Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146967)

MinaciousGrace 03-9-2017 10:21 PM

THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT

IF YOU DONT

THEN DONT SEND ME ANYTHING

NO DEDLINE BUT START GETTING UR SHIT DONE AND SEND IT BECAUSE JUST CAUSE IM LAZY DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN BE

outright acceptance will be reserved only for the best submissions, everything else will be either denied or tentatively approved and the best ~60 files will be trimmed from the conditional pool in the weeks leading up to release

exceptional scoring files are welcome but dont send me stepmanias music unless ur file was forged from the fucking tears of an orgasming angel

edit: if you dont want me to put little to no effort into graphics for your file then dont send me gfxless files or files with shitty meme placeholder gfx, get someone to do a nice set and i'll respect it otherwise i'll replace it with one of the top 3 hits from a google or deviantart search of your songs title

edit2: released files (released in a pack, single releases are ok) will not be considered since lofty and i require the ability to work with people on their charts during the pack creation process, so unless you're committed to significantly altering an already released chart to the degree that it may be considered a restep, don't send it. If you wish to release a file in another pack that has been accepted to the pool, notify me and I'll remove it from the pool.

OK GET CRACKIN DARTDICKS

STUFF IS BEING ORGANIZED HERE
HERE MOTHAFUCKA IT'S A GODDAMN SPREADSHEET

THE MINTY WIPS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BUT PROBABLY WILL BECAUSE WE'RE COMMITTED TO THEM BE FINISHED FOR THIS PACK
Caribbean Blue
Child's Play
Cuor Senza Sangue
Djurdjevan
Don't Hold your Breath
Drops of Jupiter
I Will Survive
Mahmure
Norf Norf
Rock Lobster
Run Devil Run
Sublunar
The Magic Duel
The Real Folk Blues
Torn
Vatstep DSP
We Belong

choof 03-9-2017 10:26 PM

Re: THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH

you're getting some idm as heck music

James May 03-9-2017 10:35 PM

Welp there goes my idea of sending my dump for ALONE :U Might whip something up for this

-Tim- 03-10-2017 01:59 AM

here i go

L.B.D.D 03-10-2017 04:37 AM

graceful

DeadSignal 03-10-2017 04:55 AM

k cool

Coolboyrulez0 03-10-2017 07:52 AM

fuck yes

Flossy97 03-10-2017 08:07 AM

hype

MSB Khelly 03-10-2017 10:39 AM

Dont tell skwid

choof 03-10-2017 11:08 AM

sent a chart

blindreper1179 03-10-2017 11:22 AM

I'mma be that guy, what are you looking for, I WANT TO KNOW AND MAYBE SEND SOMETHING

choof 03-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4529907)
I'mma be that guy, what are you looking for, I WANT TO KNOW AND MAYBE SEND SOMETHING

good, inspired dump charts to non-stepmania music
aka don't send sharpnel unless you think you're the goddamned pope of dump charts

lofty rhino 03-10-2017 11:41 AM

^this

YoshL 03-10-2017 12:26 PM

i can do a thing

Cataclysm- 03-10-2017 02:59 PM

sheeet, looks like I got work to do.

MinaciousGrace 03-10-2017 09:30 PM

golden sky (choof) - I'm not exactly excited by jumptrillable 48ths and I feel like you could do something more interesting with those parts of the song, but it's not a dealbreaker either. You could also play around with the rhythmic intensity during the 24ths a little more (particularly during "shine") as well. A little on the short side but, cool tune/file.

tassa elama on (Wh1teh) - I've already mentioned to you directly the slight awkwardness I felt in some of the jumpjack patterns. The short/minijack section starting around 43s feels a little bland to me and could maybe use another once over or restructure? Generally I like the pattern structure but I'll have to play it a few more times for any finer grain comments on pattern flow. Solid scoring file.

MinaciousGrace 03-14-2017 12:44 AM

eighto (wh1teh) - The song is kinda bland overall in terms of rhythmic dynamic (it's very borderline stepmanias music to me tbh) but it does lend itself nicely to a scoring file, and one that probably has the most natural feeling splithands I've ever played. The harder/scoring focused areas of this chart are well patterned and interesting beyond the generic nature of standard js, but as I've mentioned to you directly as well the slower sections are under-utilized by a large amount and could use a bunch of work. Glad to be getting some scoring files before lofty and I poison the well with our ambularrhea.

In Too Deep (tachyon) - FFR outro, random super long anchors that go to nothing, dense anchor-chain based js that goes to vocals/instrumentals that demand rolly light js at most. Choruses are straight 16th js but don't create a scoring file opportunity because of the huge difficulty spikes caused by anchors and awkwardly placed minichains on top of the 9+ note anchors. The most interesting part of the song, the solo, is also the most generic part of the chart at straight 24ths. Patterns like
that go to no vocal or instrumental cue or any combination of the two are unacceptable. You can't just rechart maximize and submit it with a new mp3. This song calls for a completely different approach and you would have to start from the ground up for this to be reconsidered. And I'd still probably reject it just based on song choice alone.

Love Boat Tracker (swiftwinter) - a) who r u. b) this is really close to getting a straight accepted. Awesome song choice, cool patterns and solid (if a little rough) execution. There are a couple of difficulty spikes I'm concerned about but I need some more time to playtest this to give really detailed feedback on patterns, but with a little refinement this could easily score the first locked spot of the pack. Good stuff.

Wow Wow Wow (scintill) - Ok I really like pretty much everything about this file except the entire first half. It either needs to be cut and start at 140 or a bunch of the sounds you skipped in the first half need to be stepped. Otherwise A+ chart, even if it wasn't really a dump. Still crossing my fingers for a scary halloween show 2 tho.

op is being updated with the files lofty and I are committed to finishing for the pack

lofty rhino 03-14-2017 01:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Rffmq3uFw

swiftwinter 03-14-2017 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4532405)
Love Boat Tracker (swiftwinter) - a) who r u. b) this is really close to getting a straight accepted. Awesome song choice, cool patterns and solid (if a little rough) execution. There are a couple of difficulty spikes I'm concerned about but I need some more time to playtest this to give really detailed feedback on patterns, but with a little refinement this could easily score the first locked spot of the pack. Good stuff.

cool, I knew nobody could resist classic chinese tunes. noticed a very small error that I didn't see before sending though that i'll send a fix to as well as maybe submit 1 more song with it tomorrow if that ok. thanks.

Shxfted 03-14-2017 04:32 AM

hmm