Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   13th Official Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151950)

SubaruPoptart 07-8-2020 12:05 PM

Re: 13th Official Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by csoup1414 (Post 4733459)
Oh hey that's better! Now I got the rolls but messed up everything else

Thanks, that's nifty and I've always been afraid to play with those.

That's my biggest issue with mirror: it's only ever useful for one section of a song for me and everything else in the song is made a billion times harder. There's very few songs where mirror across the whole song is useful so as much as I'd like to use it I can't most times. : (

danredge 07-8-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4733455)
If the rolls were the other direction id be fine hahahaha

If I can get to the end of the rolls with 5 or less goods, i reckon i can SDG the track, hopefully thatll get me through

If you don't like these rolls you can do well timed double in the middle of the each 2notes. You need to be really precise but it avoid to roll.

MixMasterLar 07-8-2020 02:55 PM

Mirror is useful for like stuff in IIDX but rarely do I use it for anything four panel.

EDIT: Also AAA'd my song so there's that. D2 is easier then the last few tournies I feel

Viisbyxa 07-8-2020 06:48 PM

Well D4, if you weren't comfortable with rolls before, you're going to be :]

For the record, I need to use mirror for it as well. I've always been better at rtl rolls, not sure if it has to do with handedness or if it stems from my days playing one-handed with my right hand. I'm totally on autopilot for the jumpstream(?) and rolls, which I find really interesting about this game.

I was overly optimistic from the preview, but I can still definitely improve my score (if I can ignore the nerves). I really like D4's song selection so far. RIP D5.

Hakulyte 07-8-2020 07:29 PM

You can hit the first 2 notes of the roll and hit the last 2 ones like a jump and still AAA on INSERT COIN.

Just saying in case you want a consistent setup instead of the rather precise rolling required.

Ninty64 07-8-2020 11:02 PM

I like the new "Time Remaining" bar. It's really neat.

csoup1414 07-9-2020 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4733512)
You can hit the first 2 notes of the roll and hit the last 2 ones like a jump and still AAA on INSERT COIN.

Just saying in case you want a consistent setup instead of the rather precise rolling required.

I'll have to try that and see how it goes!

mi40 07-9-2020 04:11 AM

wow my hands are shaking lol, pulled off a 5-0-0-1 on that song by a miracle.. let's hope it's enough to get to top 16!

zoogarama 07-9-2020 12:02 PM

I really don't like this song and my hands need a rest anyways so I think my 1-1-0-0 is just going to stand for this round. I'm having a really hard time finding the tempo and beat on this song for some reason.

Gingerham 07-9-2020 12:11 PM

Also wanted to say the round time bar is a nice touch

csoup1414 07-9-2020 12:52 PM

I'm really starting to hate this song. I have the rolls now, but I'm having trouble with the jumpstream before that now...and that didn't give me problems before!

danredge 07-9-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csoup1414 (Post 4733556)
I'm really starting to hate this song. I have the rolls now, but I'm having trouble with the jumpstream before that now...and that didn't give me problems before!

Wow Same Here now i got the rolls but i started to create Mindblock at random places XD

SubaruPoptart 07-9-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csoup1414 (Post 4733556)

Quote:

Originally Posted by danredge (Post 4733558)
Wow Same Here now i got the rolls but i started to create Mindblock at random places XD

Ah yes, the "I've practiced one section so many times I forgot the rest" issue.
Try iso'ing both the jumpstream AND the rolls AND a little bit AFTER the rolls so that you can get both the jumpstream, the transition from jumpstream to rolls, and the transition out of the rolls so you don't mindblock that too because it's happened to me so many times.

Good rule of thumb is iso the stuff before the section (assuming it's not just like 2 notes at a time) and iso the stuff after the section (again, assuming it's not just like 2 notes at a time) so you can get the transitions in and out of the difficult thing super well.

CammyGoesRawr 07-9-2020 07:24 PM

I don't know if i can be fucked to play Raspberry Railgun much more, the outro gives me D4 Velocity AAA or die nerves.

kmay 07-9-2020 08:08 PM

Always been bad at these colorful charts lol

csoup1414 07-9-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4733571)
Ah yes, the "I've practiced one section so many times I forgot the rest" issue.
Try iso'ing both the jumpstream AND the rolls AND a little bit AFTER the rolls so that you can get both the jumpstream, the transition from jumpstream to rolls, and the transition out of the rolls so you don't mindblock that too because it's happened to me so many times.

Good rule of thumb is iso the stuff before the section (assuming it's not just like 2 notes at a time) and iso the stuff after the section (again, assuming it's not just like 2 notes at a time) so you can get the transitions in and out of the difficult thing super well.

That's what I've been doing and slowing it down too.

Once I get it up to speed my fingers just nope out.
I might take a break tomorrow, I might be burned out.

SubaruPoptart 07-10-2020 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csoup1414 (Post 4733594)
That's what I've been doing and slowing it down too.

Once I get it up to speed my fingers just nope out.
I might take a break tomorrow, I might be burned out.

yeahh for some reason the jump from 0.95 to 1.0 breaks me, no real advice I have on that. >.<

queue- 07-10-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4733597)
yeahh for some reason the jump from 0.95 to 1.0 breaks me, no real advice I have on that. >.<

0.05 rate on 32nds is 0.1 on 16ths

TLD from fullerene shift is a good example of how 0.05 can kill you

minble 07-10-2020 03:46 AM

Whoever said mirror INSERT COIN, you finna give me the AAA here in a few.

Arere 07-10-2020 06:38 AM

yw