Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Flesvelka: A quick how-to-PA! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125299)

Reshiram 08-12-2012 08:03 PM

Flesvelka: A quick how-to-PA!

So yeah. Not dossar-meets-Rave7 depth, but here are 24 nice, quick tips to improve your Flesvelka.

DossarLX ODI 08-12-2012 08:05 PM

Re: Flesvelka: A quick how-to-PA!

Goddamn cameljack

Also, you should post this in this thread.

V-Ormix 08-12-2012 08:09 PM

I found it helpful to play with pa and combo off and using task manager to cover your score so you had no idea if you hit a good or not... but it helped my focus

Reshiram 08-12-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3745844)
Goddamn cameljack

Also, you should post this in this thread.

Friggin ALLY told me wrong then. :P

Thanks for the link.

Patashu 08-12-2012 08:18 PM

hahaha is that what they're called now? cameljacks? I like that word

Emanresu13 08-12-2012 08:22 PM

this isn't how i play rhythm games

maybe that's why i suck

alloyus 08-12-2012 08:23 PM

Emphasis!!!

Patashu 08-12-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emanresu13 (Post 3745857)
this isn't how i play rhythm games

maybe that's why i suck

you probably don't take notes at school either

Emanresu13 08-12-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3745874)
you probably don't take notes at school either

i never did, you are correct

qqwref 08-12-2012 09:45 PM

Thanks to a quick look through this tutorial I actually FC'd it for the first time XD

I dunno about PAing this sunovabitch, but your notes were pretty useful.

Nullifidian 08-12-2012 09:54 PM

I thought ffr agreed on cameljack being a stupid word?

i love you 08-12-2012 10:10 PM

Regardless if FFR hated the word or not, most people nowadays refer it as "cameljacks" and so it would make sense that the term stays rather then changing to something else.

EDIT: Awesome guide.

Elite Ninja 08-12-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reshiram (Post 3745841)

You can try hitting this pattern as [34]12[34][12] instead of jumptrilling the entire pattern if you want. It would be safer to do it that way imo.

Mike Weedmark 08-13-2012 01:06 AM

What? I thought a cameljack was just a jack, not a minitrill. That pattern's not even a little bit annoying. Not compared to minijacks. Why do people have trouble with it? lol

gnr61 08-13-2012 01:11 AM

i don't get it what's a cameljack? that just looks like a minitrill ?____?;

yo man im awesome 08-13-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr61 (Post 3746017)
i don't get it what's a cameljack? that just looks like a minitrill ?____?;

it is a minitrill, it was titled stupidly.

TC_Halogen 08-13-2012 01:18 AM

I forget who coined it, but someone was simply mentioning a jack in Camel where the distance between the two notes was a two frames, with a note in between. In reality, a "cameljack" is an extremely fast mini-trill.

See here:

EDIT: Ninja'd by yo man.

stavie33 09-13-2012 12:22 AM

songs ez, read + control. I still have no clue why people find this file so hard, mainly because there's not real way to cheat it, so you don't have to learn any tricks or work on any specific skill. It has some eww parts but I still feel they are pretty straightforward reading wise, it's really about the control and just the skill. I mean this song takes skill, but doesn't require super speed, trilling ability, jacking ability, jumpstream ability, endurance, etc. All it needs are bursts and mini jacks. Mind you some super icky mini jacks and bursts but you can handle them with control. This is just a brutal control file. Well great guide anyways, hope it helps people because the AAA count on this file is far too low. Like I know tons of peeps who should be able to AAA this song who just don't have the AAA's.

Also just my two cents, I don't try and cheat ANY of the patterns or speed in this file. Just don't. I realize you catch way too many goods and boos along the way if you do. If you just try and hit the patterns head on, they tend to work out. For example the 32nd streamy parts towards the beginning (and end), there are some gaps there, but if you try and hit them head on as 32nds they tend to work out even without worrying about the gap. The later patterns as well. Read em' and try and hit them, the file is surprisingly lenient with some of these from my experience. The colored sections though aren't as lenient

MikeShinoda12345 09-13-2012 02:45 AM

personally by the time you're worried about scoring on this file you should be able to figure these patterns out for yourself lol

especially the opening ss's? I mean really?
if you can't read the bursts for this song, just keep playing and practicing. that's pretty much all there is to it.

Untimely Friction 09-13-2012 11:45 AM

This thread is now cameljacks