Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148152)

Tokzic 09-6-2017 04:23 PM

Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4583855)
Conclusion: So, you've read that wall of text, you have a few Town strategies in mind, but not so much to say about wolves? Well, you're mindmelding with me if you're here. I did this to show that it's still not so obvious to backtrack wolves. If you want to find them, you'll have to also rely on reducing your lynch pool by making a town circle and asking others about second opinions etc. The rest of this post is about that.

This bit in particular felt like a sort of pivot in the post. While finding towns is helpful to scumhunting, the amount of emphasis made on making a town circle gives me weird vibes when Haku comes right out the gate with a huge amount of content. I can see Haku with a tryhard partner wanting to push getting townread quickly.

Wayward Vagabond 09-6-2017 04:37 PM

how many times have you played with haku recently tokzic

ShadoWolfe 09-6-2017 04:38 PM

Idk why I bothered, but it's been awhile and I missed Haku so I listened to his comedy video (hilarious) and read his whole post.

I feel drained and I'm only just the first post. As for whether it was AI, I'll say no you can't really read into beginning of game Haku wallposts unless something has drastically changed since last I played.

Despite that, I'll go ahead and second Tokzic's question: How much (like what parts), if any, of that post did you write before seeing your role @Haku?

Tokzic 09-6-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4583891)
Meta would say that this is a towny pattern in your case because of our previous game.

guy who hasn't been around in months here, can i get a tl;dr on why dbp disregarding your first post is towny

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4583893)
also, honestly I think finding wolves is better than finding towns --- or rather, I should say that finding towns arises as a consequence of finding wolves

theoretically "searching for a town circle" makes sense, but that behavior makes it extraordinarily difficult for other towns to determine your alignment, at least based on this behavior alone

the motivation for town is hunting wolves and this is usually easy to notice from other players. At least for me personally, there is something base, something primal about hunting for bad guys. This mindset permeates most of my non-shitposty actions in this game. This mindset is comparatively easy to locate and is a reason why I am often townread when I'm town. That mindset of "hunting wolves" is hard to replicate for most wolves, me included.

So I would posit that "hunting wolves" is a better behavior than "solving the game" on average. It makes it easier for other members of town to correctly identify you.

"Solving the game" arises as a consequence of "finding the wolves", not the other way around.

strongly agree

Making a town circle in this game is especially dangerous because this roster has several players that are capable of achieving deep wolf status. Thinking in terms of town circles runs the risk of not paying enough attention to players that need a lot of it just so you can get to a POE solution.

If you really want to think in terms of town circles, do it in more than one universe, be aware of players that are unsafe to assume are town even when they are acting really towny.

Tokzic 09-6-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583954)
how many times have you played with haku recently tokzic

haven't played forum twg here since june

Hakulyte 09-6-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583943)
i dont get how that ruins my credibility either because like it should also be obvious that the reads list was a joke more so than anything.

Why are you making a joke read list ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583948)
ok i actually read haku's first post in its entirety and i am super perplexed

Haku, did you write any parts of that before you opened your role PM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583951)
i dunno about completely but i did get the vibe that a lot of that post was written before he knew what his role was

It's a fully prewritten post. I did read my role PM before posting, but I can't prove that I did change it or not after that point.

Therefore, why did you ask this knowing I can't really give you an interesting answer?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583952)
This bit in particular felt like a sort of pivot in the post. While finding towns is helpful to scumhunting, the amount of emphasis made on making a town circle gives me weird vibes when Haku comes right out the gate with a huge amount of content. I can see Haku with a tryhard partner wanting to push getting townread quickly.

I don't want to be a meanie, but this is content void of game progression which means it's not a response to any game content. It's literally an entrance post.
You're assuming I have a goal of early town read, but reality is that this is usually the other way around. I have trouble not getting town read in general.
How do you even meta read me? I already have a game progression about why town circle is valuable this game.
If you disagree and think that's wolfy, you'll have to explain to me why that's the case because I seriously believe this is how town should be playing optimally speaking.

Wayward Vagabond 09-6-2017 04:49 PM

because im a super serious poster and making a joke read list is definitely not something i would do

Tokzic 09-6-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4583910)
Also Haku is boring
Dbp is not lynchable today
Its weird when blind makes a post i agree with

wait what did blind post again

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4583867)
Haku

lmfao

FreezinIce 09-6-2017 04:51 PM

Vote count of the futur

>Haku (1): blindreper
>the sun fan (1): inDheart
>Xelnya (1): Wayward Vagabond

Not voting (8)

Tokzic 09-6-2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4583912)
Or is dbp being so dbp wolfy

I'll get back to you all on that

*gets whiplash*

Hakulyte 09-6-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583956)
guy who hasn't been around in months here, can i get a tl;dr on why dbp disregarding your first post is towny

It's as dumb as "he did the same thing last game and he was town". It's not really valuable, but it's a something. Well, it's my read. Just put a tag on it and be like "Haku thought DBP was towny".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583956)
Making a town circle in this game is especially dangerous because this roster has several players that are capable of achieving deep wolf status. Thinking in terms of town circles runs the risk of not paying enough attention to players that need a lot of it just so you can get to a POE solution.

If you really want to think in terms of town circles, do it in more than one universe, be aware of players that are unsafe to assume are town even when they are acting really towny.

You want to break your own comfort zone if you want to find wolves eventually. I'm literally volunteering to get my hands dirty this game.

I know there's many types of players who does multiple types of plays, but you have to take risks somewhere if you want to even have a chance to catch them.

Honestly, we probably just play very differently.

Tokzic 09-6-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4583958)
It's a fully prewritten post. I did read my role PM before posting, but I can't prove that I did change it or not after that point.

THE WHOLE THING???????

you wrote a giant-ass post coaching town before you even knew your role

alright that's pretty incredible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4583958)
Therefore, why did you ask this knowing I can't really give you an interesting answer?

i asked because the way you answer the question is useful in gleaning whether not your answer is truthful, much like most questions in this werewolf game we play

ShadoWolfe 09-6-2017 05:07 PM

TFW you think everyone is overreacting to everything

@Hakulyte, do you think making a joke reads list is Alignment Indicative?

Also, thanks. To reiterate, 100% of your entrance post was written before you saw your role? You didn't go back and edit any of it after?

Hakulyte 09-6-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4583967)
THE WHOLE THING???????

you wrote a giant-ass post coaching town before you even knew your role

alright that's pretty incredible

I said I would do this at the end of the previous game.

Honestly this sucks because I'm getting 0 feedback about the content of my post. I only get people reading my alignment for it.

the sun fan 09-6-2017 05:13 PM

hello friends
am currently in another game as well as this one; will be paying attention to it over this game so long as I am alive and the game is running

ShadoWolfe 09-6-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4583969)
I said I would do this at the end of the previous game.

Honestly this sucks because I'm getting 0 feedback about the content of my post. I only get people reading my alignment for it.

The comedy video was funny.
What other feedback do you want? I didn't notice any mistakes in your role summaries, and I feel like having everyone go in depth into an analysis of mechanics will just bog down thread with a lot of content that's easy to produce as either alignment. We don't want that.

ShadoWolfe 09-6-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4583970)
hello friends
am currently in another game as well as this one; will be paying attention to it over this game so long as I am alive and the game is running

Hello fren. Will you be able to give this game a couple hours before and through EoDs?

ShadoWolfe 09-6-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4583968)

Hakulyte 09-6-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

TFW you think everyone is overreacting to everything

Also, thanks. To reiterate, 100% of your entrance post was written before you saw your role? You didn't go back and edit any of it after?

Yes because it's a misleading joke read list without a valid reason and I didn't like his reaction to my concern.

He didn't say "I'm shitposting lol"

He went like:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4583942)
i don't get what you dont get. it doesnt matter if someone has posted or not they get a wolf lean because i don't know their alignment

That's not a motivation.

WV didn't wake up in the morning thinking "I will post this joke read list thing because it doesn't matter if someone has posted or not".

I refuse to believe that.

Hakulyte 09-6-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

I corrected grammar mistakes in the last 30 seconds before posting. Guilty has charged. Still missed that [/b] tag. I will never forgive myself for it.

If you're looking for alignment indicative stuff. It's not the right post.

I'm just telling ya because it's a really long post and I don't want you to spend 12 hours rereading it in hope to find some mysterious secret.