Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

jimerax 01-23-2011 12:24 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Also from this time, files submitted when the batch is closed will be ignored (except for the fixes of queue'd files).

qqwref 01-23-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3402649)
10 files/week, which is obviously too much.

Why, though? If we can get 10 solid, good files every week, what's wrong with releasing them at that rate? You could do 5 on monday and 5 on friday, or 2 every weekday, or something like that. I don't think the more serious players would mind. And if uploading is too much of a hassle have someone code an easier uploader.

jimerax 01-23-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3402692)
Speaking of events, do we have enough easy files for an event to pump a bunch of easy files into the game? Sort of like the beginner skill token event, except they're just released as public files.

That will happen as a special batch when needed, we consider these 3 ones as of now.

[Easy files (difficulty 1-5) special batch], [FGO/FSO files special batch], [Special batch of new song artists ].

OneHandNow 01-23-2011 12:32 AM

10 files/week = too much

or actually..

it's rather unpractical & impossible to keep at a steady pace

we are not here to pump random files into the game

we are here to put QUALITY FILES into the game

remember here quality > quantity -.-

TC_Halogen 01-23-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3402706)
That will happen as a special batch when needed, we consider these 3 ones as of now.

[Easy files (difficulty 1-5) special batch], [FGO/FSO files special batch], [Special batch of new song artists ].

MOST URGENT...we have so many artists who have no songs in game...

nois-or-e 01-23-2011 12:35 AM

Just over a week to go. . . Anyone else nervous? I have a good feeling about my chances in this batch ;D

qqwref 01-23-2011 12:35 AM

Of course we want quality, that's why we have judges. But if there are 30 quality files in a batch (perhaps needing minor changes, but that's what conditional queue is good for) I don't see the point of discarding 10 of them just so we can not have too many files in queue.

Elite Ninja 01-23-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3402710)
Just over a week to go. . . Anyone else nervous? I have a good feeling about my chances in this batch ;D

same.... I badly want to hear how my files are so I can either improve them or enjoy the fact that I got one in game for once :D

Plan_Bsk81127 01-23-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3402712)
same.... I badly want to hear how my files are so I can either improve them or enjoy the fact that I got one in game for once :D

This is you first time submitting to FFR, why are you making it sound like you have been trying for awhile....

Elite Ninja 01-23-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3402715)
This is you first time submitting to FFR, why are you making it sound like you have been trying for awhile....

This just goes to show how long this wait feels to me XD.

MarioNintendo 01-23-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3402711)
Of course we want quality, that's why we have judges. But if there are 30 quality files in a batch (perhaps needing minor changes, but that's what conditional queue is good for) I don't see the point of discarding 10 of them just so we can not have too many files in queue.

Agreed, especially if you combine it with AJ's post saying new artists are urgent to be stepped.

who_cares973 01-23-2011 01:21 AM

IVE BEEN SAYING WE NEED A NEW ARTIST SPECIAL BATCH FOR ****INGGGGGGGGGGGGGG EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TC_Halogen 01-23-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3402732)
IVE BEEN SAYING WE NEED A NEW ARTIST SPECIAL BATCH FOR ****INGGGGGGGGGGGGGG EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I've been ALL for this for a LONG time but it hasn't happened yet. There are so many artists that haven't been used before and it's a shame because some of these artists were ones that were excited to have their music be a part of a game this large.

Elite Ninja 01-23-2011 01:25 AM

Both of the artists I stepped were new ones :D

bmah 01-23-2011 04:15 AM

wow guys, just hold your pants for a while will ya

justin_ator 01-23-2011 12:56 PM

This thread makes me laugh because everyone is either saying hurry up I can't wait, or shut up and sit there until the time comes. =]

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3402711)

I would agree, I don't see the point of tossing good files just because we don't want a build-up. If they build up too much, do a major release or some sort of event to help flush out the queue, otherwise, why can't some sit for a little bit? I would personally say that (though I don't) if I had a file that I was hoping would get in, I'd rather have it sit in the queue for three weeks with a promise it's going in than having it tossed on basis of only the absolute best getting saved so that they don't stack up. I'm not at all supporting letting pitiful files into FFR, but if we have quality files (especially lower difficulty ones) that may not be perfect and exciting beyond all reason but are still stepped in a correct and reasonable manner, why not queue them anyway? FFR has always boasted one of the widest ranges of music on a rhythm game that I have seen online, and if it grows fast, it grows fast.

If they get too built up, perhaps it's time for a fun event? I'd be curious what kind of events could be created to release songs. Bet we'd get creative if there was a massive build-up of files. Haha.

Elite Ninja 01-23-2011 01:21 PM

massive amount of files needing to be released = next FFR Official Tournament XD.

I think in the 4th Official Tournament they did the same thing. Each round each division got a new song that no one publicly had ever played before and it was fun :D

justin_ator 01-23-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3402936)
I think in the 4th Official Tournament they did the same thing. Each round each division got a new song that no one publicly had ever played before and it was fun :D

Even if they did a new release for something like the last two rounds, I think that would be cool. Aside from tournaments and 'hey we're bored here's twenty cool files', I bet there are more things we could do for releases. Contests and whatnot, events, etc. Something like new song releases where you have to pass one to get the next and so on and so forth, but not truly have them be tokens (I doubt that that is even possible, but you get my point I hope). This site always has something interesting happening, and I don't see any reason why 'something interesting' can't consist of new song releases. It makes my day when I get on and see that there is a new random release I wasn't expecting. I look forward to holidays for the same reason.

iironiic 01-23-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 3402936)
massive amount of files needing to be released = next FFR Official Tournament XD.

A FFR Official Tournament won't happen in the future due to people complaining about everything and people sandbagging their way through the top. Just not worth dealing with.

EDIT: When is the deadline for this batch's reviews?

TC_Halogen 01-23-2011 01:36 PM

January 31st.