren't a personal attack against you. I've seen you post about a shitload of scores in here from all skill levels and that makes me :')

and @pro 9000 popsicles, I've seen you dish out respect to tons of players haha you're in the clear ;) (not that anyone should feel obligated to change what they're doing because of what I posted lol)

Didn't really mean to offend anyone, that's honestly just how I felt about the state of this thread w/ respect to some members, not all. Don't mind OWA, he's just being senile.

popsicle_3000 04-19-2012 04:20 AM

we dont mind you one bit!

FrozenAngel91 04-19-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3679131)
I totally get what you're saying, and just to make it clear, my posts weren't a personal attack against you. I've seen you post about a shitload of scores in here from all skill levels and that makes me :')

and @pro 9000 popsicles, I've seen you dish out respect to tons of players haha you're in the clear ;) (not that anyone should feel obligated to change what they're doing because of what I posted lol)

Didn't really mean to offend anyone, that's honestly just how I felt about the state of this thread w/ respect to some members, not all. Don't mind OWA, he's just being senile.

Never thought it was a personal attack on me just kinda wanted to give my two cents, but thanks for saying that that actually makes me feel a lot better :D.

And you have the right to say your opinion, honestly I think a lot of members were thinking at least something along the lines of what your thinking (or at least something like not enough comments in hereeeeeee) but no one really said anything till you did. If it gets a discussion going its a good thing, though maybe a different thread then this one would be good since it would take away attention from scores in the thread

8 Hour Whore 04-19-2012 04:34 AM

Played it twice and I like this file very well done ^.^

reuben_tate 04-19-2012 04:35 AM

I just comment on scores I find interesting to me. A lot of them do come from people in my skill level, but I do occasionally comment on people's scores even if they are more or less skilled than I.

Anyways, back to scores:

Lame misses are lame. I still can't believe I only got 0-0-1-1 in that entire stream section though x.x (the one before the ending stream). I could probably bring this down to teens-goods if I can keep up my stamina for the ending stream, could probably sdg if I could do that and the retarded jumpgluts as well >_>

FrozenAngel91 04-19-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3679138)
I just comment on scores I find interesting to me. A lot of them do come from people in my skill level, but I do occasionally comment on people's scores even if they are more or less skilled than I.

Anyways, back to scores:

Lame misses are lame. I still can't believe I only got 0-0-1-1 in that entire stream section though x.x (the one before the ending stream). I could probably bring this down to teens-goods if I can keep up my stamina for the ending stream, could probably sdg if I could do that and the retarded jumpgluts as well >_>

Jesus reuben, that PA. Your speed always amazes me O.O

P.S: If you get an FGO SDG before you get an FMO AAA I will laugh at you, for a very very long time
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 3679137)

Haha I don't get why anyone thinks that song is easy, I get like 40 goods on that and I've sdg'd a lot of FMO's. Nice score :D

reuben_tate 04-19-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 (Post 3679139)
Jesus reuben, that PA. Your speed always amazes me O.O

P.S: If you get an FGO SDG before you get an FMO AAA I will laugh at you, for a very very long time

Why thank you. (n)> Too bad I don't know how to apply any of that speed to jacking or trilling ;~; Anyways, unless I get a really lucky run, I doubt I'll get an FGO SDG before a FMO AAA; however I wouldn't be surprised if I get an FMO AAA before getting an FGO FC (and with my 1-1-0-0 on Ambient Angels, it looks like I might be heading that way >_>)

Re-post 'cause bottom-paged:

@8HW: Sick Powerpuff Gabberz ;o Nice JS'ing and jumptrilling there xP

EzExZeRo7497 04-19-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3679123)
But I've seen several crazy FMO and FGO scores posted in here that are just completely passed over time and time again (not referring to scores I've posted, I rarely post here nowadays). It's like reverse-discrimination hahaha.

Been noticing as well (Novelty),
I agree with this whole-heartedly, but I really don't mind to be honest.

I mean I do take notice of almost everyone, but I don't really expect notice back.

Anyway, nice score Ben.

8HW wat

popsicle_3000 04-19-2012 05:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 3679137)

nice SDG! everyone seems to be playing this song now...
guess i better post my score on it!

and dang my stupid stupid internet which cuts out all the time and doesn't register scores :(

hi19hi19 04-19-2012 06:20 AM

AAA'd a really long VC, yay...

8 Hour Whore 04-19-2012 06:30 AM

Congrats Hi19 ^.^
Also, thank you Ben and Ez and Frozen...
I don't find that song to be hard though. Played it again and got this which most of my goods are BS... AAAd up to 1k combo

Some others:

OMFG FML....

popsicle_3000 04-19-2012 07:38 AM

my 1st FGO FC ;)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I also smell a VC :)

The_Toymaker 04-19-2012 08:59 AM

Yay, a Ben score.
(This will be my second FMO.)