Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rock Band. More Awesome. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=82285)

hypercore 12-26-2007 02:16 PM

Re: RockBand. More Awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalReynolds (Post 1950135)
I just tap the solo buttons with my right hand. It takes some getting used to, but it's easier to move back down to the strum position for me.

Wow that's a good idea hahaha

I need to make a video of my siblings (two brothers) singing the Black Sabbath song (name escapes me at the moment) while I'm on the mic.

Afrobean 12-26-2007 06:37 PM

I never even bother with the solo buttons. Is it even worth using them?

MalReynolds 12-26-2007 06:49 PM

Ish. I don't really use them that much, and they have caused me to fail before. They are more fun, though, I think, then strumming.

ddr_f4n 12-26-2007 07:21 PM

Finally beat the guitar solo mode. That last song was really fun, but I couldn't beat with the RB guitar, so I turned on my GH3 guitar controller, and easily beat it.

After my whole family that came over decided to play. I was lead guitar, godmother was singer, uncle was bass, and my sis was the drummer. Good times.

Squeek 12-26-2007 07:31 PM

I'm thinking about getting it if the Wii Mic-only bundle is $60 or less and if the GH3 guitar works on it.

I really want to play Green Grass and High Tides. I also only really care about the guitar, singing, and combination of guitar and singing modes. I want to try the drums but they charge so much money for them =/

dore 12-26-2007 08:04 PM

Wow, Epic is charted really poorly on vocals. Apparently the word "it" is two beats long, when really they're yelling it out and it echoes. So to get graded well you have to go IT'S IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT which sounds like a ****ing snake when you try to imitate the singer's voice.

Afrobean 12-26-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 1950693)
I'm thinking about getting it if the Wii Mic-only bundle is $60 or less and if the GH3 guitar works on it.

I really want to play Green Grass and High Tides. I also only really care about the guitar, singing, and combination of guitar and singing modes. I want to try the drums but they charge so much money for them =/

Drums is the best part about the game, no question.

The guitar, while possibly fun, is nowhere near as challenging as Guitar Hero. The bass parts are even more ridiculously easy. And the mic is either piss easy or ****ed up. I don't know if other singing games are like that, but Rock Band definitely is.

Seriously, though, when a Wii version finally pops up, just front the extra cash for the drum kit.

Squeek 12-26-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrobean (Post 1950768)
Drums is the best part about the game, no question.

The guitar, while possibly fun, is nowhere near as challenging as Guitar Hero. The bass parts are even more ridiculously easy. And the mic is either piss easy or ****ed up. I don't know if other singing games are like that, but Rock Band definitely is.

Seriously, though, when a Wii version finally pops up, just front the extra cash for the drum kit.

$170 for a single video game is ridiculously overpriced.

I paid $75 for Guitar Hero 3 and I still think that's too much money.

Pascow 12-26-2007 08:53 PM

anyone wanna rock out right now? i'm on live. send me a friend request.

gamertag: j0hnny wishb0ne

Biff_tech 12-26-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 1950781)

Yes but it's not a single video game it's 4 bundled into one in a way.

Afrobean 12-26-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Don't think of it like that.

Think of it like a guitar simulator.

And a drum simulator.

And a karaoke game.

And a MOTHER ****ING FULL BAND SIMULATOR

It's like 3 games in its own respect, THAT CAN BE PLAYED AT ONCE FOR SUPER AWESOME FUN TIME

ps yes i know some *** just said a similar thing as me, but **** them my way of saying it is better

Squeek 12-26-2007 09:20 PM

Think of it as a "god i wish my friends were home more than 3 weeks a year so i could actually enjoy this game"

Biff_tech 12-26-2007 09:23 PM

Hey afrobean, wtf is your problem, stop trying to start a flame war.

dore 12-26-2007 10:10 PM

So, my red pad sucks.

Oh well don't care it's still fun :)

DigitalS3r4ph 12-27-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

You're either poor/can't afford it, a damn cheapskate, or both.

You can get both games as standalone at their standard price, or get it with their appropriate peripherals for a bit more.

Naturally Rock Band is going to be more expensive because you're not only purchasing the guitar, but the drum kit and microphone as well.

If that's too costly for you, stick to playing Zack and Wiki alone on your Wii.

1mpuls3 12-27-2007 12:49 AM

rock band just rocks lol my fav part is the drums

Squeek 12-27-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph (Post 1951047)
You're either poor/can't afford it, a damn cheapskate, or both.

You can get both games as standalone at their standard price, or get it with their appropriate peripherals for a bit more.

Naturally Rock Band is going to be more expensive because you're not only purchasing the guitar, but the drum kit and microphone as well.

If that's too costly for you, stick to playing Zack and Wiki alone on your Wii.

Where the hell did this come from?

Damn, man. I'd love to live in a world where dropping a paycheck on a single game is "normal". I'd also love to live in a world where I could drive across the country every weekend to visit my friends. How do you propose I solve that one?

People keep asking me why I don't have a second guitar for my copy of Guitar Hero 3. I don't understand it, personally. So far, the ratio of solo-play time to co-op play time is about 2000:1. Yeah I should totally drop the money so that the five minutes a month that my friends get to play my game can be enjoyed slightly more.

And what the hell would I do with Rock Band / Guitar Hero as just a disc when the only console I have is a Wii, and all of my friends are PC gamers?

I don't know what you have against me, but you need to chill out.

Cyanite 12-27-2007 08:11 AM

You need new friends

Just played this yesterday at a friend's house. Played guitar and drums. Drums are quite possibly the single most fun thing I've ever played on a video game. I was immediately capable of playing on Hard, and a few on Expert, but the songs I played were either easy or almost impossible. Still fun, though

The guitar's strum bar was complete ****, but the tactical feedback on the frets made up for it. The solo frets were a lot of fun, too.

god this whole game is great. I'm not going to buy it though, since my friend has it and I'm always over there

Afrobean 12-27-2007 08:21 AM

you dont even need to play it with friends

my friends are around more than squeek's (i guess a better way of putting it would be to say that they actually live within driving distance), but they're not into this kind of game

so ive only played multiplayer with family members

and its STILL FUN AS HELL

The only ****ty part is when you hit a brick wall where you need to be playing on a higher difficulty and all of your family members are retards when it comes to playing anything other than easy setting.

Cyanite 12-27-2007 08:32 AM

Yeah, I know I don't have to play it with friends, but I'd much rather do that instead of pay the money to play it on my own.