Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   R^2 problem: (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125666)

Xiz 09-2-2012 01:40 AM

R^2 problem:

SORRY NOT R^2 Lol herp-derp-derp

But yeah, I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

So I am trying to do the standalone thing
Even with default settings like so:

This happens:

Then this:

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
I am on mac
^ chances are thats it lol

I have tried emptying cache...
Restarting computer...
etc etc etc...

Any suggestions? Thx <3

Wayward Vagabond 09-2-2012 01:41 AM

Re: R^2 problem:

try unplugging it and plugging it in again

rushyrulz 09-2-2012 01:43 AM

This is velocity engine, not R^2, as for your problem I don't know.

justin_ator 09-2-2012 01:43 AM

Well that engine is the Beta engine (aka Velocity engine), not R^2.

This is R^2.

In terms of what is going on in the screenshots, have you checked to make sure there is no space before or after the 0 in the offset box, or other boxes like that? Change the 1 in the speedmod box to 1.0 as well.

Xiz 09-2-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3760330)
Well that engine is the Beta engine (aka Velocity engine), not R^2.

This is R^2.

In terms of what is going on in the screenshots, have you checked to make sure there is no space before or after the 0 in the offset box, or other boxes like that? Change the 1 in the speedmod box to 1.0 as well.

Yeah, sorry not R^2 i just derp'd there hardcore.

And Yeah, checked that. Nothing. That's loading it with 100% default settings.

justin_ator 09-2-2012 01:47 AM

Aside from making sure of those two things, I'm not really sure what else to tell you. Good luck, maybe someone else will know what to do.

Velocity 09-2-2012 02:00 AM

This seems to be a song loading issue, try clearing cache.

Xiz 09-2-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3760352)
This seems to be a song loading issue, try clearing cache.

I have cleared my cache, and tried again just now. Cleared it all the way back since the beginning of time. Same issue.

justin_ator 09-2-2012 02:20 AM

If you're playing on standalone on a mac, what cache do you clear, Velo? On a pc you have to clear IE's cache since that's where the info is stored through for standalone. How does that work with Macs? That might be part of the reason, is it could be a different temp file location?

Velocity 09-2-2012 02:28 AM

I don't have a Mac, so I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot this, lol

cedolad 09-2-2012 02:31 AM

Try clearing your cache manually. Or, what do you use to log-in for the engine? If you're logging in using the engine I believe you'll get that error regardless. Try logging in on Safari, clear your cache there, and manually just to be safe. I can't really troubleshoot this either.

Xiz 09-2-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3760372)
If you're playing on standalone on a mac, what cache do you clear, Velo? On a pc you have to clear IE's cache since that's where the info is stored through for standalone. How does that work with Macs? That might be part of the reason, is it could be a different temp file location?

I clear all cache. Every bit of it. And I thought Safari is like Window's IE. So I attempted to clear the cache there, however no luck. I tried searching for it manually, don't have a find yet but I'll keep searching if there is another temp location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3760378)
Try clearing your cache manually. Or, what do you use to log-in for the engine? If you're logging in using the engine I believe you'll get that error regardless. Try logging in on Safari, clear your cache there, and manually just to be safe. I can't really troubleshoot this either.

I use my FFR username / password to get in. It works perfectly fine, shows all my FC / AAA and whatnot. And yeah, as said above I also thought that trying it in Safari would do it. However, no luck.

Yeah, sorry Mac's kinda mess things up. I'm gonna search for where that 'temp' folder might be thats still holding onto the cache.

cedolad 09-2-2012 02:41 AM

Just curious, are you running this in Wine?

Xiz 09-2-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3760394)
Just curious, are you running this in Wine?

Nope, don't have it. I have been running this via mac.

However, I do have parallels installed on my computer. (could this be a lead to something perhaps?)

Then again, parallels is not turned on at all when I use it.

cedolad 09-2-2012 02:46 AM

I highly doubt it. I don't know what to tell you besides to try and find the temp folder for your cache and try deleting whats in that. Good luck!

popsicle_3000 09-2-2012 06:53 AM

velo standalone doesn't work for mac. It used to up till about this time last year i believe (or so kmay tells me). R^2 and legacy work however.
if you want to use velo, you'll have to stick to in-browser (zyphoror uses this I think)

Xiz 09-2-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3760505)
velo standalone doesn't work for mac. It used to up till about this time last year i believe (or so kmay tells me). R^2 and legacy work however.
if you want to use velo, you'll have to stick to in-browser (zyphoror uses this I think)

Yeah, I tried to load other standalones and it works perfectly. So its just the one I want. QQ. So for now (until there is a way for it to be fixed) i will stick with some of the other ones.

Thanks all.

popsicle_3000 09-2-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 3760703)
Yeah, I tried to load other standalones and it works perfectly. So its just the one I want. QQ. So for now (until there is a way for it to be fixed) i will stick with some of the other ones.

Thanks all.

when i wanted to play velo before r^2 came out, i just ran boot camp. not ideal always loading up xp, but it worked at least