Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   lonely (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149456)

komochii 07-22-2018 05:05 PM

lonely

being lonely sucks

komochii 07-22-2018 05:16 PM

Re: lonely

idk the point of this thread but I have no energy to go out of my way to socialize or talk to people and even if I did i'd still feel empty

Funnygurl555 07-22-2018 05:37 PM

i'd say sorry but that's prolly not helpful at all and not what you want to hear

i'm super socially inept but the people i have meaningful interactions with are those who have the same interests as me. it might help to get closer to the people with similar interests as you if that's not something you're already doing.

edit: i just wanna emphasize im super socially awkward as anyone who's met me irl knows lmao

ShadoWolfe 07-22-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4635374)
and even if I did i'd still feel empty

Sometimes talking to people makes a world of difference. Sometimes telling ourselves we don't like people is just a way to give ourselves excuses for not getting up and getting out.

Idk your situation, but school and work both give opportunities to meet people. If you're not doing either, then check out the local library for cool events and clubs. Search online for local things that catch your interest. Pick up a new hobby and you'll inevitably meet people along the way.

It's crazy how many ways we stop ourselves from getting out and doing stuff. I promise you, if you really go for it, your energy won't feel as drained all the time and life will be more interesting. The first step is really all up to you, though. You have to commit to throw out using energy or emptiness as reasons to not try. Find that group / club / event and force yourself to talk to people and the rest will be easy if you keep at it. Good luck!

Sanjixcon 07-22-2018 05:53 PM

i actually enjoy being lonely most of the time.
it's more relaxing to me.
you can sing badly to music.
you can sit around naked.
you can laugh at stuff you know other people wouldnt think is funny.
idk man i don't think its that bad.
all u really need is like 1 decent friend irl and ur good to go.

edit:yo my bad guys i meant to say i enjoy being alone, not lonely.

ShadoWolfe 07-22-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4635385)

+1
Being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely.

komochii 07-22-2018 05:59 PM

my situation prevents me from going out there and doing stuff / finding enjoyment in doing random things unfortunately, I'm trying my best to improve that by actually making an effort to eat and walk around etc even but even doing that with no support is pretty mind numbing lol...

ShadoWolfe 07-22-2018 06:05 PM

Ooh! Eating is super important and so easy to neglect when low-energy. Good on you for staying on top of it!

Funnygurl555 07-22-2018 06:07 PM

sorry if this is too personal but what's your situation?

komochii 07-22-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4635395)
sorry if this is too personal but what's your situation?

uh, i guess to make a long story short, years of untreated/unnoticed depression + anxiety basically led to me like, neglecting eating/my health, I'd usually go for days without eating etc, to the point where I got extremely malnourished and my joints and muscles basically degraded to where they are now, constantly burning and cracking when I exert too much pressure on them

if you mean like, living situation, i'd admit at the moment I have nothing but free time, sorta taking a break from things lolz, which I basically try to dedicate entirely to eating and going for walks, for like 2 and a half months I've been eating as much protein as I can and taking like, multivitamins, vitamin d, magnesium etc

i've been to a few doctors and they all just say its normal that your neck and back and shoulders crack constantly and its just genetics lolz, I'm seeing a nutritionist and stuff so maybe it'll take longer but i'm losing hope after 2 months lol tbh

komochii 07-22-2018 06:16 PM

meh it probably is too personal, lol ffr, i dont really care anymore though at least i can say this somewhere lol

Spenner 07-22-2018 06:33 PM

Being lonely does suck. I think you really have to recalculate this depressive trigger in such a way that you are able to reach towards a goal. Have a goal where you expose yourself to things outside of your comfort zone, like saying things when you normally would hold back and overthink it.

I've only recently started seeing ways I can exercise my brain in order to improve my ability to be around people. It still has a long way to go, but putting in the work really helps.

It sucks you have to be aimless right now. Routine is important. That freedom to do nothing and to be isolated is taking you further away from being able to solve your loneliness.

Try to study what parts of your mind are directly adding stress and pain to your life. Things that need quieting. They may not get rid of every kind of pain you are feeling, but your attention to the pain can be rearranged to not prioritize immediate focus. It takes practice, physically lifting your mind from certain things it is latched to, and forcing it to focus differently. But after awhile, it becomes muscle memory.

My attention span sux, idk what I wrote but I'll keep it

choof 07-22-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4635385)
i actually enjoy being lonely most of the time.
it's more relaxing to me.
you can sing badly to music.
you can sit around naked.
you can laugh at stuff you know other people wouldnt think is funny.
idk man i don't think its that bad.

being alone != feeling loneliness

Funnygurl555 07-22-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4635399)
meh it probably is too personal, lol ffr, i dont really care anymore though at least i can say this somewhere lol

i think it's fine

depression and anxiety suck though. im glad you're doing things to improve your health :)

Mahou 07-22-2018 10:47 PM

Idk how old you are but if you’re over 18

You kind of have to be open minded about doing new things - even if it’s small. If you keep doing the same thing every day, it kind of gives life less meaning.

choof 07-22-2018 10:59 PM

good thing life has no meaning, allowing you to inject as much or as little personal meaning as you'd like

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-23-2018 12:12 AM

i'm lonely too :(

i hope you feel better soon and find at least one friend

Staiain 07-23-2018 01:27 AM

Feeling lonely sucks

FirstMaple8 07-23-2018 01:53 AM

all i really had to do was make an attempt to SEE people irl. Talking on the internet is nowhere near the same thing to hanging out in the real world.

Moria 07-23-2018 02:58 PM

When it's late at night, turn off all the lights and watch a scary movie. You won't feel so alone.