Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131209)

smartdude1212 06-2-2014 05:59 PM

Re: Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 4144685)
You weaned yourself off gum so we could hang out?! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!! I didn't realize you had to like actually go out of your way. I feel bad. :c Sorry. :c That's really nice of you though. :'( Like wowwie. :( Thanks for keeping me company when Rob abandoned me for food. (sun) And thanks for putting up with my merch spazzing and me dragging you all around the dealer's room ahhaha. I think I have a picture or two to send to you from the park escapades. AND NO THEY NEVER APPROVED IT AND I'M UPSET. :'( ps: we did get more gold trophies tho. ~_~

No, in general I've stopped chewing gum because it's a moderately-priced habit. I just mentioned it because I know your aversion to the substance. *_*

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4144691)
dat missed chance of WLIIA quote-bouncing. :'( I definitely plan to go next year. I was sick in 2012 and I was sick again this year. Next time I'll stock up on Vitamin C and just refuse to go outside for weeks before the trip. :cool:

And then get a nice sunburn five minutes into the line-up.

Gundam-Dude 06-2-2014 07:52 PM

shoutouts to chris (kommisar) for attending the con for the fifth year in a row. you are one of the biggest reasons why I continue to attend this con from 2008 up until now. additional shoutouts to all your local buddies including serge, chris (scwolf), mathieu, pierre, and jessica. even though I didn't speak to the latter three, I knew who they were at least, if that means anything to you or them, haha. mad disappointed that I didn't get to see and take a picture of your thug ass tomato kigurumi, but at the very least you got that comparison photo of my figurine and I (still waiting for that, son).

shoutouts to james (wineandbread) for finally making the trip here from maryland and meeting you in person. you are handsome as fuck and one of the most swag ass motherfuckers I've ever met. if I didn't already have a gf and was gay, I'd be all over you like a fat kid and a smartie. (disclaimer: no offense to any overweight peeps, just an expression xd). one last shoutout for doing the t-time squats with me—good for health, bad for education, money on my mind, it's my motivation.

shoutouts to josh (layne/lj) for being cookiezi all weekend and flipping my dress up like a billion times while I was playing pop'n. shoutouts to the nanalan poster hunt on sunday and successfully finding it.

shoutouts to jordan (tysonultima) for bringing his meatbania controller for the second year in a row for scratchmania. also for basically starring in like 90% of the videos I recorded over the weekend because of his beautiful singing voice. I really wish you did crossdress this con though so I wouldn't of been the only one doing it rip.

shoutouts to austin (pmon) for buying everything ika and meeting your waifu cosplayed in person.

shoutouts to matt (0) for driving all the way up from ohio to chill all weekend. also for being a true solord. make sure you kidnap drive eron dessar next year.

shoutouts to robert (lurker) for not getting completely shitfaced like last year. if there's anyone I can truly call player hater of the year, it's you my friend.

shoutouts to thai for giving me a ride to the con and partying mad hard all weekend.

shoutouts to christian (nuyaka_jaren) for being the only one other than me to not order a meatatarian from dare to be fresh poutine before we were on our way to the con. also for being a chill ass dude in general.

shoutouts to brandon (wtfbrandon) for being the room leader and driving us around. come grab your nanalan poster off me whenever homeboy.

shoutouts to amy (musicmaster) for the awesome cosplays. I swear if I go into any AN photo album from the official facebook group, I'm bound to find at least a photo of you somewhere for the nonon or lain cosplays lmao.

shoutouts to will (hurley) for also being the room leader (sorry brandon) and giving jordan a kancho. also shoutouts for the amount of swag this guy bought holy shit.

shoutouts to andy (winrar) for carrying the massive box of poutine and also taking a vid of brandon's semi-road rage.

shoutouts to becky for flying over from like the other side of canader and keeping brandon in check all weekend. I didn't talk to you much over the weekend but you gave me the impression that you are just a genuinely nice and friendly person overall if that means anything to you.

shoutouts to kady (trixiepuff) for showing up and also keeping brandon in check. again, same deal with becky where I didn't talk to you much (or at all for that matter), but you seemed like a genuinely nice and friendly person if that means anything to you.

shoutouts to gianmarco (gpop) for running two panels this year: one on diaperheads and one on shipgirls. sorry for not attending either of them though due to shitty timing rip.

shoutouts to richard (condor) for showing up like every year with gianmarco. the times I saw you, you were either playing sound voltex or itg pretty much all weekend, so I don't think we've actually spoken to each other.

shoutouts to vickie for being genuinely nice to me (and to thai that one time during the weekend).

shoutouts to christian (silentoath/dr.ozi) for always attending the con every year. even though you're busy partying with your crew all weekend, it's still incredibly awesome of you to take the time to show up to the meetup on saturday to chill and catchup with old times like we used to have before high school.

shoutouts to stian for flying all the way from scandinavia for the second time. it's always a pleasure to shake hands with a vikingfjord and stepmania overlord. if I ever make a trip to norway (likely to happen sometime in the future), I'll be sure to give you a shout.

shoutouts to luis (samurai) for the mad hard scratchmania file and for attending the con for a third time. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord.

shoutouts to bobby (dynamo) for bumping into you randomly at the dealer's room like twice and for attending for a second year in a row. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord and also a secret solord.

shoutouts to adam (smartdude) for flying across the country to attend the con. and don't worry, my cosplay is a mystery to everyone regardless of whether I told people where it's from :2hipster&obscure:. additional shoutouts for being a d7 overlord. and one more shoutout for your buddy chris (pawn) for being the tallest guy I've ever seen in person.

shoutouts to rob (owa) & maggie (dxoxl) for finally showing up to the con after all these years. I didn't get to talk to you two much, but you're both awesome :cool: additional shoutouts to rob for being a d7 overlord. p.s. rob, if you really want that fanta, I shit you not, I will go out and buy you two cases plus an additional one for finally showing up this year lmfao.

shoutouts to adam (plopadop) for finally being to meet you after missing you completely last year. looking forward to chilling with you longer next year so maybe we can talk about aNiMe and stupid stuff I would find funny because you seem to have a knack for that.

shoutouts to spencer (spenner) for showing up and finally being able to meet another fellow graphic designer from the community. looking forward to chilling with you longer next year so maybe we can talk about ~aRTs~, ~DeSIGN~, and other fun stuff.

shoutouts to pete (danceguy) for cosplaying tsuda from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. also for not getting completely shitfaced like last year.

shoutouts to bridget (ohsosilly) for cosplaying shino from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. we only talked like once over the weekend and it was about the anime lol but it was definitely nice chatting with you.

shoutouts to ally (sky kitten) for helping with the smoke's massive order and being just an incredibly friendly and sweet person to be around.

shoutouts to silvuh for attending the con. we didn't talk at all other than the quick intro to each other, but I can definitely say that more simfile overlords need to show up next year.

shoutouts to alex (megamon) for also attending the con and being a simfile overlord. I never got the chance to compliment you on your music in person, so I'll just write it out here.

shoutouts to mathieu (opkiller) for being a d7 overlord and wrecking stepmania in the rhythm games room.

shoutouts to martin (sanzath) for cosplaying okabe rintarou. don't worry, I don't consider it cosplay theft even if I did it 2 years ago lol. also for giving me the shoutout that my hacking to the gate 6key file is dope.

shoutouts to sven (hateandhatred) for the failed high five hand clap thing I tried to do when I first saw you. also for being a beast and lifting 2 people on top of your shoulders, even if it was for a short amount of time.

shoutouts to felix (marionintendo) for showing up to the con and for just generally being a chill dude to befriend and talk to. hearing your drinking story from jordan makes me wish I was there to see the shenanigans in thai's room lol.

shoutouts to hakulyte for showing up to the con. you were quiet and reserved to yourself all weekend, but your presence at the meetup was more than enough. hoping to see you speak more and converse with you next year if you come.

shoutouts to lito for randomly texting me saturday morning about the meetup. even though we didn't talk at all, it was cool to meet you for the second time. and I still remember your mad dance moves from AN 2011 so part of me wanted to see what you'd bust out this year lol.

shoutouts to rachel (raeko) for showing up almost every year. I only saw you for a brief moment during the group photo, so I didn't get the chance to compliment you on the awesome casual asuka cosplay.

shoutouts to afrobean for showing up for the second time. again, same situation as rachel where I only saw you during the group photo and I still haven't really introduced myself to you lol. maybe next year I'll get the chance to if you go again.

shoutouts to david (coolrun) for completely dodging ffr peeps all weekend LOL. for real though, sick headphones, sick hair, and sick china beard—you look similar to my older brother who sports a similar style, lmao.

shoutouts to thesunfan for showing up. I don't think I actually spoke to you all weekend, but I definitely knew who you were if that means anything to you (I'm great at attaching names and usernames to faces and remembering them). maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to arcnmx for showing up. again, same deal as the above where I don't think I actually spoke to you all weekend, but at the very least I knew who you were. maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to andrew (coveyduck) for showing up. once again, same deal as the above two peeps. maybe we'll have a proper introduction next year if you show up again.

shoutouts to linky123456 for the manly jinx cosplay and the random ass selfie with kommi.

shoutouts to kaneh for working at AN every fucking year but finally being able to track this guy down and meet him in person. he's submitted to like every ffr seasonal pack I did and has done a lot for OD, so big ups and respect. I will be sure to hunt you down next year again too.

shoutouts to sarah (zeldagurlfan) for being overly hyper, high, and happy (exponential difference compared to the previous year, lmao).

shoutouts to anyone else I might've left out because I either didn't see you at all for whatever reason on saturday, most likely due to me leaving with jordan, andy, brandon, and austin to grab the poutine order after the group photo.

TrixiePuff 06-2-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4144750)
shoutouts to kady (trixiepuff) for showing up and also keeping brandon in check. again, same deal with becky where I didn't talk to you much (or at all for that matter), but you seemed like a genuinely nice and friendly person if that means anything to you.

Awww =3 That does mean a lot thank you. And there's always next year to make up for it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4144691)
dat missed chance of WLIIA quote-bouncing. :'( I definitely plan to go next year. I was sick in 2012 and I was sick again this year. Next time I'll stock up on Vitamin C and just refuse to go outside for weeks before the trip. :cool:

I'm telling you. I'm going to make someone over there shove you in a plastic bubble a month before the con.

samurai7694 06-2-2014 08:08 PM

If I can still eat and drink in the plastic bubble then sure

Tyson ultima 06-2-2014 08:18 PM

Meanwhile on the sideways Ferris Wheel.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"That's not multiple people screaming that's just Jordan." -Andy

TrixiePuff 06-2-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson ultima (Post 4144760)
Meanwhile on the sideways Ferris Wheel.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"That's not multiple people screaming that's just Jordan." -Andy

Ahahaha that was great. We were all watching for every time you came around so we could see the look on your face.
Still proud of you for braving the wild beast :) We shall do it again next year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4144758)
If I can still eat and drink in the plastic bubble then sure

Of course. I can't starve you to death before the con.

Tyson ultima 06-2-2014 09:14 PM

Ill make sure not to eat!

TrixiePuff 06-2-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson ultima (Post 4144804)
Ill make sure not to eat!

Haha, yeah probably a good idea.

ohsosilly 06-2-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4144750)
shoutouts to bridget (ohsosilly) for cosplaying shino from seitokai yakuindomo aka penis jokes the anime. we only talked like once over the weekend and it was about the anime lol but it was definitely nice chatting with you.

They should really just rename the anime to that, hahaha ;P was awesome to talk to you too!!

kommisar 06-3-2014 06:59 AM

nigapat :')