Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Years Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121662)

Anaru 01-2-2012 08:00 PM

Re: New Years Tournament!

A billion restarts later..

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3604753)
No problem Zenith. And wildfire, I'm looking at an 80% rollover rate, but it's not really set in stone yet as I haven't applied it to anyone. If I start applying this to people for the next round and 80% isn't working (or if you guys find flaw with that now) then it is subject to change.

Okay, thanks a lot for the info! I don't see why that would be a problem, since the limits don't allow huge gains unless certain people who can play 100,000x can also consistently get good scores on 1.0x higher than their usual XD

Zakvvv666 01-2-2012 08:00 PM

Thanks for clearing things up Justin, things make more sense now.

dragonmegaXX 01-2-2012 08:20 PM

Question: Say I consistently get good scores on a song using my normal speed mod, and someone else usually gets AAA's with a speed mod that's higher than their usual. Does that mean that in a higher round (like an FGO round) that if I manage to pull an SDG and they get like 20 goods, they can still beat me since bonus points "carry over if they get an AAA"?

wildfireskunk 01-2-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3604765)
Question: Say I consistently get good scores on a song using my normal speed mod, and someone else usually gets AAA's with a speed mod that's higher than their usual. Does that mean that in a higher round (like an FGO round) that if I manage to pull an SDG and they get like 20 goods, they can still beat me since bonus points "carry over if they get an AAA"?

In theory they could, but they'd have to have a lot of bonus points carried over in order to do that. I guess in later FMO and FGO rounds, if someone AAAs a song on quite a different speedmod you might see numbers like 500 or so be carried over (although I'm sure it'll be limited to something *reasonable*), in which case they'd have quite a buffer and could beat you. But you could always come back with a speed mod bonus of your own to counteract that.

Edit: Example. A song with 1500 notes. If someone was to AAA it on 0.35x faster than the one they called their default, then they'd gain an extra 525 points of which a % would be carried over. I don't think that the 525 would be counted in the current round, so if you AAA'd it on your default speedmod you'd just draw with him. But he'd start next round with an advantage of maybe 400 or so points, so if he got 20 goods then, the 400 points would bring him up to a 4 good score.

I might be wrong though. Justin will surely tell me if so ^_^

justin_ator 01-2-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3604754)
A billion restarts later..

[high fmo AAA picture]

In all honesty I pity the situation I've put you in, but I can tell you are above the D5 level. That's a wonderful score man, congrats. Also, can I ask why you don't actually use the restart key? Instead of closing the window? It does basically the same thing and you can map the button to whatever you want in the settings menu.

Sorry, didn't see that post before I answered (@dragonmega)

Theoretically you could be beaten in an FGO round by a 20 good score if they had enough carry-over points, but what you have to keep in mind is that rollover will become less and less likely as the chances of a AAA score get harder and harder to manage. If you read the last part of my last post, I said that rollover is applied AFTER the other points, and EXTRA rollover that isn't needed DOES NOT carry over again. So pretty much, in order to beat you with 20 goods in an FGO round, someone would have to get a massive rollover (AAA with a decent speedmod change, most likely) in order to get an amount that would help them THAT much. Since it's raw you can look at it in terms of accuracy:

A 200 point rollover is 4 free perfects, basically, added to your score. So if you got 1003-7-0-0-0 and they got 990-20-0-0-0, it would go like this:

Your raw is: 50325, their raw is: 50000 + 200 = 50200. You would still win, and rightly so (I'd bet money that unless they are really skilled people won't be getting >200 rollover on the really hard songs after the conversion between ratios and the 20% cut.

EDIT: wildfire is correct, but is forgetting the conversion ratio between songs, since they have different raw max's most of the time.

Double Edit: Only time will really tell...I'll be sure to check some of the rollover before moving into the next round, and see if that value needs to change.

Guest15937 01-2-2012 08:57 PM

How is that a billion restarts anyway? The Best Rank is 0, so doesn't that mean it's a sightread? :-?

Im Vince 01-2-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest15937 (Post 3604804)
How is that a billion restarts anyway? The Best Rank is 0, so doesn't that mean it's a sightread? :-?

When you restart (closing tab or pressing restart button) your score does not record. That's why he had rank 0.

Magicturbo 01-2-2012 09:14 PM

Incoming noob question... Where's the restart button T____________T

Edit: Actually... it's pretty much what Anaru said...

Im Vince 01-2-2012 09:16 PM

Velocity engine

justin_ator 01-2-2012 09:17 PM

Ah, forgot it is only Velo's engine...I'm sorrrrry lol

(in the middle of an update, I'll let you know when I'm done)

justin_ator 01-2-2012 10:24 PM

Blah, that blows.

Just so everyone knows, Anaru has permission to use p.nano, his first account, to submit scores in order to preserve his AAA/game ratio if he doesn't think he can AAA the song within the week.

Hateandhatred 01-3-2012 12:21 AM

Derp, will try to lower my speedmod even more, but I'm bored of this song =(

jprox445 01-3-2012 04:20 AM

This was a bitch to obtain... -_-

MikeShinoda12345 01-3-2012 04:20 AM

lolk I'm down with the flu

one try, might do a few later but this score is decent, this fever's got my eyes feeling irritable, and finals are next week. placeholder, if you will

justin_ator 01-3-2012 04:23 AM

Should be decent Mike, you've still got non-submitters as of right now and yeah.

MikeShinoda12345 01-3-2012 04:49 AM

btw all these spreadsheets and stuff :O
nice work, man

FontSize72LOL 01-3-2012 05:15 AM

Hateandhatred 01-3-2012 05:31 AM

prefx 01-3-2012 12:15 PM

Work started, busy as hell, I'd like to turn light blue plox. Playing for fun D4 to D6?