Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Velocity 11-25-2010 10:35 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3351641)
Fix song placements.

Example in arcade the list difficulty wise isn't correct it goes like 3 7 9 in some spots. Scan through the pages you'll know what I mean.

Also I can't tell if this is on the MP beta engine or not but a mute button like your personal engine would be awesome.

- It's not sorted in the playlist itself. That's up to the playlist editors too.

- My engine is getting MP in the coming week or to.

Vanilla Mnm 11-25-2010 10:38 PM

I really like that 'Filter songs by: FC, AAA, Difficulty
It would be so great if I could just take out all the songs I've already AAA'd or something.

I can't tell if this is already included in the game yet or not, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But if you get a negative score, your score goes undefined. It'd stop those people from booing out and getting a million game plays. (even though, idk why people do that)

Velocity 11-25-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm (Post 3351661)
I can't tell if this is already included in the game yet or not, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But if you get a negative score, your score goes undefined. It'd stop those people from booing out and getting a million game plays. (even though, idk why people do that)

Negative scores are ignore globally now.

justin_ator 11-26-2010 02:18 PM

Not really a huge deal either way, but perhaps a way to say random between length x and length y? I really don't like hitting random on 11's and 12's and getting 5-8 minute songs...If I want to play those I pick those.

Not a huge priority but it would be nice. Ore perhaps a sorting method by song length?

Velocity 11-26-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3352062)
Not really a huge deal either way, but perhaps a way to say random between length x and length y? I really don't like hitting random on 11's and 12's and getting 5-8 minute songs...If I want to play those I pick those.

Not a huge priority but it would be nice. Ore perhaps a sorting method by song length?

That shouldn't be hard, added it for filter and sort.

TC_Halogen 11-26-2010 03:09 PM

Suggestion for this thread:

Implemented
In progress
Suggested but not worked on

iironiic 11-26-2010 03:18 PM

Hmm... maybe an option to hide the raw score? Everytime I play, I am so tempted to look at my raw score, and then get nervous and then, bam, one boo or one good lol

Velocity 11-26-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352107)
Suggestion for this thread:

Implemented
In progress
Suggested but not worked on

Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3352116)
Hmm... maybe an option to hide the raw score? Everytime I play, I am so tempted to look at my raw score, and then get nervous and then, bam, one boo or one good lol

That shouldn't be hard at all.

One Winged Angel 11-26-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3352116)

oh my god I love you

TC_Halogen 11-26-2010 04:18 PM

Oh...

Add the best rank and the current rank on the song after you play. I noticed that your engine doesn't do that, haha.

Velocity 11-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3352165)
Oh...

Add the best rank and the current rank on the song after you play. I noticed that your engine doesn't do that, haha.

That's on the list to re-add every I removed from my engine.

customstuff 11-26-2010 05:01 PM

That would be amazing if you could sort songs by notes per second. It might be hard to do though.

Velocity 11-26-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 3352190)
That would be amazing if you could sort songs by notes per second. It might be hard to do though.

That info isn't available anywhere unfortunately and the only way I can think of doing it will put a heavy toll on the server.

Patashu 11-26-2010 06:33 PM

Adjustable sudden and hidden windows that hide the notes, ala the ones in IIDX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zutT7eQn0
it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space

Velocity 11-26-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3352262)
Adjustable sudden and hidden windows that hide the notes, ala the ones in IIDX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9zutT7eQn0

The video makes that make much more sense, lol.

"it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space"
Not sure what you mean.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 11-26-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 3352190)

Yeah, that's an awesome idea. You could reference a songs speed based on NPS (notes per second). Obviously it would be calculated averagely throughout a song.

Velocity 11-26-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3352290)
Yeah, that's an awesome idea. You could reference a songs speed based on NPS (notes per second). Obviously it would be calculated averagely throughout a song.

Only real problem is I don't have access to the level data or notes until the level is loaded.

Patashu 11-26-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3352280)
The video makes that make much more sense, lol.

"it might even be worth making the bottom of the screen holding the score the start of the sudden window. that way you can ratchet it down and get back all that vertical space"
Not sure what you mean.

Okay, let's start by assuming that the resolution of FFR cannot be increased at this point in time.
So the amount of vertical space is limited. Currently part of it is taken up by the top bar and part of it by the bottom bar.

Now, you see how the sudden window in that video extends from the side opposite the receptors, right? Imagine that the bottom bar becomes this sudden window when you alter its position. So when you increase sudden, it raises up and covers more of the screen, when you decrease sudden it drops more and more off the bottom of the screen. Implementing sudden this way would let you 'reclaim' the bottom of the screen.

In a similar vein, adjusting hidden could be moving the top up and down to cover the receptors. This won't claim any more vertical space unless you also make it possible to move the receptors up and down on the screen.

By the way, on the velocity engine have you fixed the 'error' where the right arrows are slightly unaligned to the left with respect to the right receptor?

Izzy 11-26-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patashu (Post 3352353)
By the way, on the velocity engine have you fixed the 'error' where the right arrows are slightly unaligned to the left with respect to the right receptor?

Patashu 11-27-2010 01:23 AM

that's a yes lol