Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Contested Chart Difficulties (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   All Y'all Bitches [10 or 11] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123236)

igotrhythm 03-27-2012 05:38 PM

All Y'all Bitches [10 or 11]

So I finally played this level, and HOLY CRAP I can't even FC without mashing. The density and reading difficulty compares favorably to Kidney Stone, and they even both max out at 22 nps, even if the length of those sections are shorter. This song, however, throws in hands to try to make up for it. (8th note two-handed jumptrills, which are already split bait, at that speed? Really?)

Maybe it's me not knowing how to turn off Aero on my Win 7, or maybe this song just hits me in my weak spots, but I'm getting goods all over the place from frame drop, especially when the dense parts kick in. As things stand, I just feel that this song is way too fast and dense to be a 10.

TC_Halogen 03-28-2012 10:14 AM

Re: All Y'all Bitches [10 or 11]

I'm going to have to agree with igotrhythm on this one -- decent density that could rival some 11s with a ton of jump/tap combinations at 175 BPM, but the problems come right at the end of the file, where you have to take on mini jumptrills and a 2x BPM chart structure.

I could see this as a low 11, personally.

j-rodd123 03-28-2012 10:27 AM

I was waiting for this thread to be made lol. My opinion is put it as an 11 as well. That end jumpstream alone is so dense and fast, it is really difficult to hit well.

Mau5 03-28-2012 10:29 AM

Agreed, agreed, and agreed
First time i played i was like awww yeah new VC song i think i have hope on this one!
*plays*
da phuq

literally could manage like around like 20 goods i think, and most all vc songs i play i average 3-6 goods first gameplay

It is a fun song though haha

Poison- 03-28-2012 10:40 AM

I played it for the first time yesterday and I was really surprised at how dense it was. I believe it should be a low 11 as well.

JJTrixX 03-28-2012 11:05 AM

this chart is arguably a borderline high 10/low 11. ~95% of it easily plays out to a 10(which is why i see it was originally given a vc rating), but the increase in speed at the very end, to an already dense chart alone pushes the overall difficulty to a very low 11.

hi19hi19 03-28-2012 01:27 PM

The obvious file to compare this to is Ambient Angels. Both have fairly forgiving patterns, and the jumpstream parts are very similar in density to Ambient Angels.
While the JS section is slightly shorter than in Ambient Angels, All Y'all Bitches has an even denser spike at the end.
I would be fine with this as a very low 11.

Xx{Midnight}xX 03-28-2012 01:44 PM

I'm torn on this, it looks faster than it is to me. The patterns are absolutely ****ing awful, but were it not for the hands I'd be laughing like "You guys are dumb this is a straight up 10"

But even still, It's more like a high ten to me. (At least till Novo and Choprite are moved.)

All that being said this is kinda forced into being an 11.

megamon88 03-28-2012 01:53 PM

I might be a bit biased since I stepped the file, but I personally feel like it's a high 10. The jumpstream is pretty dense, but you have to keep in mind that it's not a continuous jumpstream like AA. It's usually only in groups of 5-7 notes (red-blue-red-blue-red), then stops for a note. I personally find this somewhat easier than most other FMOs, but I wouldn't really mind if it got changed to an 11 (5th FMO AAA then :D).

TheSaxRunner05 04-7-2012 02:27 PM

Not only are the two dense jumpstream sections denser than 300, it has harder patterns as well AND hands. Just the 1,3 2,4 alternation in sixteenth notes is enough to make this a low FMO, let alone all the junk before. Also, the stopping for a note mentioned by megamon above always lands me extra boos lol.

I can read every other ten, this jumpstream going back and forth from hands to jumps to single steps makes it a bitch to read.

It is more dense than 300 and 3020 (just without 3020's jacks). I'd would be ridiculous for this chart to be a 10 while 300 is an 11. 300's stream is predictable and avoids awkward patterns, making it easier than All Y'all Bitches. If 300's Jumpstream make it an all, this one surely is too.

megamon88 04-7-2012 03:13 PM

The jumpstream isn't what makes 300 a 11 though. It's the tricky 16th jump transitions as the song speeds up that make it hard to PA. The jumpstream at the end is a piece of cake compared to those.

Hakulyte 04-7-2012 04:03 PM

You can jumptrill 32nd.
File fluidity compensate arrow density/speed.
Absence of awkward patterns.

It's a high 10 to me, it feels like a more friendly version of Melonman's OP.

igotrhythm 04-7-2012 04:19 PM

Melonman is more friendly to me than this file will EVER be.

Melonman I have about 14 goods. AYB I'm lucky to even FC and currently have more than three times that in goods alone. Like I said before, maybe this file hits my weak points, but the double BPM makes red-blue patterns that are hard to read (again, I'm referencing Kidney Stone, only the latter does it with stream speed instead of jump spam). Add in the density of those sections, and it's a nightmare.

Elite Ninja 04-7-2012 06:14 PM

Eh, I didn't really ever think of this being an 11 probably because compared to Ambient Angels the JS is shorter and I actually feel the JS in AYB is less dense than Ambient Angels. I might take another look at the file soon and see how it is but from what I remember it looked fine as a 10.

EDIT: Ok I just played AYB again and from what I got frm it is that it is pretty dense JS but it's short lived. It's a little awkward too..... I don't really know which side of difficulty I want to take so I'll just refrain from choosing lol.

hmmmm I'm a little surprised it only has 29 AAAs. I would expect more.

bballa48 04-7-2012 06:17 PM

Lol at this being compared to 300. 300 has disgusting bursts the entire last 25% of the file.

I vote 10, the jumpstream is a little intense but it is very short.

rayword45 04-9-2012 03:35 PM

This is difficult for me. My sightread was 3 goods, which would be VERY HIGH for an FMO. However, the JS sections are INCREDIBLY dense and mildly awkward (plus hands). There is pretty much no 10 with JS this dense while being awkward in the least bit. However, with a bit of speed, it is very easy to SDG.
Either would work, but I'm leaning towards low 11 (0 Piano, Colorful Course).

Also, worth noting is that the JS, while dense, is more like "jumpstream bursts" as they last only 5-7 notes as Megamon said. This drastically changes PA difficulty as one messup isn't going to totally **** your score like, say, Makiba or EHHS.

TheSaxRunner05 04-9-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballa48 (Post 3672314)
I vote 10, the jumpstream is a little intense but it is very short.

By this logic, ABCDeath is a 9, which it is not. And its intensity is a much larger spike for someone on the verge of FC'ing High 10's and low 11's than someone who can AAA FGO's. I think sometimes we forget how far we've come as players and judge things we have mastered more leniently.

bballa48 04-9-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3673175)
By this logic, ABCDeath is a 9, which it is not. And its intensity is a much larger spike for someone on the verge of FC'ing High 10's and low 11's than someone who can AAA FGO's. I think sometimes we forget how far we've come as players and judge things we have mastered more leniently.

I mean that's totally fair. Jumpstream is my best pattern so I am a little insensitive to subtle speed differences.

igotrhythm 04-13-2012 03:30 PM

After turning off Aero, I now have to find myself dropping a bomb on my last post. Just managed a 17-0-0-6 after a 15-2-1-4 (**** that ending...actually took away my FC icon because I hit everything else).

This sort of score is more in line with high 10s such as X-Tinction for me, and I can see the dense JS comparison of Ambient Angels. I maintain that the inclusion of yellow notes makes AA easier to read, plus it doesn't throw in lol hands.

x_lambourghini_x 04-13-2012 07:18 PM

I was just playing the song and I noticed some parts that you may have to mash to combo, therefore I agree on it being changed to an 11.