Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Concluded] 11th Official Tournament - Round 8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144476)

gold stinger 06-5-2016 10:51 PM

Re: 11th Official Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4437850)
No D8? Fuck me.

Nah, there's D7, and then there's D7 who are absolutely going to get top 8.

I pray that rust blurs the line on that latter opinion though.

sweet2kill210 06-5-2016 11:55 PM

I AM SO HYPE! But will my arms heal in time? ;_; Pretty sure they will. :3

ItsOnlyDanO 06-6-2016 03:03 AM

well looks like it's time to start playing this game again

sspeckless 06-6-2016 06:52 AM

this is both an accurate representation of my reaction to the tournament, and my attempt to play:

KrazyKitsune 06-6-2016 07:10 AM

contributing to D7 pregame salt

psychoangel691 06-6-2016 08:35 AM

I will be sorting people off into divisions little by little but nothing will be finalized until just before the tournament.

I'm likely going to do a quick sort first then look at everyone in each division more closely (I find it easier this way, plus making some small shifts in the divisions this year)

Renrane 06-6-2016 08:38 AM

I just joined FFR and I have joined a tournament lol. It'll be a nice experience. =)

Kawaii025 06-6-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renrane (Post 4438023)
I just joined FFR and I have joined a tournament lol. It'll be a nice experience. =)

Welcome & good luck! :)

Kayla, will the dashboard be added to the front page once again or is it already there and I need to clean my glasses?

psychoangel691 06-6-2016 09:08 AM

Whether it's added back to the front page will be up to Max I suppose. I was surprised to see it removed from there in the first place to be honest.

DDRNGGin 06-6-2016 09:13 AM

I still don't know if I should enter the tourney or not. I really feel that Index Players have a strong disadvantage. :(

YoshL 06-6-2016 09:16 AM

does http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament/ get updated live with signups or is that also manually updated, can't remember

psychoangel691 06-6-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4438033)
does http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament/ get updated live with signups or is that also manually updated, can't remember

It's manual. Honestly in the back end there's a division 0 that everyone is placed in when they click sign up so there's probably no reason a signup list couldn't be tied to that. But for now as I update the 2nd post people are put into D1 to note they've been added to the page until they're placed in a division.

rushyrulz 06-6-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renrane (Post 4438023)

Good luck! Official Tournaments are definitely one of the most fun events that FFR has to offer.

Toxophilis 06-6-2016 10:04 AM

relevant every tournament

YoshL 06-6-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4437516)
Mandatory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxophilis (Post 4438047)
relevant every tournament

you're like 70 posts too late

tiloco217 06-6-2016 10:51 AM

Never done a tournament and I'm not sure I'm understanding how it works. Are we told a song and get one chance to play it or do we have the week to practice it before we submit a final score?

_Zenith_ 06-6-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiloco217 (Post 4438054)
Never done a tournament and I'm not sure I'm understanding how it works. Are we told a song and get one chance to play it or do we have the week to practice it before we submit a final score?

If it is held in the same format as last Official, you'll have one week per round to play the given song as much as you want to record your best score.

Scores are automatically recorded so you do not have to post a screenshot of the score.

cedolad 06-6-2016 11:30 AM

After debating about signing up since I've broke my hand, I think I can be able to play! For a round at least haha

Bach96 06-6-2016 12:06 PM

So yeah I hope that I can play in D1 instead of D2... Looked through at the people in D2 and I am clearly going to get eliminated first round. Like I barely stand a chance against people in D1 >.>

psychoangel691 06-6-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bach96 (Post 4438079)
So yeah I hope that I can play in D1 instead of D2... Looked through at the people in D2 and I am clearly going to get eliminated first round. Like I barely stand a chance against people in D1 >.>

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4437393)
*I do placements in phases, so nothing is finalized until just before the start of the tournament. I will be doing a quick sort first as people come in, then will have my team go through each division with me looking more closely at the participants. Please wait until we're closer to the start to voice concerns on any placement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4438022)
I will be sorting people off into divisions little by little but nothing will be finalized until just before the tournament.

I'm likely going to do a quick sort first then look at everyone in each division more closely (I find it easier this way, plus making some small shifts in the divisions this year)

Though even regardless of this, there's low and high people in literally every division. Look at D5 where there's people who are barely touching FMOs against people who are getting SDGs on FGOs. This is a competition.

No less being in the lower area you have the most room for improvement if you actually try. There's nearly 3 weeks until the tournament even starts, get training if you think you're going to be eliminated 1st round.

Edit: Going through your level ranks you have 28s AAA'd. You do realize there are people in D1 that literally can't AAA anything at all and some that don't even come close to it. You are definitely not where our D1 typically lies. I am doing some division adjustments this year to try to help in the upper divisions a little but I'm not sure where the cutoff is going yet. I'm waiting for more signups so I can compare better.
Digging further I see 30's SDGd including a double booflag on a 34, definitely not D1 even with an adjustment to the divisions, sorry.