Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Diablo 3 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123875)

hi19hi19 05-14-2012 03:15 AM

Diablo 3

Suspicious lack of hype on this site...

Xx{Midnight}xX 05-14-2012 04:41 AM

Re: Diablo 3

It looks alright I mean the quality of the game is nice but it might be like SC2 where they make it then don't listen to community suggestions for features and stuff.

Winrar 05-14-2012 06:35 AM

Well it's coming out midnight tonight, but I don't have any money for it :(
Maybe I'll get it in a couple weeks or next month.

Mike Weedmark 05-14-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3692544)
It looks alright I mean the quality of the game is nice but it might be like SC2 where they make it then don't listen to community suggestions for features and stuff.

SC2's bigger problems are the goofy 3D, multiple cash-grab releases, and being inferior to SC1 in every way.

MaxGhost 05-14-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3692544)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark (Post 3692557)
SC2's bigger problems are the goofy 3D, multiple cash-grab releases, and being inferior to SC1 in every way.

Wat.

You guys have not been paying attention to SC2 at all then.

bluguerrilla 05-14-2012 07:53 AM

I'm really excited to have something other than LoL and Skullgirls to play.

Finally got around to pre-ordering and am downloading it now. :D

Khenra 05-14-2012 08:17 AM

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!

Mike Weedmark 05-14-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3692576)
Wat.

You guys have not been paying attention to SC2 at all then.

Nothing I said requires attention. Graphics are something you can see in a screenshot, and knowing that the game wants to sell itself three times by releasing each campaign as a separate expansion is something you can read on wikipedia. SC2 breaks my bullshitometer. It's greatness watered down and dressed up to appeal to casuals. But don't quote me on the dressed up part, it looks significantly worse than its 1998 predecessor.

Diablo3 doesn't come across the same way. D3 looks like a genuine effort was made to create a game worth playing. That's all I can say about it right now.

MyRoseTearsBlood 05-14-2012 08:51 AM

I will continue to play diablo 2 hardcore mode. Diablo 3 doesn't interest me :\

Herogashix 05-14-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyRoseTearsBlood (Post 3692596)
I will continue to play diablo 2 hardcore mode. Diablo 3 doesn't interest me :\

all my secks belongs to you

Starcraft II is horrible because it has the number II beside it. Diablo II is worse than Diablo I but I still consider Diablo II good anyway. Starcraft was better when it wasn't all "let's go... FULL OUT GRAPHICS, ZERG RUSHES ARE THE ONLY OPTION, AND LET'S REMOVE ALL THE ORIGINAL AWESOMENESS."

If my computer was powerful enough to run Diablo III, I'd give it a try. I probably wouldn't like it, mostly cause they killed the merc system and the runes are ****ing retardedly useless, but can't just say you hate a game without trying it.

MaxGhost 05-14-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark (Post 3692594)
Nothing I said requires attention. Graphics are something you can see in a screenshot, and knowing that the game wants to sell itself three times by releasing each campaign as a separate expansion is something you can read on wikipedia. SC2 breaks my bullshitometer. It's greatness watered down and dressed up to appeal to casuals. But don't quote me on the dressed up part, it looks significantly worse than its 1998 predecessor.

Again, wat.

SC2 looks incredible. Have you ever seen it in ultra graphics? It's the prettiest RTS out there by far.

Also, I far prefer expansion packs over any kind of DLC bullshit or cash shops. SC2 might not be at the point competitively that SC was in terms of total understanding of the game, but it's getting there. It's easily the most entertaining game to watch being played competitively due to the depth of it.

Again, clearly you haven't been paying attention to the recent news on SC2, because there's a huge arcade patch planned that should make custom map making much better, along with tons of b.net fixes and changes that will come with the next expansion.

SocoNhydro420 05-14-2012 03:10 PM

Im super hyped about D3 but i dont have the money to buy it!!!!! ahYUDhDBhasbgf gsbgnGHNsbhjzdkfjnhjdksbhbh

00Razor00 05-14-2012 03:16 PM

MY BODY IS READY

hi19hi19 05-14-2012 03:25 PM

There's nothing wrong with SC2 in terms of gameplay- its initial lack of depth compared to SC1 has been rectified with changes in the metagame and some well-made patches on Blizzard's part.
I don't really care about graphics, but I'll be honest I kind of preferred the flat look of SC1 to SC2's ~shiny shit everywhere~ mentality, but in the end graphics are just a vehicle for gameplay, and both styles deliver that just fine.
I think people are just salty because selling the same game three times is kind of a dick move. We'll have to see if Blizzard really does live up to that "three games' worth of content" they promised.

REGARDLESS, THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT SC :)

As for D3, I'm interested to see how it goes. Not participating in the midnight release, but like I said I have lots of friends who are. I am going to be watching the Kripparian v Athene race, because I think it's going to be hilarious to watch Athene get crushed by the harder modes XD
Not too concerned about spoilers as I've never really followed the Diablo storyline that well, but I am interested to see from a game design perspective how the RMAH works out!

lumphoboextreme 05-14-2012 04:08 PM

have preorded and everything. want to be one of the first to max level rofl

NekoGon 05-14-2012 04:15 PM

preordered along with two other housemates. get hype !!

Khenra 05-14-2012 04:25 PM

Too bad I haven't gotten my Collector's Edition in the mail yet... I won't be able to play until tomorrow evening.

Oh well... at least Diablo 3 is installed and ready to go when I get my CD key :)

wargasm1 05-14-2012 04:31 PM

torchlight 2 looks alot better and its 20$

Coolboyrulez0 05-14-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wargasm1 (Post 3692849)
torchlight 2 looks alot better and its 20$

Pre-ordered this AND am currently downloading Diablo 3.

~DoUbLeHyPe!?~

wargasm1 05-14-2012 05:32 PM

tl2 is for summer 2012. im considering diablo3 too :P