Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   revise the skill token unlock texts (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137991)

XCV 07-7-2014 06:37 PM

revise the skill token unlock texts

While we're revamping things, these could benefit from a rework; specifically, to make them self-consistent. Ideally, the requirements would read "[FC/AAA/BF/whatever] on this song," adapted as necessary for tokens applying to a sequence or group of songs, and nothing else. In addition, some of these are out of date (song titles, referencing avmisses, etc.) and there are dozens of tiny grammar things (periods, capitals, etc.) that are easy fixes.

For example, following the convention set by most of the newer tokens, sans the "to unlock such-and-such" bit since the name of the token is right above it,

"Must get a BlackFlag (1 good FC) on 'Life Goes On' to unlock Manhattan Sapphire." --> "Get a blackflag on 'Life Goes On.'"
"Get at least 2 average-misses on "Improvisation et Chien" while keeping your averages, boos, and misses all the same number and pass it to unlock Frozen Bond." --> "Pass 'Improvisation et Chien' with the same number (at least 2) of averages, misses, and boos."

The table itself could also benefit from getting upgraded into an actual, sortable table, much like the levelranks page and many of the other tables around the site. Also, I imagine that the actual text that shows up in-game could benefit from this as well, although we should probably keep the one for Oni just because.

If you have any other ideas or criticisms, please feel free to voice them.

TC_Halogen 07-8-2014 12:32 PM

Re: revise the skill token unlock texts

I do agree that the skill token descriptions can be improved; however, we cannot be super-concise in the details in the case of casual players, who might not understand the terminology "blackflag" or "FC" (etc).

yo man im awesome 07-8-2014 01:23 PM

Nanairopanda's is the only one I really feel needs to be changed.

"Miss every yellow note and hit every other note on "Nanairopanda" and have no more than 5 goods or 5 boos and 0 averages (and pass) to unlock Nanairopanda v2."

It took me until a couple months ago (or whenever it was that i unlocked it), to realize that this didn't mean to hit every other note (i.e. hit, miss, hit, miss), WHILE missing every yellow note.

Idk if that was just me, but that had me stumped for a long time due to misinterpretation.

YoshL 07-8-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 4161944)
Nanairopanda's is the only one I really feel needs to be changed.

"Miss every yellow note and hit every other note on "Nanairopanda" and have no more than 5 goods or 5 boos and 0 averages (and pass) to unlock Nanairopanda v2."

It took me until a couple months ago (or whenever it was that i unlocked it), to realize that this didn't mean to hit every other note (i.e. hit, miss, hit, miss), WHILE missing every yellow note.

Idk if that was just me, but that had me stumped for a long time due to misinterpretation.

what the

this is the most strange misinterpretation that i've ever seen lmfao

Herogashix 07-8-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

I... what?

Guest15937 07-8-2014 03:29 PM

I didn't think YMIA's interpretation was possible as a pass

yo man im awesome 07-8-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest15937 (Post 4162005)

I'm pretty sure it isn't, lmao

is it really that hard to see this lol? aaaaaa

XelNya 07-8-2014 04:22 PM

I think we also need to sort them better.

Rip out the achievement-like tokens from the forum tokens, rip out AntiPA from the true skill tokens, and so forth.

andy-o24 07-8-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah. That's how I read it.

This is a good suggestion. +1
And descriptions like for Battle Axe. "ESC" instead of "esc (super version)" A lot of little things, mainly.

-o24

XCV 07-8-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4161917)
I do agree that the skill token descriptions can be improved; however, we cannot be super-concise in the details in the case of casual players, who might not understand the terminology "blackflag" or "FC" (etc).

I agree, but it wouldn't be that hard to either link to Rushy's guide or (more conveniently for everyone) add an abridged version above the list.

SC_coolguy44 07-8-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4162048)
I think we also need to sort them better.

Rip out the achievement-like tokens from the forum tokens, rip out AntiPA from the true skill tokens, and so forth.

I think the achievement tokens can stay as long as the requirements are attainable but I do agree with you with the anti-skill tokens, rip those out and don't add any more back in.

Gradiant 07-8-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 (Post 4162126)
but I do agree with you with the anti-skill tokens, rip those out and don't add any more back in.

no

TC_Halogen 07-8-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest15937 (Post 4162005)

you know, that's a really good point... Kevin, what the hell were you doing to survive missing the yellow notes AND every other note? Show me your ways, haha

yo man im awesome 07-8-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4162181)
you know, that's a really good point... Kevin, what the hell were you doing to survive missing the yellow notes AND every other note? Show me your ways, haha

That's the thing, I wasn't doing it. I was just trying and failing, under the belief I was doing something wrong and that there was an actual way to pass it LOL.

Anti-skill does not go well with me lmao