Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How to AAA? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114206)

Rastapopoulos 12-15-2009 03:54 PM

How to AAA?

I am not very new (I can get a 200+ Combo on tricky songs, ) but whenever I try an easy song like same dream, I fail miserably and get about as many goods as perfects, and FC it. I use 1.5 speed and spread on d,f,j,k. Is the answer just an insane amount of practice, or am I missing something?

kommisar 12-15-2009 03:57 PM

Re: How to AAA?

hi tintin character

rajdaddy 12-15-2009 03:57 PM

Play hard songs!
Level 8+

The songs your playing are for one handers. -

Adamaja456 12-15-2009 03:57 PM

the answer is just as you suspected. practice practice practice
slowly work you way up through the difficulties. a novice player like yourself isn't expected to do well on some harder songs. you just have to keep practicing and get used to the patterns and speeds. keep at it, you'll see improvements in no time!

kante 12-15-2009 03:59 PM

Get a 'Perfect' on all arrows. No goods, no averages, no boos, or misses. All perfects

TheSaxRunner05 12-15-2009 04:12 PM

Play the same song a few times in a row, but, for me, I have to move on to a different song after awhile. I blackflagged the same song three times in a row and then came back the next day and AAA'd on the first try. The same can be applied to FC.

Also on the easier songs, maybe try a slower scroll speed. I use 1.5 on easy songs and 1.75 when there are 16ths and faster.

Anakinstepwalker 12-15-2009 04:20 PM

basically practice makes perfect! dont play 1.0x speed its to slow start on 1.25 and work your way up

HoneyMelonCalibrator 12-15-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamaja456 (Post 3302675)
the answer is just as you suspected. practice practice practice
slowly work you way up through the difficulties. a novice player like yourself isn't expected to do well on some harder songs. you just have to keep practicing and get used to the patterns and speeds. keep at it, you'll see improvements in no time!

this

Vanilla Mnm 12-15-2009 06:11 PM

Try a higher speed mod, that might work. I know when I play 1.5x I can't PA for my life.
Oh and, just like everyone else said, keep playing. Practice & practice, eventually you'll get better. As you would if you practiced anything else ;)

The-Persian-King 12-15-2009 07:44 PM

I used to play with x1.5 speed and I was never able to AAA the easiest songs. I bumped up the speed to x1.75 and now I can AAA much harder songs. It only took me like 2 days to get used to the speed. As u might have noticed I have only been playing for about 3 months and some of my scores are in the top 100 ( for fmo & fgo songs). So I don't thing that "practicing" is THAT helpful, I started off with AAAing Power and all those lvl 1 songs. I'm AAAing C and VC songs now. It's not a good idea to try AAAing hard songs. So I believe that u should start AAAing very easy songs first.

virus003 12-15-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajdaddy (Post 3302674)
Play hard songs!
Level 8+

The songs your playing are for one handers. -

You're dumb.
No they're not.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 12-15-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anakinstepwalker (Post 3302691)
basically practice makes perfect! dont play 1.0x speed its to slow start on 1.25 and work your way up

Agreed, thats what I did. every now and then I would try a song on the next fastest speed and before you know it your on 1.75x-2.00x

JSH 12-15-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Persian-King (Post 3302796)
I used to play with x1.5 speed and I was never able to AAA the easiest songs. I bumped up the speed to x1.75 and now I can AAA much harder songs. It only took me like 2 days to get used to the speed. As u might have noticed I have only been playing for about 3 months and some of my scores are in the top 100 ( for fmo & fgo songs). So I don't thing that "practicing" is THAT helpful, I started off with AAAing Power and all those lvl 1 songs. I'm AAAing C and VC songs now. It's not a good idea to try AAAing hard songs. So I believe that u should start AAAing very easy songs first.

Well is not that you can't try to AAA hard songs, but if you can AAA hard songs, then certainly you can do the easier ones. A natural order of things.

Speed mods as everyone mentions helps. At first beginners will hit lots of boos on the harder songs, indicating mashing or something similar. But practice practice and practice, then you'll be able to read streams better and resort to not mashing, but pressing keys in the correct pattern. I remember when I saw EHHS the first time I was like ?!?!?!!? how do you read that?!?!?!
Now I can read it for the most part, but it is hard for my fingers to follow.
Just keep practicing, and you'll be better at reading and following arrows and hitting them :P
I can't AAA very well either, and working on it.

Also not lagging on computer helps xD (if it does)

qqwref 12-15-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (Post 3302670)
I ... get about as many goods as perfects

Your problem is that you're probably hitting the notes in the wrong place. You don't wanna hit them right when they cross the receptors (the stationary arrows at top), but actually slightly before that. Try to get perfects on individual arrows and you should get it quickly. After that, it's just practice, keeping on beat, and having a good enough speed mod (I recommend x1.75 or x2).

emulord 12-16-2009 12:50 AM

Once I could FC Difficults, I decided it would be cool to AAA stuff. So I played excite bike until I AAA'd it since its only 32 notes. Then I moved to Norfolk Gals and all the other easy songs. Basically play songs with few notes and practice being consistent enough for you to AAA, then move on to songs with more arrows.