Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Tournament Organization Suggestion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=84914)

tha Guardians 01-3-2008 01:20 PM

Tournament Organization Suggestion

I scanned the forums and I wasn't quite sure where to put this.

My idea is to organize the tournaments subforum. I'd like there to be three different folders. One contains the tournaments with open or exclusive sign-ups, one with tournaments with closed sign-ups, and one folder with concluded tournaments.

Tournaments that you can jump in after initiation, such as Devonin's CT tournie, should remain in the open sign-ups folder.

I don't think this is an unrealistic vision. It would hardly be a daily task.
I'm sure Chris or Jimerax won't mind too much, eh?

Would really help me keep tabs of what's current, and help me find the tournaments I'm looking for.

Ever gone through a tournament and posted, "Count me in" just to realize that the tournament is closed or in progress?

I mean, of course you could read the first post, but I wouldn't doubt some lazy people still do that.

llama499 01-4-2008 03:15 AM

Re: Tournament Organization Suggestion

i think that this is a good idea since you cant make 2 different threads for 1 tournament saying that it has no started.

[TeRa] 01-4-2008 03:27 AM

i like this idea as will, keeps thins orginized, and i love orginization.

jimerax 01-6-2008 08:20 AM

I think tourney owners should add current status like [sign up], [concluded] or something at the beginning of the thread title.

omgitznpv 01-6-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 1967198)
I think tourney owners should add current status like [sign up], [concluded] or something at the beginning of the thread title.

I do that, but it doesn't show up anywhere except for on the first page of the thread.

devonin 01-6-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 1967198)

I believe thread creators can only change the title of a thread so it is visible right in the thread listing, within a short time of making the thread, and not whenever they need to.

jimerax 01-7-2008 07:10 AM

hmm.. I thought thread starter can change the title by double-clicking the title line.

but it's obviously difficult for us to move them/change the title of every thread by the tourney status manually.

tha Guardians 01-10-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 1968635)
hmm.. I thought thread starter can change the title by double-clicking the title line.

but it's obviously difficult for us to move them/change the title of every thread by the tourney status manually.

There's like one new thread everyday and two mods to do the work. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult, although I could be wrong.