Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   irionman's TEAM BRACKET tourny (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=102480)

irionman 10-30-2008 07:18 PM

irionman's TEAM BRACKET tourny

Irionman's First Ever Team Bracket Tournament
THE FINAL ROUND ENDS FRIDAY at midnight. (central time)

You heard it right. I'm hosting a bracket style tournament. Now, for this one, I'm actually going to make a spreadsheet, take a SS of it each round, and post it. That way, you will actually look like you advance or get pwnd. That being said, I don't have many credits anymore. (I'm hoping on winning zaps tourny) I am relying heavily on donations, so if you are good at gambling, donate some, gamble some, and donate the winnings. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! If you have any. Invite all that you know. I want this to be huge. If it takes me using an entire page for one division's bracket, then so be it.

HERE ARE THE SONGS!!

Beginner - Beethoven Virus (Dance)- For Beginners - Tricky

Intermediate - Matador (Dance 2) - Standard - Challenging

Advanced - Going on Spring Wind (Dance 2) - Very Difficult - Low For Masters Only

Expert - Lawn Wake 1 (Dance 2) - Challenging - High For Masters Only

Master - Eclipse (Solar) (Dance 2) - Very Challenging - For Gurus Only

Here is how the bracket and scoring will be. Once all the people have signed up that wish to, I will literally draw all of your names out of a hat. (One division at a time) I will do this on cam if you want to see me being legit. I will take requests to be with a certain person. Make it work. Your team will score as a team. Meaning, I will take add the scores of the two teammates together and that will be the team score. If your team score is higher than your opponent's team, you will advance. Yay. Also, I will look at all of your scores/tier points/skill levels. I will seed each team. Just like in a real tournament that involves brackets, the top team will play the lowest ranked. The second ranked team will be at the opposite side of the bracket. This is done in order to ensure a good final round. If your partner does not submit, I feel sorry for you. Ask me if you have any questions. Who knows, I may answer them. But be warned, I could confuse Confucius. :)

I've posted what the bracket will look like.

So, just a quick recap. Scoring is based off of the two players' scores combined. The total score, not that raw score before the multiplier. Scores are to be submitted by a SCREEN SHOT ONLY. If you do not want to post them on the forum, PM them to me. I do not want to watch countless replays to see if someone is really getting the score they say they are. If you cannot do a screen shot, I will probably just look at your replays. Keep the replay of the score you got in your replay counter. I have a general idea of who can submit screen shots and who can't, so if you are trying to cheat, you will be caught.

NO CHEATING! IF YOU ARE CAUGHT, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND I WILL PROBABLY MAKE AN EVIL JOKE ABOUT YOU IN THE THREAD.

The rounds will be start out 5 days long. I may move them to go quicker as the tournament goes along, and I may not. It all depends on how smooth the tournament goes.

I am hoping for a couple hundred people to join so get out and make your buddies on FFR get in this tournament. If your buddy is in your bracket, and paired against you, you can whoop him and brag about it until I decide to do another tournament like this. Who knows, this might become annual....

YOUR DONATIONS DECIDE HOW MANY PLACES THERE ARE AND THE PRIZE AMOUNTS. DONATE A LOT!!!

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED

Participants

Beginner - For Beginners - Standard
EBAJJF - AAA N00bs
Eddie the munster - AAA N00bs -

hatoblue2 - The kthxbai's -
nois-or-e - The kthxbai's

BeYonD_GlOrY - Team 1
the_angle_of_love - Team 1

atick1 - Team Die Hard
TheEnd82 - Team Die Hard

Intermediate - Standard - Challenging

Quigley - The Randomly Imploding Flamingos
tangomango - The Randomly Imploding Flamingos

1mpuls3 - Team Rapestick
-zeroSKILL- - Team Rapestick

u8477 - Team 1
xX{Midnight}Xx - Team 1
jump_the_bullet - Team 1

hi_top - Dream Destroyers
xBBx Takedown - Dream Destroyers

TD_lonewolf01 - Team 2
dandandamdandan1111 - Team 2

Card Man - One-Handers 4 Life -
8 Hour Whore - One-Handers 4 Life -

Gun92 - Team 3
rzr - Team 3

xplayfan - Team Concrete
PuRoDoMiNiCaNo - Team Concrete

TopherYohh - Cosa Nostra
BarberFloyd - Cosa Nostra

Advanced - Very Difficult - Very Challenging
Iceefudgesickle - Team Penis
tha Guardians - Team Penis

Bynary Fission - The Outcasts
kmay - The Outcasts

Devilution - We're too good for a team name -
TC_llama499 - We're too good for a team name

dietsnapple135 - Team Vagina -
sumzup - Team Vagina -

alloyus - Team 2 -
kirjautunut - Team 2

nekomewmew - Chaton Team -
FrozenAngel91 - Chaton Team -

Expert - Challenging - Low For Masters Only
irionman - Strike Force -
Waffl3 - Strike Force

Nu0n - Team ed0n
EDEdDNEdDYFaN - Team ed0n

-KIDTHONG- Team 3
DarkRazor - Team 3

bballa48 - Team 1
STD_Sappy - Team 1

CosmicRain - Team 2
retching oesophagus - Team 2

Master - Very Challenging - For Gurus Only
AOD_ELEMENT - Ye Royal Douchebags
sc979 - Ye Royal Douchebags -

[Tera] -Team 1
Fantasticone - Team 1

dood gone krazee - Samuraiz gone krazee
samurai7694 - Samuraiz gone krazee

~Zero~ - The Dial-Up Duet
TC_Halogen - The Dial-Up Duet

WHEN SIGNUPS END, (sometime in the next week or so), THE TEAMS WILL BE PICKED AND BE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE A TEAM NAME. YOUR TEAM NAME WILL APPEAR ON THE BRACKET. PICK A NAME WISELY, IT WILL NOT BE RE NAMED DURING THE TOURNAMENT.

SIGNUPS END SUNDAY NOVEMBER 9 AT MIDNIGHT. THE TOURNAMENT STARTS THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. PM ME WITH YOUR TEAM NAMES NOW. DONATE NOW. NO DONATIONS = NO PRIZES.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONATED
tha Guardians - 50k
NuOn - 25k
PuRoDoMiNiCaNo - 10k
xBBx Takedown - 1k
Eddie the munster - 1k

tha Guardians 10-30-2008 07:33 PM

Re: irionman's TEAM BRACKET tourny

In. Advanced with Iceefudgesickle.
Randomly pair me up with him or I shall see to your deth :P

Quigly 10-30-2008 07:36 PM

In for beginner or intermediate, I don't care which.

PS: Might donate some credits later on.

Devilution 10-30-2008 07:36 PM

in

dooty_7 10-30-2008 07:39 PM

sure im in

tangomango 10-30-2008 07:40 PM

In, hopefully I will be able to find time to play still.

Also, beginners or intermediate.

1mpuls3 10-30-2008 07:41 PM

in

TC_Halogen 10-30-2008 07:44 PM

In. Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman
Here is how the bracket and scoring will be. Once all the people have signed up that wish to, I will literally draw all of your names out of a hat. (One division at a time) I will do this on cam if you want to see me being legit. I will not take requests to be with a certain person.

READ, PEOPLE.

Bynary Fission 10-30-2008 07:46 PM

This looks interesting - I'll give it a shot. Count me in. I'd say I probably belong in advanced (I can't do anything above VC for crap).

~Bynary Fission

AOD_ELEMENT 10-30-2008 07:54 PM

in

irionman 10-30-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2858846)
This looks interesting - I'll give it a shot. Count me in. I'd say I probably belong in advanced (I can't do anything above VC for crap).

~Bynary Fission

I wouldn't put you in expert. The only reason I dropped myself in it is because people would get all pissy about me in advanced. All because of a decent run on a strange guru song.

Bynary Fission 10-30-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2858858)
I wouldn't put you in expert. The only reason I dropped myself in it is because people would get all pissy about me in advanced. All because of a decent run on a strange guru song.

Thanks.

I think the FGO score would be less of a worry than Oni, actually - people get lucky scores all the time, but it takes real skill to get Oni, even if it was a lucky run (after all, it means you were good enough to get it, right?). Besides, you'd destroy me if you went into Advanced. :)

Oh yeah, remember: you're the tourney host. You make the final decision, regardless of what others think. Just make sure it's what you want and feel is right.

~Bynary Fission

irionman 10-30-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2858866)
Thanks.

I think the FGO score would be less of a worry than Oni, actually - people get lucky scores all the time, but it takes real skill to get Oni, even if it was a lucky run (after all, it means you were good enough to get it, right?). Besides, you'd destroy me if you went into Advanced. :)

Oh yeah, remember: you're the tourney host. You make the final decision, regardless of what others think. Just make sure it's what you want and feel is right.

~Bynary Fission

Don't you almost have oni? I had a black flag on NWE for a long time. I just pushed it through after playing SM for a few hours. (Sort of got into the groove)

Bynary Fission 10-30-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2858871)
Don't you almost have oni? I had a black flag on NWE for a long time. I just pushed it through after playing SM for a few hours. (Sort of got into the groove)

I could possibly get it on an INSANELY lucky run on AIM Anthem, but since I'm mindblocked on the alternating 12-23-34-23-12 jumps, probably not. But then again, it's also hard to hit some patterns in the song because of my flat keys.

~Bynary Fission

STD_Sappy 10-30-2008 08:09 PM

In.

u8477 10-30-2008 08:20 PM

In. Intermediate, please.

FrozenAngel91 10-30-2008 08:20 PM

In

[TeRa] 10-30-2008 08:31 PM

Sign me up, I'll try, but my computer that I play on shuts off every 15 minutes or so -_-

xBBx Takedown 10-30-2008 08:56 PM

sign me up for Intermediate

irionman 10-30-2008 09:10 PM

Enr, I see you hovering down there. Sign up.