Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FFR Features ? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151276)

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 08:41 AM

New FFR Features ?

Suggest things you'd like to see in the next version of FFR (either website or engine).
I will try my best to implement those in the dev site for the release.

What would you guys like ? Throw ideas and debate on their usefulness.

List:
-SDG bar
-Passes bar
-Fix FC bar to avoid overwrite
-Hard pass mode

XxXMetalheadXxX 09-16-2019 08:54 AM

Re: New FFR Features ?

Its already been talked about on discord amongst Velocity (who's willing to implement it if it is wanted) and a few others but adding new stat bars to profiles such as Pass, SDGs, omniflags, etc. I wanted to atleast bring it up here incase those on discord didnt see it and could add value to this in any regards. As Devonin mentioned that the Passing would be useful to track towards the achievement/support token that requires playing every song. I feel like if it were a new addition it would give the ability to give ourselves a daily, weekly or, monthly goal to achieve for ourselves.

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXMetalheadXxX (Post 4698519)
Its already been talked about on discord amongst Velocity (who's willing to implement it if it is wanted) and a few others but adding new stat bars to profiles such as Pass, SDGs, omniflags, etc. I wanted to atleast bring it up here incase those on discord didnt see it and could add value to this in any regards. As Devonin mentioned that the Passing would be useful to track towards the achievement/support token that requires playing every song. I feel like if it were a new addition it would give the ability to give ourselves a daily, weekly or, monthly goal to achieve for ourselves.

Yes, and I agree too. I have implemented SDG bar for profile yesterday, and the tracking will be done once Velo goes over the game engine.

For the Passes bar, I'll work on that, but that'll likely be the last stat bar. I feel like AAAs, SDGs, FCs, PASSES, TPs are enough and more would make the UI cluttered.

TheSaxRunner05 09-16-2019 09:32 AM

It would be neat to see a "hard mode" pass with a progress bar, with between 4-10 points on the life bar and every non-perfect counting against life. Then a pass would mean something (but only when the mode is turned on in options of course). Maybe songs already AAA'd in ranks could be automatically given this flag upon update?

Just a thought. On the more conventional side of things, SDG and FC flags would be nice.

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4698521)
It would be neat to see a "hard mode" pass with a progress bar, with between 4-10 points on the life bar and every non-perfect counting against life. Then a pass would mean something (but only when the mode is turned on in options of course). Maybe songs already AAA'd in ranks could be automatically given this flag upon update?

Just a thought. On the more conventional side of things, SDG and FC flags would be nice.

The basis of this isnt hard to do, however to make it useful we'd need some sort of tracking for it or a specific use. How would such a feature work once, say, you pass a file on hard mode ? Where would you see it on the website/game ?

storn42 09-16-2019 09:49 AM

I'd like the ability to autofail based on raw goods, like we can with averages, misses, goods, perfects, ect. when your trying to improve a score and autorestarting if you fail, its nice to be able to count averages and misses instead of having to put in values for everything.

alloyus 09-16-2019 10:19 AM

Disable pm pop-up in the bottom right during gameplay while connected to multi :c If possible have it pop up once song finishes?

Customize the types of accuracy for judgement tracking (for example be able to remove perfect tracking and only see goods/av/miss/boo, would be cool to enable/disable any of them)

devonin 09-16-2019 10:43 AM

I've written up a fairly big internal admin document of possible implementations culled from threads and discord conversations with users that include a lot of this stuff. My working list at the moment is something like:

1. Adjustment to the range of divisions
2. SDG bar in profiles
3. Tracking Amazings separately from Perfects
4. Giving the FC flag on any FC, not overwriting it with a better non-FC score
5. Allow songs on rate >1.0 to count as done on 1.0 and record them
6. Searching/Filtering the song list by 'Raw Goods'
7. Add 'Explicit' tags to songs with explicit lyrics, allow them to be filtered out
8. Add 'Max Combo' to the autofail options
9. Add 'Raw Goods' to the autofail options
10. Adding back the 'accuracy' percentage to the results screen

And then some internal staff backend stuff like going over all the user roles, and doing a pass of all the stickies on the forums and clear out old/out of date stuff, maybe re-condense some subforums back into each other since activity is so low etc.

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 10:55 AM

Great suggestions so far !
Will see what I can start with tonight :)

TheSaxRunner05 09-16-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4698522)
The basis of this isnt hard to do, however to make it useful we'd need some sort of tracking for it or a specific use. How would such a feature work once, say, you pass a file on hard mode ? Where would you see it on the website/game ?

I think it wouldn't take much, maybe a checkbox on the level ranks and a progress bar somewhere.

Other rhythm games have a much greater emphasis on passing hard files, and I think a hard mode like this could give that same feeling and reward. All without changing the regular play of the game.

Dinglesberry 09-16-2019 12:32 PM

ingame friends list and rival feature where u can view scores that ur friends/rivals have on a particular song

edit: i like the idea of having a "hard mode" life difficulty option where ur life drains faster and refills slower and you need a certain % of life to pass a song, would make it fun to go for clears on stupid ffrmania songs that aren't really worthwhile to play for acc etc

Dinglesberry 09-16-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4698528)
Other rhythm games have a much greater emphasis on passing hard files, and I think a hard mode like this could give that same feeling and reward. All without changing the regular play of the game.

yee

i dont even think it needs to be listed anywhere on the site, it could just be a mod for fun, it wouldn't have to disable score tracking either. Maybe it could put a lil icon next to where itd normally say FC/SDG/AAA on the song select screen that says like, HC or something for hard clear

Antori 09-16-2019 01:45 PM

-friends leaderboard: only shows scores of the people in your friends list(on the website) ingame next to the global leaderoard
-bpm stat: shows bpm of the song in the result screen and changes based on the rate used

just noticed dinglesberry also had this suggestion i'm so happy i'm not the only one \o/ thanks for adding features to FFR oppie

TheSaxRunner05 09-16-2019 04:24 PM

Double credits for playing in Multiplayer?

Purchasable Courses? Courses could be separate from public or token songs. It would be cool to open a submissions batch for Courses and see what people could come up with.

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 06:04 PM

Just a heads up, I can mostly fiddle with the website for now. We need to have the game engine mostly migrated (not the case yet) before I can deal with that. :)

SputnikOwns 09-16-2019 06:26 PM

Anything more than SDG bar would be too cluttered.

Don't like tracking Amazings. One of the main appeals is the simplicity of the system as is.

FC flag fix would be good. No-one wants to quit a run in fear that they won't be able to beat it for an FC flag.

Recording >1 rate plays is good. Those are legit scores.

How do you feel about Tier Points? They seem totally pointless as well as out of reach of the vast majority of players. It's basically just average rank.

xXOpkillerXx 09-16-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4698553)
Anything more than SDG bar would be too cluttered.

Don't like tracking Amazings. One of the main appeals is the simplicity of the system as is.

FC flag fix would be good. No-one wants to quit a run in fear that they won't be able to beat it for an FC flag.

Recording >1 rate plays is good. Those are legit scores.

How do you feel about Tier Points? They seem totally pointless as well as out of reach of the vast majority of players. It's basically just average rank.

Personally, now that I got Tier 6, I really dont give a shit about TPs haha. Thanks for voicing your interest in ideas~

TheSaxRunner05 09-16-2019 08:02 PM

I made a thread this year about rates >1 recording and most players were for it

SputnikOwns 09-16-2019 08:07 PM

I say replace tier points with SDGs then. :)

justin_ator 09-17-2019 01:40 AM

I totally understand the argument that TP stats don't mean anything but the "goal and stats lover" part of me really likes the fact that there is some other random achievement to work towards.