Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hey FFR. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146397)

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 06:38 PM

Hey FFR.

I stopped coming to ffr when ffya was giving me a more condensed dose of the community that I loved. When ffya kind of collapsed like a flan in a cupboard when we all realized we're like 30 and have careers and families, I followed suit and worked hard to become a teacher, which is what I had been working towards since 2009. Getting the coursework done was easy enough since I took advantage of cheap community college and local state schools. But when I started taking long term sub jobs I realized to get by I had to take on a second job tutoring in an after school program. Then I realized I needed a third job working at a tutoring center just to get by. So for a while I was working something like 12 hours a day Monday-Friday and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I took my lumps in the sub teaching world. Getting set up as a fall guy by a district that was being monitored by the state. Being threatened by parents for snitching on a 15-year-old 7th grader trying to sell pot in my classroom. Getting assaulted by a 20-year-old senior in a rough school for having the audacity to ask him to return items he stole from me. Watching my pay get cut by 60% from one year to the next when the district went from hiring their long term subs directly to using a staffing company. But after a lot of struggling I made it into a full time teaching gig in January, 2015. I'm still there and working my way towards tenure, which should be mine around the start of the 2018-2019 school year. This year is probably the first since I started teaching that I can say I feel comfortable in how I go about my job. This is evidenced by even having the free time to post a thread on ffr.

This community really has meant the world to me. I have made and met about as many close friends in this community as I have outside of this community. I was so happy to be able to help the place out by taking care of profiles and forums for a while. And it killed me to not have this group to console, cheer on, and harass me that I got so used to for so long. So now I'm this 32-year-old math teacher and some of my most important relationships still originate on this silly website. Thanks for still being here.

choof 01-5-2017 06:42 PM

Re: Hey FFR.

swack

MarioNintendo 01-5-2017 06:50 PM

<3

evanescence_death4ever 01-5-2017 07:18 PM

Despite never having talked to you~
It's awesome to see others who've found such value in what this site has offered--friendships, etc.

<3

devonin 01-5-2017 07:26 PM

Love you chazzy.

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 07:40 PM

Love you too sweetums

lord_carbo 01-5-2017 08:03 PM

I've known so many of you for like half of my life. Oh my god.

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lord_carbo (Post 4508380)
I've known so many of you for like half of my life. Oh my god.

Seriously. I spent about the entirety of my 20's socializing with people from this community.

MarcusHawkins 01-5-2017 08:13 PM

OMG, according to FFR, you have the same birthday as me! Is that true?!

Spenner 01-5-2017 08:14 PM

Been missing the Chaz, welcome back. Congrats on your progression in the teachery field. I would not have made it :mrgreen:

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4508385)
OMG, according to FFR, you have the same birthday as me! Is that true?!

12/9/84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4508386)
Been missing the Chaz, welcome back. Congrats on your progression in the teachery field. I would not have made it :mrgreen:

Thanks, man. I'm just glad there are some names I recognize and it's not just a new batch of 14-year-olds. I don't think I'd want to make new friends with kiddos younger than my students.

MarcusHawkins 01-5-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 4508390)
12/9/84

HECK YEA! Mine's 12/9/99 ! :D

Thank you so much for coming back to drop by and give a really nice hello! I remember when you were super cool with all of these sounds and visual effects in the Profile Chat!! I bet you still are haha!

And congrats on your accomplishments to become a math teacher, and I bet a fairly good one at that haha! :D

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4508392)
HECK YEA! Mine's 12/9/99 ! :D

Thank you so much for coming back to drop by and give a really nice hello! I remember when you were super cool with all of these sounds and visual effects in the Profile Chat!! I bet you still are haha!

And congrats on your accomplishments to become a math teacher, and I bet a fairly good one at that haha! :D

Ha, well I don't get to play in prochat anymore. I'm retired from staff.

And how dare you intimate that I was ever "super cool." >8( lol

Shikari 01-5-2017 08:44 PM

Great story and great development, Mr. Chaz, hope it doesn't stop there. :)

rayword45 01-5-2017 08:47 PM

I applaud you for your dedication to your community in your work. I was like, a fucking baby during this site's era of not-deadness (when the now-30 year olds were in college).

I've been on this website half my life but I've only been posting on these boards for like, a third.

andy-o24 01-5-2017 08:51 PM

Supreme dictator returns! Grats dude. Always good to hear the success stories of people from this community. :)

-o24

evanescence_death4ever 01-5-2017 08:59 PM

Wait, Marcus mentioned prochat stuff, was that you dropping bombs and with the bucket walrus?

Wow I miss active days of prochat ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

badman7772 01-5-2017 09:06 PM

i missed the group skype calls bruh idk if you remember that shiz

All_That_Chaz 01-5-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever (Post 4508405)
Wait, Marcus mentioned prochat stuff, was that you dropping bombs and with the bucket walrus?

Wow I miss active days of prochat ☆

☆ ☆ ☆

I was one of a few people that probably had a little too much fun with those prochat toys.
Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 4508408)
i missed the group skype calls bruh idk if you remember that shiz

I was in a couple skype groups. Y'all should get a discord group going for ffr people. ffya did, and it's why I felt like reconnecting with the motherland.

evanescence_death4ever 01-5-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 4508409)
I was one of a few people that probably had a little too much fun with those prochat toys.

I was in a couple skype groups. Y'all should get a discord group going for ffr people. ffya did, and it's why I felt like reconnecting with the motherland.

Those prochat toys were GOLDEN.

There's an ffr discord server :)