Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OMW to Disney World brb (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151290)

MixMasterLar 09-23-2019 01:05 PM

OMW to Disney World brb

In the car listening to Aura Flux Vol 2 as we speak. Got the family with me and we're taking a well deserved family vacation

Drive been so smooth so far, on I 75 about 100 miles out right now.

the sun fan 09-23-2019 01:06 PM

Re: OMW to Disney World brb

no texting while driving

Matthia 09-23-2019 01:33 PM

i mindblocked the first half of OMW but I still have the ability to consistently hit the ohts

edit: on a real note, have a nice trip!

Charu 09-23-2019 01:42 PM

Oh shit

Please enjoy your time!

DaBackpack 09-23-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4698994)
In the car listening to Aura Flux Vol 2 as we speak. Got the family with me and we're taking a well deserved family vacation

Drive been so smooth so far, on I 75 about 100 miles out right now.

Take a bunch of pictures with the characters and share them. Especially Buzz Lightyear and Woody. I actively seek them out every time.

Hot tip: I went in February and found Launchpad McQuack (!!!) and Uncle Scrooge in Animal Kingdom. Waited an hour total but was worth it

EDIT: Hands off Daisy Duck. She's mine

Dinglesberry 09-23-2019 01:45 PM

make sure u visit the canada section of disney world it has the coolest stuff !!!

(its actually bad but still)

DaBackpack 09-23-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4698999)
make sure u visit the canada section of disney world it has the coolest stuff !!!

(its actually bad but still)

I like Epcot a lot too. China and Japan have cool wares. Yeah there's stupid weeb shit but also actual cultural history. I got my hanafuda deck there. They had some shogi boards but I didn't have enough money. I also got an anthology of Japanese folk tales in both English and Japanese translations. Really sweet

Japan is a little hard to find but it's near China.

Moria 09-23-2019 02:04 PM

i read the title as One Minute Waltz to Disney World and thought there was a new Kurorak release.

samurai7694 09-23-2019 03:09 PM

enjoy your time there! it may help to have the My Disney Experience phone app to check on times for lines/rides among other things. there are some areas in the parks to charge your phone as well. p.s. send me a dole whip, kthnx

Dinglesberry 09-23-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4699000)
I like Epcot a lot too. China and Japan have cool wares. Yeah there's stupid weeb shit but also actual cultural history. I got my hanafuda deck there. They had some shogi boards but I didn't have enough money. I also got an anthology of Japanese folk tales in both English and Japanese translations. Really sweet

Japan is a little hard to find but it's near China.

yea the epcot section for japan and china are great, my friend bought some rice farmer hat n stuff one time, idk i live for the weeb shit personally but they have alot of cool unique stuff

im just joking around cause im Canada and the canada section of disney world has like... a steakhouse and maple syrup candy

MixMasterLar 09-23-2019 04:05 PM

Wasn't driving and texting, co piloting at the time
At gift shops with mom because she really wanted to check them out. Parks tomorrow. Magic and Epcot are happening but NEED HELP ON THE THIRD PARK WHERE SHOULD WE GO?

Epcot Japan is the coolest I got the best Saké from there years ago. Wanna buy more swag and booze and kinda chill at the park more.

Brb vacation

DaBackpack 09-23-2019 05:10 PM

there's that shopping area... downtown Disney? it got seriously nerfed though. no more experimental VR games. there was a neat art shop though, got a horrid tarot set there.

the answer you are looking for is MGM Studios. they got rid of the Great Movie Ride but they added a Toy Story park. it's not great but it's cute. Also MGM is worth it for Fantasmic alone. You really should try to go if you can

Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, what else could you ask for

also Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm so you only get a half day there

MixMasterLar 09-23-2019 07:01 PM

I think it's called Disney Springs now? Heard it was getting overhauled but not sure the timeline on that.

At hotel and the time difference between when I go asleep and when everyone else does is starting to get real. But good news is I'm 15 minutes away from D&B Orlando so hell yeah. Might cruise down there to kill time

drizzleRomanceGirl 09-23-2019 07:36 PM

i hope you have a lot of fun :)

Blackskull305 09-23-2019 09:02 PM

o nice, let me know how it goes; I'm going down there next month

MixMasterLar 09-24-2019 07:54 AM

Disney Springs is like of someone looked at a strip mall and was like I bet I could make that a theme park

Only had like an hour to look before closing last night tho.

Epcot today, I'm hyped! But my ankle is already feeling the burn so we'll see how it goes. Might scratch DDR off the list tonight

MixMasterLar 09-24-2019 09:15 AM

Starship Earth is the coolest and you can't change my mind

I hate hate hate that Epcot and the rides are getting a major overhaul in 2020 I like it as it, although the can already see construction starting (the main gate is actually closed rn)

Triple post avoidance
E D I T

Epcot is still pretty neat; the World Tour half is still the most delightful parade of caricature it ever was and I can't bring myself to hate it. Canada's being expanded, most of the shops have been changed for the better (besides Japan. Japan kinda lost a lot of the anime/weeb stuff for pillows) and there are a bunch of bands playing. Actually, looks like Postmodern Jukebox is playing at Epcot 3 times a night which is awesome because I missed them when they came through Pensacola. Didn't see the show today however, miiiiight try to make that 8pm one

But the reason I may not is gout flare. I have stuff for it, but it's pretty bad and made all the walking a challenge.

My mom got her Picture with Goofy tho she loved it and seeing her smile and having a good time with characters she grew up on makes it worth the drive

MixMasterLar 09-25-2019 08:57 PM

Already home; can't stand right now.

Family agreed they where going to go to Magic Kingdom without today and I would sleep in. Woke up to them packed and informing me they've checked out and we where going back home.

There is a little more to this but i'll fill it all in later in probably another place when I don't feel so broken.

Mom did meet Goofy however I've never seen her with such an innocent joy before. That made the trip worth it. That, and finding that same saké at Epcot