Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [TWG] Death Posts (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=138248)

dAnceguy117 07-25-2014 05:32 PM

[TWG] Death Posts

I don't like them. Dead people in real life don't talk.

Sometimes people who get lynched forget they're not supposed to have a death post. Sometimes people who get nightkilled forget they're not supposed to say anything pertaining to the game.

Can we just... not?

Please vote and post. Let's talk this one out.

j-rodd123 07-25-2014 05:36 PM

Re: [TWG] Death Posts

I voted no if we need an absolute yes or no. otherwise I like the whole 1 CONTENTLESS dead post but for some reason people seem to struggle with that

XelNya 07-25-2014 05:39 PM

As long as the post contains no game information it's fine. Should it contain any the person should be given a 3+ game ban. That's where I stand on it anyways.

Charu 07-25-2014 05:48 PM

I'm completely fine with death posts if, as everyone has said thus far, has no content of the game that the post is in.

Like Syndrome's death post when he died. He simply stated "gay" and nothing else.

I think it adds charm, lol.

dAnceguy117 07-25-2014 05:57 PM

Sorry, I should have touched on this. If you're in favor of having death posts with no game-related content, you should vote yes. That's what the current rules are supposed to be already.

Unless someone can reset the poll, let's just vote in the thread.

Vendetta21 07-25-2014 06:41 PM

if i get nightkilled i'm pretty much always going to tell the wolves to eat a dick

Afrobean 07-25-2014 06:49 PM

I don't know if there's some recent drama regarding this but...
Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4170995)
I voted no if we need an absolute yes or no. otherwise I like the whole 1 CONTENTLESS dead post but for some reason people seem to struggle with that

I agree with this completely.

I never understood what the point was. I think I even made the mistake of making a [content-less] post-lynch post in an early game because I didn't get it the "rule" behind it.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying it makes no sense at all for a wolfed player to get a death post while a lynched player doesn't. In reality, a person who is strung up and lynched could have a chance to shout out some final words before they go or as the group kills them, but for a wolfed person? Their body is found in the morning already dead, so how are they communicating those final words?

Not that I think a lynched player needs to post after dying either though. It just isn't necessary, even if it might add a little flavor to the game.

devonin 07-25-2014 07:00 PM

I think it's more that the lynch you should theoretically see coming. It's rare that an insta is piled on so fast out of nowhere that you log in for the day and see you've been lynched. You can however, often log in to see you've been wolfed unexpectedly, and so the ability to just give a "Lol good luck guys" post might seem nice since otherwise you log in intending to post and just can't.

Gradiant 07-25-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4171007)
I think it adds charm, lol.

I wasnt aware "gay" added charm lmfao

Xiz 07-25-2014 07:22 PM

At the end of the day I don't care. People have been respectful of their death posts do I don't mind one way or the other.

Charu 07-25-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4171058)
I wasnt aware "gay" added charm lmfao

Well sure, I think Devonin put it nicely. You log in, find out that you die'd'd'd'd, and you post something along the lines of "dang it" or "good luck" or "wowee".

dAnceguy117 07-25-2014 08:17 PM

I didn't realize there were as many fans as there are. So uhhh nevermind on this one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruleset
2.One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase. This post must be brief, and contain no information about the game. A player who is lynched, during the Day, may not post again after they are killed. If a person is insta'd during the Day phase, that person cannot post after he or she has been insta'd. The penalty for breaking this rule is as follows:
1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: Game ban
3rd offense: 2 game ban
4th offense: 3 game ban
etc etc..

I didn't realize there was a rule against posting after insta prior to mod update. Manti, is that current?

DarkManticoreX2 07-26-2014 03:52 AM

Yep. Some hosts have been allowing "twilight" posting though.

I'm typically a pretty laid back person, so most of the time I just delete the offending post and pm the person. If you guys want me to enforce things harder let me know.

I can be more rule stringent if that's what people want

Funnygurl555 07-26-2014 03:55 AM

If death posts are not allowed, then I can't post candle gifs when the wolves are mean enough to kill me.

:(

Afrobean 07-26-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4171306)
Yep. Some hosts have been allowing "twilight" posting though.

I'm typically a pretty laid back person, so most of the time I just delete the offending post and pm the person. If you guys want me to enforce things harder let me know.

I can be more rule stringent if that's what people want

That should be a host discretion thing. If the host doesn't ask you to delete "twilight" posts, you shouldn't do anything. You are not the boss of a game, the host is.

This is barely relevant to death posts though.

XelNya 07-26-2014 06:23 AM

So how about we make it an option for the host to decide? I think that might be the best way to go about this.

But the rule should still be it has to be content-less because that's just common sense.

Charles Claythorne 07-26-2014 10:19 AM

Voted no. Although I would be okay with contentless death posts, I've people manage to screw that up on occasion and I would rather play it safe. That being said, I don't view it as a major issue and don't mind it too much either way. And if people on FFR tend to do a good job following the rule, all the better.

Though a bit hypocritical, I would prefer having wills to deathposts, anyway, since it at least makes it reasonable method for relevant information to pass post-death if we wanted to view it realistically.

blindreper1179 07-26-2014 11:43 AM

One contentless death post. No ifs ands or butts

Xiz 07-26-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4171308)
If death posts are not allowed, then I can't post candle gifs when the wolves are mean enough to kill me.

:(