Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I've Been Temporarily Working As a Cashier at Wal-Mart for 2 1/2 Months; A.M.A. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152008)

drizzleRomanceGirl 06-28-2020 09:56 AM

I've Been Temporarily Working As a Cashier at Wal-Mart for 2 1/2 Months; A.M.A.

/l\
/l
/l

Hakulyte 06-28-2020 10:23 AM

Re: I've Been Temporarily Working As a Cashier at Wal-Mart for 2 1/2 Months; A.M.A.

Do you like it ?

drizzleRomanceGirl 06-28-2020 10:46 AM

Re: I've Been Temporarily Working As a Cashier at Wal-Mart for 2 1/2 Months; A.M.A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4732800)
Do you like it ?

i mean i like being a cashier itself; i think it's really cool talking with people and being able to process their groceries and other items, but it's getting a little repetitive, mostly because i've only been greeting them unless someone starts a conversation with me first; i really want to try to start conversations with people if they seem like they want to talk so that they feel appreciated and i don't feel bored

i really don't like how one of my supervisors keeps criticising me all the time though - mostly because i'm using too much disinfectant spray and maybe because i think she feels like i'm not following her directions without questioning her; i've been trying to compromise and use a lot less disinfectant spray but she wants me to use one spray for every surface except for the conveyor belt, which i think isn't enough

trumaestro 06-28-2020 10:50 AM

best "people of walmart" sighting

gold stinger 06-28-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4732801)
i mean i like being a cashier itself; i think it's really cool talking with people and being able to process their groceries and other items, but it's getting a little repetitive, mostly because i've only been greeting them unless someone starts a conversation with me first; i really want to try to start conversations with people if they seem like they want to talk so that they feel appreciated and i don't feel bored

Interesting take. I prefer lots of activity in my line but the minimal amount of talking. I hate how invasive some places and their 'scripts' can be. Basically comes down to 'if I'm moving, the clock's moving' for me.

drizzleRomanceGirl 06-28-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4732803)
Interesting take. I prefer lots of activity in my line but the minimal amount of talking. I hate how invasive some places and their 'scripts' can be. Basically comes down to 'if I'm moving, the clock's moving' for me.

i try to bag everyone’s groceries carefully anyway so i go at my own pace usually while still trying to be quick

Mahou 06-28-2020 02:18 PM

What were you doing before this?

mellonxcollie 06-28-2020 02:30 PM

Do you think Walmart is doing enough to keep you and the customers safe? It doesn't sound like it if they are criticizing you for cleaning too much...

IwasAsquidOnce 06-28-2020 04:57 PM

i want refund

drizzleRomanceGirl 06-28-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4732810)
What were you doing before this?

working at a preschool :)

i miss them all so much

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4732811)
Do you think Walmart is doing enough to keep you and the customers safe? It doesn't sound like it if they are criticizing you for cleaning too much...

for everything else, yeah; it’s just that they do want us to clean but one of my supervisors only wants me to use one spray for every surface except for the conveyor belt which isn’t enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by IwasAsquidOnce (Post 4732818)
i want refund

you have to ask someone at customer service for that lol

the sun fan 06-28-2020 06:49 PM

are you the best damn cashier that's ever lived?

justin_ator 06-28-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4732824)

clearly, what kind o q is this

drizzleRomanceGirl 06-28-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4732824)

nope, but i’m trying to be better so more customers people like how i do everything the experience of being my customers

XelNya 06-28-2020 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 4732826)
clearly, what kind o q is this

one from someone who never worked at walmart

you're the best when you quit

gold stinger 06-28-2020 09:21 PM

What's your thoughts on terrible customers? Have you had to put up with one yet?

MixMasterLar 06-29-2020 01:09 AM

Honestly just want to know how's life been?

Also Zelda Let's Play when?

Dynam0 06-29-2020 12:55 PM

I saw the word "Temporarily" in the thread title and thought it was a RATO score thread

[my brain]<---- wtf is this

Do you get any regular customers and do you enjoy seeing them or are they annoying?

choof 06-29-2020 12:59 PM

in some sense I wish you didn't have to do this, but bills need to be paid

gold stinger 06-29-2020 04:22 PM

Have you bumped into that one christian person that feels the need to tell you about jesus and hold up the line while handing you jesus-related handouts yet?

JurseyRider734 07-7-2020 08:43 PM

PM me your store's phone number and your manager's name and ill put on my best Karen voice and complain about how i overheard her reprimanding you for using too much disinfectant and how unsafe it made me feel that she didn't want to fully disinfect the checkout area