Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

yo man im awesome 02-4-2014 05:32 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4071508)
Remove Our Final Mourning [Beginner] from the batch. It's obvious with this group of imbeciles it won't ever see the light of the game, or proper judging.

jesus christ how self-righteous can you get

AlexDest 02-4-2014 07:24 PM

If anyone has any questions regarding my notes, PM me and I'll gladly go more in-depth. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4071508)
Remove Our Final Mourning [Beginner] from the batch. It's obvious with this group of imbeciles it won't ever see the light of the game, or proper judging.

And this is why you'll never change your attitude. Good riddance.

Razor 02-4-2014 11:41 PM

hmm.. thanks for the commentary on BA... i knew the other file was garbage and i'm definitely out of the loop when it comes to charting now, shall fix and re-sub, i guess.

drizzleRomanceGirl 02-5-2014 12:18 AM

I received a comment from the judges saying that my stepfile feels more like a pad chart than a keyboard chart. Does that mean no triples or quads are used, or does it mean something completely different?

ilikexd 02-5-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4071868)
I received a comment from the judges saying that my stepfile feels more like a pad chart than a keyboard chart. Does that mean no triples or quads are used, or does it mean something completely different?

PR wasn't really used and jumps were used arbitrarily instead of by layering sounds together, which is something you'd see in a DDR chart for example.

bmah 02-5-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4071868)

Usually when someone says that a file feels like pad stepping, it means that the chart was stepped very loosely to the music at best. Charts for playing on DDR/ITG pads do have some correlation to the music, but more often focuses on beats and do not necessarily follow the music to a T. On FFR though, there's more meaningful impact to step more closely to the music - we're not using our feet, and our fingers are more capable of hitting arrows in a variety of ways.

What to do next? Step more closely to the music. Start with the main melody, and structure things from there. (Consider a simfile like layers of an onion.)

trumaestro 02-5-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4071877)
(Consider a simfile like layers of an onion.)

No wonder my simfiles stink

drizzleRomanceGirl 02-5-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4071870)
PR wasn't really used and jumps were used arbitrarily instead of by layering sounds together, which is something you'd see in a DDR chart for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4071877)
Usually when someone says that a file feels like pad stepping, it means that the chart was stepped very loosely to the music at best. Charts for playing on DDR/ITG pads do have some correlation to the music, but more often focuses on beats and do not necessarily follow the music to a T. On FFR though, there's more meaningful impact to step more closely to the music - we're not using our feet, and our fingers are more capable of hitting arrows in a variety of ways.

What to do next? Step more closely to the music. Start with the main melody, and structure things from there. (Consider a simfile like layers of an onion.)

I see; thank you very much! I'll make sure to match the different layering in the song more closely for my resubmission. ^.^

VisD 02-5-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumaestro (Post 4071889)
No wonder my simfiles stink

WILD PLANET made me cry tears of joy :').

DossarLX ODI 02-5-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikexd (Post 4071518)
You can always release it on StepMania for beginner players to enjoy.

This could make for an interesting pack idea. Step beginner files and the pack is consisted entirely of those types of files. (Stepping Stones of Stepmania seemed to be carrying this out, but I don't know what happened to that pack)

Also posting anime gifs don't help your situation in any way midnight they're just annoying. Your posts don't focus on productivity, just baiting.

TC_Halogen 02-5-2014 08:15 PM

Hey guys, just a little update.

I was in the process of trying to update the SAP and got a bit fed up with how it was organized, so I condensed everything into a nice spreadsheet.

SEE THIS SPREADSHEET FOR YOUR CURRENT SAP AND SUBMISSION CAP.

That link appears identically on the first post of the original post as it does here, so it should be easy to find. My hope is to be able to archive a bit further into the past, but for now, this will do.

Rebirth0 02-5-2014 10:29 PM

Maybe I'll make files again.

Maybe

TC_Halogen 02-5-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 4072633)
Maybe I'll make files again.

Maybe

Do it.

ilikexd 02-5-2014 10:32 PM

make another 17 minute piano medley

Rebirth0 02-5-2014 10:32 PM

It feels "right" to have TGWPv2 as my last released file. I could either just not care about that or start submitting files under a different username. Not sure what I'll do

I'm more waiting to see what the judging system will be like for this next go around. I'll attempt to start judging again and if I end up being one of them, I'll be more inclined to make files again

hi19hi19 02-7-2014 09:16 PM

fyi I will be making minor fixes to all my files as soon as possible (probably not this week, moving into new apartment and have a big econ test) but can you not throw my files into the game until I fix em

thx

M0nkeyz 02-8-2014 07:32 AM

Most of my files were me getting used with stepmania edit and I think I took way too hard and generic files, with alot of BPM changes. However I really wish to make phase 1 into something good.

I wonder if I can still resubmit it now?

VisD 02-8-2014 07:47 AM

Yeah, you can keep resubmitting it as many times as you want, batch after batch until it gets in. However if it's your first few times submitting to fiffer you might want to just get more immediate feedback outside the batches with PMs and fix it up properly first before submitting, because otherwise you're only getting feedback like 1x/4 months, which is hard to improve through.

ilikexd 02-9-2014 07:09 AM

I sent 2 files back in Nov-Dec period and 3 this Jan-Feb period, but it's been so long I'm just gonna send a new e-mail with 6 (2+4) files I want to use for the current batch to replace the old ones.
LeaF - Resurrection Spell
LeaF - Calamity Fortune
LeaF - Exclusive Utopia
Musical Masterpiece - Maniera
YMCK - Gourmet na Aitsu
Virt - Bedtime Story