Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Legacy FFR MP tourney! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123947)

TC_Halogen 05-29-2012 07:44 PM

Re: Legacy FFR MP tourney!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3700762)
I like the choice of site for the brackets. Same site I used for the chess tourn a little while back ;D

//hype

I've been using Challonge since late 2009, haha. It's a really nice site.

nois-or-e 05-29-2012 07:47 PM

Great interface, easy to use, couldn't agree more ;D Plus the losers bracket for double eliminations keeps hope alive for us scrubs~

psychoangel691 05-29-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3700763)
Divisions look pretty solid.

Kinda confused onto why wc is in d3 though, but other than that, looks good!

D3 isn't really the normal d3 since we didn't really have too many solid D1 players the divisions are a little different than the norm. If you compare his stats to others in that division they're similar.

who_cares973 05-29-2012 08:16 PM

the matches should be posted 1-2 days in advance so people know what time they'll be playing and are able to ask for a change in time or clear their schedule to be able to play. i for example might not be able to play before 12pm pst on saturday because i work from 5-11 that morning

psychoangel691 05-29-2012 09:09 PM

You guys can check out the brackets here

D6
D5
D4
D3
D2
D1

TC_mistrisofevl 05-29-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3700761)
For the sake of organization between the helpers and for Kayla, I'm going to assume that she's going to say that you should use the name that you signed up with.

EDIT: although, if you mention the name of the alternate account that you will be using, I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

I'll be using oZown for the sake of my MP level, with Kayla's approval of course, since I'm in D5 with people far superior to me.

justin_ator 05-29-2012 11:05 PM

sck, bring it Icyyyyy

megamon88 05-29-2012 11:13 PM

I'm assuming the matches are best of 3. Are you going to be choosing the songs, or will the competitors take turns picking for song 1 and 2 with you choosing the tiebreaker? (or is it completely different and I'm just being stupid)

psychoangel691 05-29-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3700867)
I'm assuming the matches are best of 3. Are you going to be choosing the songs, or will the competitors take turns picking for song 1 and 2 with you choosing the tiebreaker? (or is it completely different and I'm just being stupid)

Ooops, I had this in the OP but it got removed when I put AJ's example up. Each person will take a turn picking a song on one another, in the event of a tiebreaker my helper that's in that room will pick a song for you guys to settle the tie. (This was one of the reasons for needing volunteers, each division will be running in their own rooms at the same time.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_mistrisofevl (Post 3700853)
I'll be using oZown for the sake of my MP level, with Kayla's approval of course, since I'm in D5 with people far superior to me.

I kinda figured as much when AJ mentioned that you made a post about alts. That's fine, and as per your placement you were a tough one and I did mull it over for a while. But with 9 FMO's AAA'd I couldn't comfortably put you in D4.

Edit: Oh and I should mention the order will go A, B, C, D, etc. There's going to be a mp room for each division once one pair finishes their runs the next will go.

Jake Ferguson 05-29-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3700881)
Each person will take a turn picking a song on one another, in the event of a tiebreaker my helper that's in that room will pick a song for you guys to settle the tie.

Will there be a set range of difficulty / a list of songs each division can choose from or is any song fair game?

psychoangel691 05-29-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson (Post 3700884)
Will there be a set range of difficulty / a list of songs each division can choose from or is any song fair game?

Well anything that is a token, skill token, purchased or secret song, you'd have to make sure your opponent has it in order to use it. Otherwise it's pretty much fair game. I'm of course going to ask my volunteers to be reasonable with their picks because obviously if they're working the D1 room I don't want them picking death piano for a tiebreaker.

Evascythe 05-30-2012 12:35 AM

oh shit this starts on saturday
hype!

RadiantVibe 05-30-2012 09:30 AM

It looks like my plans have changed and I wont be able to participate in this one.
I'm out.~

TC_mistrisofevl 05-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3700881)
I kinda figured as much when AJ mentioned that you made a post about alts. That's fine, and as per your placement you were a tough one and I did mull it over for a while. But with 9 FMO's AAA'd I couldn't comfortably put you in D4.

Yeah, that's why I hate having FMO AAAs... Oh well, guess I'll just have to see what I can do in the Loser's Bracket for now.

Emo_Saur_ 05-30-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_mistrisofevl (Post 3701122)
Yeah, that's why I hate having FMO AAAs... Oh well, guess I'll just have to see what I can do in the Loser's Bracket for now.

I feel the same way. I am fine with D4, I just suck now and I'm not complaining about my placement at all.

iEnvy TR0lls 05-30-2012 06:10 PM

In

icontrolyourworld 05-30-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3700862)
sck, bring it Icyyyyy

it'll be fun :D
Finally supped my main with my alt in level xD
been playing sooo much mp haha

j-rodd123 05-30-2012 06:55 PM

should i feel proud that i gave luna like ur only losses, although u were playing on like 26hrs without sleep xD

icontrolyourworld 05-31-2012 10:56 AM

perhaps :3

TwistedPhoenix 05-31-2012 10:20 PM

Alright, so Darkomni is experiencing difficulties of the technical sort. We're trying to get it fixed, but be aware that he may not be able to participate.

Things going wrong! http://puu.sh/y31j