Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 188: Voting Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151097)

YoshL 07-23-2019 02:23 PM

Re: TWG 188: Voting Thread

lmao a stash of probst gifs would be great, along with that vote template lmao

did i miss a twg survivor in the near past

roundbox 07-23-2019 02:40 PM

Yes, yoshl. Raeko and I hosted it. I've still got all the gifs lmao

YoshL 07-23-2019 02:56 PM

fug lmao ive missed too much

r u guys gonna watch survivor idols season? i dont actually like sandra or rob much so idk

T-Force 07-23-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4689418)
i know very little about FE and still wrecked the quiz show tbh lmao

B-brother, how could you??

the sun fan 07-23-2019 03:43 PM

I very much enjoy 12/12 and 36/12

I think FFR can handle it; people send in their night actions much more timely than previously

roundbox 07-23-2019 05:11 PM

https://imgur.com/a/fPJ75DQ

that's a link to the Jeff Probst images I have saved on my hard drive
there are many other gems in the game thread

Funnygurl555 07-23-2019 05:53 PM

charux3

MAD17

Charu 07-23-2019 06:19 PM

Also another note:

If my game gets selected and gets filled up early, I won't be able to do anything with it until August 2nd. I'll actually just be unavailable.

Charu 07-23-2019 06:20 PM

Most I can do is put signups up, but that's it. I'll be stuck with my phone for a week!!!

DaBackpack 07-23-2019 09:04 PM

charu x3 let's go birdy boy

flashflash account 07-23-2019 10:40 PM

I like yoshls game the best but I wonder if it would be possible to not have to do the image thing and simply send votes via pm

Also people are saying champs game is townsided just so y'all know

Charu 07-23-2019 10:49 PM

They say that, yet 10 out of 11 games all ended in a wolf win, lmao.

We shall see if it really is though if this game is pick since we all have established meta and all.

DaBackpack 07-23-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4689546)
They say that, yet 10 out of 11 games all ended in a wolf win, lmao.

We shall see if it really is though if this game is pick since we all have established meta and all.

This is true but it was also qualifiers soooooooooooo

XelNya 07-23-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4689427)
if you mean posting mins, that surprises me
if you mean posting maxes, that also surprises me

what bothers you about them?
EDIT: Like I said, I can do away with them, this is not something that is set in stone

Both of them bother me, at the end of the day it does restrict some form of posting and play style and I have never liked them for that reason.

I just knew all these games had them so I was forced to vote for one that seemed better.

But equally at the end of the day, hosts should be free to choose to add it or not regardless. I can just choose to not vote for it when it comes up.

And usually I try not to, but sometimes I overlook it if I like the game enough.

DaBackpack 07-23-2019 11:55 PM

My question regarding post count limits is: why? Is there some particular reason, specific to this game, why such an enforcement is necessary? Or is it a response to the immense post count of last game?

the sun fan 07-24-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4689551)
My question regarding post count limits is: why? Is there some particular reason, specific to this game, why such an enforcement is necessary? Or is it a response to the immense post count of last game?

just want to try them out
I do think that, if you are hitting that limit, you /are/ posting too much, there is such a thing even though I think that its very hard to do

I love post minimums and I think that there should always be a required minimum amount of effort that a player needs to put in for the benefit of the game and for the benefit of their fellow players

YoshL 07-24-2019 06:28 AM

i think ideally i wish the people who usually maoe like 7 one line posts one after the other basically can take more time and consolidate their thoughts in a post cap environment, and that would inherently at least yalve their normal postcount

MixMasterLar 07-24-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4689557)
i think ideally i wish the people who usually maoe like 7 one line posts one after the other basically can take more time and consolidate their thoughts in a post cap environment, and that would inherently at least yalve their normal postcount

They'll likely just not give as much imput, ie you'll just see them making 3 one one liners instead.

The minimum was a great idea because we had people ghosting entire phases and town was losing games to it (a classic example being a wolf going UTR, but I've seen deep wolves keep low posters around for easier mislynches to). I get winning or losing because of playstyle is a part of the game but not engaging in the game is not a play style.

If you're not going to play, you need to be removed and your sloy cleared so the people who are playing can actually have a game that doesn't have this big question mark floating around because you couldn't be arsed to engage.

_

Now, what's the benefit to a Maximum limit?

I get that sometimes there is a spammer whose spamming it up but normally if they are town they are getting nightkilled because wolves do not want that active of a thread ever, and if they are a wolf then it's just more opportunities for them to get caught. In both cases the problem normally resolves itself through actions in the game and is a part of playing the game with the other players

Which is good, because we signed up to do just that.

I don't see How the game could benefit from a Maximum Post Restriction in most setups---at worst, it's just never been an issue worth dealing with

DaBackpack 07-24-2019 12:52 PM

I would be receptive to post maximum limit in the context of experimentation I think

inDheart 07-24-2019 02:19 PM

i can't believe if we want to break postcount records we'll have to intentionally submit suboptimal actions now this is a joke don't do that thing