Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   actually controversial opinions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150562)

flashflash account 12-23-2018 10:23 PM

Re: actually controversial opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadcop2 (Post 4663286)
mario, pokemon, and basically almost all nintendo games are for children and if you haven't stopped playing them by age 12 you're basically a manchild

[group of games] are for children

this is objective, not an opinion
and you're wrong

dadcop2 12-23-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4663327)

and you're wrong

[group of games] are bad but i see why kids would like them -> i don't see why adults would like them -> i think these games are intended for kids -> these games are for kids

?????

DaBackpack 12-23-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4663327)

and you're wrong

controversial opinion, FFA edition

this is pedantic

anytime anybody says "x sucks" or "x is for y" it's an opinion. it's implied

blanky! 12-23-2018 10:38 PM

It's okay to be white

rayword45 12-23-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanky! (Post 4663330)
It's okay to be white

mayo hot take

Spenner 12-24-2018 12:39 AM

Extroverts often end up looking like fools in conversations where they are speaking before giving themselves enough time to correctly process the right answer

Dinglesberry 12-24-2018 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4663339)
Extroverts often end up looking like fools in conversations where they are speaking before giving themselves enough time to correctly process the right answer

Pro tip for convos, just ask people a bunch of questions about them and seem interested in it and they'll be happy

If ur worried about looking like a fool during convo, ur talking to the wrong people imo

#autismstrats

DotKritic 12-24-2018 02:13 AM

Some kids need to be left the fuck behind! If you aren't able to meet the standards for a certain grade level you shouldn't get to move to the next because it would hurt your feelings if not. These kids are seriously dumbing down our schools. Instead of teaching to the lowest denominator we need to teach to the highest and actually challenge children to learn.

rayword45 12-24-2018 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DotKritic (Post 4663349)
Some kids need to be left the fuck behind! If you aren't able to meet the standards for a certain grade level you shouldn't get to move to the next because it would hurt your feelings if not. These kids are seriously dumbing down our schools. Instead of teaching to the lowest denominator we need to teach to the highest and actually challenge children to learn.

this is a problem when public school districts are horrendously managed and funds are commonly misallocated then all the rich kids get sent to a boarding school or something instead

Eleanoire 12-24-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4663351)
this is a problem when public school districts are horrendously managed and funds are commonly misallocated then all the rich kids get sent to a boarding school or something instead

Cull the herd. Set the standard and remove all who fail to meet it.

flashflash account 12-24-2018 03:10 AM

People would argue it favors white people

GeekSquad 12-24-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4663217)
none of that weak stuff

i love how the most debated opinion in this thread insofar has been "mario sucks"

Quote:

anyone who drinks cheap beer is an ingrate who accepts mediocrity
i actively avoid major "breweries" if I can, I just happen to have an active stock of someones crappy budweisers in the basement fridge that I open and never finish because ewww

i don't even really like beer *that* much anyways but if I'm gonna drink it I want a good one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4663220)
Sega Genesis won the 16-bit war

no argument here I grew up on sega and don't really have any SNES games I LOVE off the top of my head. But Sonic 1 & 2 were my fuckin jam

GeekSquad 12-24-2018 05:23 AM

canada should back out of signing the UN pact on migration

rayword45 12-24-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleanoire (Post 4663352)
Cull the herd. Set the standard and remove all who fail to meet it.

this is a blazingly dumb response to "widespread fund misallocation"

Funnygurl555 12-24-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DotKritic (Post 4663349)

i lived in the uae for a year where this was done and it didn't seem to raise the standard of education there. also most of the class wasn't progressing at the normal rate, and there were much fewer kids past the fifth grade

also, finland does this thing where they assist those who are struggling, and they have a much better education system than the states

Spenner 12-24-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4663343)
Pro tip for convos, just ask people a bunch of questions about them and seem interested in it and they'll be happy

If ur worried about looking like a fool during convo, ur talking to the wrong people imo

#autismstrats

That’s how I generally start something, by asking the right questions. I am not personally worried about looking like a fool, because it is a learning process, as you take in more information from a situation. I try to wait before sharing my full opinion of something, because I have to figure out what exactly we’re talking about first. I’d rather be a bit more careful than to make assumptions, which I feel like a lot of extroverts can make a bad habit from.

My last boss, and current manager, it’s like their amygdala is firing too much, and they think they know the full story of a situation before they have a chance to absorb the entire context of that situation. It can mislead their plan of action, and often I’m having to correct for their mistakes.

Granted, the things they are good at and do know from experience, are things they are quickly able to pull out and use. For that, I am a bit envious. But it’s not like I haven’t been developing those skills, and will continue to improve my ability to evaluate a situation quickly and effectively (usually by paying attention to underlying causal factors as a situation develops)

This isn’t actually controversial tho but hi I made a post

Charu 12-24-2018 12:04 PM

People should not be near computers in a work place if they have no clue what a "file" is.

Charu 12-24-2018 12:14 PM

...Actually, not very controversial, I think a lot of people agree with that statement.

Let me add one other thing that isn't controversial either:

Students should not be able to take a class that requires some sort of computer usage unless they have some sort of evidence, high school or otherwise, that YES, they know what a "file" is on a computer and know how to browse websites.

...This is more of me being tired of telling the 3405th or so student (Who must be with a heavy accent, doesn't understand English well, and has never so much as seen an electronic device) to "click this icon with a W right here" since our machines have it permanently as a shortcut.

Don't get me started on students that have to use something else besides Word in the Office Suite. I get students all the time come in the library that don't even know what a browser even is, and they want to do research on top of that because their class is asking for online sources. It's silly, I wish these people weren't allowed to go into a class without first showing they know how to use one, if even at the most basic level.

/rant

V-Ormix 12-24-2018 12:15 PM

im sorry im bored

rayword45 12-24-2018 12:16 PM

^the solution to this is having rudimentary-level computer classes in elementary school and making the computer necessary classes like AP Stats or AP Comp Sci electives

Also the older half of the workforce needs retraining on this