Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Marvel vs Capcom 3 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117447)

MarioNintendo 02-14-2011 05:00 PM

Marvel vs Capcom 3

edit: Now that I started this super popular thread and stopped playing MVC3 a while ago, I can't understand a word of what you people are talking about at page 13. Funny, I know!

Today might be Valentine's day, I'm even more excited about tomorrow, which will be CLASH day: Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out! :D

Can't wait to beat some Galactus ass? What will your team look like?

Discuss.

(I think I would choose Zero, Arthur, Deadpool)

rsr2 02-14-2011 08:29 PM

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3

I can't wait to get this. I paid the rest of it off today. Getting it tomorrow though because there is no place around that is doing a midnight release. So I am getting up at 8am to go.

My team so far that I would choose is Amaterasu, Thor, Zero.

vro 02-14-2011 09:11 PM

My college is having a tournament for it tomorrow, along with a cosplay contest. Just finished making a Ryu cosplay(probably won't win with something so simple, but fun none the less). We also get a free t shirt just for signing up ahead of time, apparantly there are also gonna be door prizes, and there's no fee. Gamestop hosted a COD: Black Ops tournament here when it came out, so I'm suspecting thats what is happening again. My team will probably consist of Ryu, Zero, and Tron Bonne. The thing is, I play SNKvsCap. a lot, and from what I can tell, it plays different then the Marv.vsCap. games, so I won't be surprised if I don't win. I'm looking forward to it though :)

HoneyMelonCalibrator 02-14-2011 09:16 PM

What's the character roster for MvC3? Looked up gameplay vids on youtube. Doesn't look too disappointing. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the 3D characters. I don't think it'll be as good as MvC2.

vro 02-14-2011 09:25 PM

Okay I just watched some trailer vids and I may have to have Ameretsu replace one of the characters. The key to winning will be to play with the cheapest characters. Does anyone know who those would be?

Kraezymann 02-14-2011 09:32 PM

Marvel characters[19]
Captain America
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
M.O.D.O.K.
Phoenix
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Goratha
Spider-Man
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Thor
Wolverine
X-23

Capcom characters[19]
Akuma
Albert Wesker
Amaterasu
Arthur
Redfield
Chun-Li
Crimson Viper
Dante
Felicia
Hsien-Ko
Jill Valentinea
Mike Haggar
Morrigan Aensland
Nathan Spencer
Ryu
Trish
Tron Bonne
Viewtiful Joe
Zero

MarioNintendo 02-14-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vro (Post 3417621)
My college is having a tournament for it tomorrow, along with a cosplay contest. Just finished making a Ryu cosplay(probably won't win with something so simple, but fun none the less). We also get a free t shirt just for signing up ahead of time, apparantly there are also gonna be door prizes, and there's no fee. Gamestop hosted a COD: Black Ops tournament here when it came out, so I'm suspecting thats what is happening again. My team will probably consist of Ryu, Zero, and Tron Bonne. The thing is, I play SNKvsCap. a lot, and from what I can tell, it plays different then the Marv.vsCap. games, so I won't be surprised if I don't win. I'm looking forward to it though :)

Wow, That's awesome!! I wish I'd be able to participate in such a tournament. :P I believe I'll make up my own local tournament with friends, crushing their life bars and so on.

blindreper1179 02-14-2011 10:31 PM

been playing it all day today, it's pretty cool. not usually into these kind of games.

HoneyMelonCalibrator 02-14-2011 10:38 PM

Thanks, Kraezymann. I'll probably play it, but most likely not any time soon.

@vro - Yeah, our school hosted a MvC2 tourney as well as a SSBB tourney. I didn't participate, but I watched, I easily could have placed first or second in both tournaments, lol.

Anakinstepwalker 02-15-2011 01:42 AM

who ever plays marvel vs capcom 2 on xbox 360 online i probaly made you quit in a player match or ranked match lol. i have mvc3 paid off and will for sure be picking it up asap. after seen all the vids im kinda liking the new storm also phoenix dont know about the 3rd yet that slots still open. my gamertag is.... destr0ying kids

Anakinstepwalker 02-15-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyMelonCalibrator (Post 3417628)
What's the character roster for MvC3? Looked up gameplay vids on youtube. Doesn't look too disappointing. Although, I'm not a huge fan of the 3D characters. I don't think it'll be as good as MvC2.

seriously if they made mvc3 like mvc2 all the cheapness would continue and alot of fans would dislike the game from spammers doing anoying things to win. this new game looks more balanced and fair

MarioNintendo 02-15-2011 09:41 PM

Been playing it all day. Folks, don't listen to reviews giving it only 8.5/10. It's gold. Buy it.

BethanyBangs 02-15-2011 09:48 PM

YES I WANT. I love Lilith. :) I watched the preview of it at gamestop.

MarioNintendo 02-15-2011 09:50 PM

I wish I pre-ordered the limited edition. God, I LOVE this game. MGHRMRW!

vro 02-15-2011 11:40 PM

So, I didn't win the tournament, but I got a free t shirt and...

WON THE COSTUME CONTEST!!!

So, I got a 360 copy of the game, AND I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT!!!! ITS FREAKING AMAZING!!!

:D

rsr2 02-16-2011 12:52 AM

This game is pretty awesome. I did find a team and won destroyed my friends with it.

Sentinel - Amaterasu - Dante :D

MarioNintendo 02-16-2011 05:38 AM

I found out that so far I really enjoy playing with Wesker, Dante and Deadpool

Reincarnate 02-16-2011 08:22 AM

Actually this game looks hella sweet

I hope it comes out for PC

C@! 02-16-2011 10:55 AM

Ugh I wish I had a ps3 or xbox....I need to play this game asap

Adnama69 02-16-2011 11:05 AM

Zero, Dante and Akuma are my team. Tried it at Gamestop, sooo sexy omfg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3418425)
I hope it comes out for PC

oh you