Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   everywhere at the end of time (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151250)

choof 09-5-2019 02:50 PM

everywhere at the end of time

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/al...he-end-of-time

don't know if many people will be into this set of albums but imo this is one of the most important releases of the decade, effectively this decade's Disintegration Loops but far more interesting and doesn't exploit a national tragedy!

seriously though, this is quite possibly the most... harrowing??? album I've ever heard

gold stinger 09-5-2019 05:28 PM

Re: everywhere at the end of time

This album brings and covers that 40-60's era old-timey aesthetic that you usually grow to love when you play Fallout, and I absolutely love it.

choof 09-5-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4697257)
This album brings and covers that 40-60's era old-timey aesthetic that you usually grow to love when you play Fallout, and I absolutely love it.

loops are all ballroom music and they get more and more degraded and intertwined as the album goes along
stages 4-6 are all plunderphonics/tape music, you lose that sense of serenity real fast

Surt 09-5-2019 06:12 PM

I've been meaning to do an art stream to this since the last stage came out but I've never been in the right emotional state to decide to destroy it over the course of six and a half hours

Dynam0 09-9-2019 08:48 AM

I decided to give this a listen this weekend while hungover in bed / coming down. Ended up drifting in and out of sleep throughout and moving back to different time stamps trying to figure out where I'd left off. Over a 12 hour period I think I listened to most of it twice but can only recall Phase 1 (not ironically). Waking up midway through Phase 4/5 was quite the experience. Thanks for the share.

Dinglesberry 09-9-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4697808)
I decided to give this a listen this weekend while hungover in bed / coming down. Ended up drifting in and out of sleep throughout and moving back to different time stamps trying to figure out where I'd left off. Over a 12 hour period I think I listened to most of it twice but can only recall Phase 1 (not ironically). Waking up midway through Phase 4/5 was quite the experience. Thanks for the share.

goals

edit: wait jk thats basically me at the moment

choof 06-24-2020 05:12 PM

this is still one of the most harrowing things I have ever heard, the trepidation I feel when I think about putting it on is something I dont think I've experienced with any other music ever

even albums like a crow looked at me and melancholia are tangibly emotional, this is just... fuck

hi19hi19 06-24-2020 05:34 PM

I will say, one thing I love about this type of music is that I can actually listen to it without seeing arrows

choof 06-24-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4732539)
I will say, one thing I love about this type of music is that I can actually listen to it without seeing arrows

I have a 6k chart for one of the tracks off part 2 lol

gold stinger 06-24-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4732539)

Ironically enough, same here until I read your comment about not seeing arrows.

robertsona 07-24-2020 02:07 PM

I once gave a public speech at an academic summer camp thing about the caretaker

robertsona 07-24-2020 02:08 PM

also I love the take that basinski exploited 9/11 he so did lmao

mellon_collie 12-7-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsona (Post 4736682)
also I love the take that basinski exploited 9/11 he so did lmao

I mean he was there and witnessed the event it's not like some musician in Missouri or something. if I witnessed something that monumental on the day I was finishing up my album I'd include it somehow too

but he also used it as a kind of weird marketing so idk I see both sides on this

robertsona 12-7-2020 11:00 AM

you dont slap 9/11 on your tape loop bullshit album cover because you played it--didnt even MAKE it, PLAYED it--on your williamsburg loft rooftop while 9/11 happened

"lots of people were listening to music when 9/11 happened. some of them were listening to Wham!, dude." -chris ott

and theyre gonna play this album in a live format? at the museum of modern art? on the anniversary of the attacks? get the fuck

choof 12-7-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4752291)
I mean he was there and witnessed the event it's not like some musician in Missouri or something. if I witnessed something that monumental on the day I was finishing up my album I'd include it somehow too

but he also used it as a kind of weird marketing so idk I see both sides on this

my favorite part about his inclusion of 9/11 footage is in the book that comes with the vinyl boxset, in which you can find glamour shots of william basinski posing for the camera, lookin all artsy and hot, juxtaposed with pictures of the twin towers burning and crumbling

radioamor 12-7-2020 01:29 PM

Unreal

mellon_collie 12-7-2020 04:05 PM

WOW LOL

ok that image alone proves more than anything

I still stand that if it were somebody else they could have included it tastefully this dude is clearly just too narcissistic