Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Social Media Drama (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145573)

top 09-24-2016 11:16 PM

Social Media Drama

What are your takes on it? Do you actively pursue this stuff as a hobby?
Perhaps you enjoy certain videos or tweets or posts from certain creators and then just so happen to get drawn into the dram.
Do you go balls to the walls and spend your day amidst it all, even becoming part of it?

Id like to see your takes on it. Personally I can't stand all of the hate that flies around. In my opinion it only serves to waste time that could be better spent making more entertaining content. However, some people LOVE that shit and it's the best form of entertainment for them.
Sup?

tosh 09-24-2016 11:27 PM

Re: Social Media Drama

Social media drama is a good spectator sport.

devonin 09-24-2016 11:28 PM

I was once paid through Fiverr to create an account on a forum and troll the crap out of a guy. Fun times.

top 09-24-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4477625)

For somebody like us, definitely.

I wonder how the big money makers think? (Like a YouTube celeb) I don't know if I could bring myself to do it.. it would make me feel dirty

MarcusHawkins 09-24-2016 11:37 PM

It does kinda disgust me and it makes me smh to see it happen. Most of the time, they create this kind of drama on the littlest things that will ultimately gain them little to no purpose in their lives.

However, sometimes it does also amuse me and make me laugh, and it makes me wonder just how far this will go, in at which point it gets kinda hard to ignore.

Either way, I don't really participate in it in any involvement-based manners, with the only exception being that it's for the intent of ending the drama, rather than sparking it further or longer.

Side note: Writing this as I go to bed.

_Zenith_ 09-24-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4477625)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

XelNya 09-25-2016 02:16 AM

Social media drama is stupid, but entertaining. Except when it's not drama.

Take idubbbztv making fun of leafy. It's not drama it's a comedy video parodying leafy. But yet it was called "exposing" by some. It's fuckin' dumb.

gold stinger 09-25-2016 02:52 AM

Hey what's up guys it's Scarce here and today we have a BUNCH of news that went down this morning

XelNya 09-25-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4477681)
Hey what's up guys it's Scarce here and today we have a BUNCH of news that went down this morning

It's weird. I see like TMZ, and think it's stupid. I listen to a Scarce video and it's like "ok who is dating who is dumb idgaf, but when like someone calls someone out, I wanna know." Kinda stuff.

Dinglesberry 09-25-2016 08:20 AM

StepmaniaDramaAlert when? This game has enough drama in it for me to not need to bother with social media

what is up stepmania nation im your host killer keemstar lets get right into the news our first story is about this no namer, he comes out of nowhere and posts fake scores..

EDIT: LOL sorry i just read the thread bout him, it says dont mention him but LOOL he's gettin exiled boyz gG

top 09-25-2016 10:30 AM

Yeah as far as YouTubers calling each other out I think what really propels the hate wagon are the fans. They'll pick and choose a side and it's a massive comment war about some really silly stuff.
The YouTubers know it too, those are LITRALEE their armies and I think they just enjoy seeing that shit go down.

Spenner 09-25-2016 10:48 AM

Drama is just one of many pleasures of the internet circus.

top 09-25-2016 11:09 AM

Is it really a pleasure though? It only serves to bring out the worst in people

Spenner 09-25-2016 11:50 AM

It just brings back memories of the days I used to be indulged in it myself, seeing internet babbys grow up and realize they need to dodge the whole taking things personally thing, which can blow up quickly. I guess the pleasure is the same one might have seeing someone go through a rite of passage when they are finally starting to become a man.

gold stinger 09-27-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top (Post 4477751)
Is it really a pleasure though? It only serves to bring out the worst in people

Schadenfreude is a thing. Pleasure derived from the misfortune of others.

Laughing at & enjoying drama as an entertainment standard is somewhat the same as being subscribed to FailArmy on YouTube, or enjoying 10 year old minecrafters lose their shit over a microphone. It is definitely a guilty pleasure of sorts.

MinaciousGrace 09-27-2016 06:30 PM

i wonder if shakespeare knew how right he would eventually become

top 09-27-2016 11:09 PM

Shakespeare was right then and is right now
The world hasn't really changed that much. People are still pretty much the same at the core. So when people say, "these days" I think, "but that's how it's always been.."

DaBackpack 09-28-2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4477676)
Social media drama is stupid, but entertaining. Except when it's not drama.

Take idubbbztv making fun of leafy. It's not drama it's a comedy video parodying leafy. But yet it was called "exposing" by some. It's fuckin' dumb.

I'd call the edups video more of an ass-blasting than a parody

_Zenith_ 09-28-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top (Post 4478366)
Shakespeare was right then and is right now
The world hasn't really changed that much. People are still pretty much the same at the core. So when people say, "these days" I think, "but that's how it's always been.."

Humans

choof 09-28-2016 02:42 AM

not even a spectator sport
just bullshit that i want no part in