Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

hi19hi19 01-31-2012 03:37 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

in case you didnt notice spitfire, judges apparently don't like hands and heavy layering

better add more random difficulty spike and awkward pattern files into the game instead

Nullifidian 01-31-2012 03:37 AM

I have noticed, and I don't agree with it at all. It's stupid lol

Choofers 01-31-2012 03:38 AM

why are triples called hands if you press all the buttons with your hands anyway

Anaru 01-31-2012 03:44 AM

Tequila (Anaru)

Code:

who_cares973 : (8/10)
- offset is wrong the notes are early. 34.960 this pattern blows maybe change it to 4[34]4[34]

samurai7694: (5/10)
- 34.918s, that's a really awkward anchor pattern
- layering is all over the place, didnt really like the second half of the file

kommisar: (8/10)
- Ah man this is too short. Awesome file, sweet accentuation (bedtime story theory ahoy).

kjwkjw: (4/10)
- Two of your own songs for this batch? o.o
- m. 18 - I can see what you did with the layering here, but it'd be better if you emphasized the percussion instead (changing beat 70.75 to a single note, and the next 4 notes [14] jumps).
- Towards the end the chart started getting somewhat repetitive.
- m. 42 - ending this with a quad feels pretty weird.

megamon888: [7/10]
- b30 and 30.5 should be single notes
- b46, b62, b78, b90, b94, 102 should be a jump
- one-handed jumpjack anchors in m17 are a no-no, change it
- missing notes at b107, 135, 163
- good file, feels very-jump heavy though

So I'm sure there has to be more reasons for the file to be dropped to 4/5s besides a really awkward anchor pattern (I'll admit - the pattern is stupid and all the judges note it) and too many jumps..
First off the song isn't fast at all (122 BPM) and 16ths jacks at 122 BPM don't sound too hard.. :( I don't know what happened but I want to know!

Luis says my layering is all over the place, but kommisar says there's "sweet accentuation" (wtf? contradictions everywhere) etc..
I still don't see why I got a 4 from kjw though :/ Yeah it's repetitive but the song's not even 1:30 long.

Whatever, the judges know better I'm sure. Thanks for the reviews (I wish they were more detailed though!)

Choofers 01-31-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3628132)
what about my half

7 7 8 8

obviously I'm fixing what was mentioned (to judges, the original sm file had mines during the blank part that said "LETS HAVE SEX OK")
blank part I'm stepping the strings, that little easy part I'm keeping as-is (in terms of layering (or lack of))

actually I'm not fixing the blank part because I literally cannot bring myself to put anything there (tried stepping the strings, felt really awkward)

other than that, everything should be fixed. sending fixes whenever I'm able to

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-31-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3628153)
better add more random difficulty spike and awkward pattern files into the game instead

I honestly got a chuckle out of this because I think I just argued this in the blaze chat like an hour or two ago.
Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3628154)
I have noticed, and I don't agree with it at all. It's stupid lol

And YES. Oh my god **** yes.

I know I've always come off as a hater to you Spitfire, but this is absolutely one of my biggest annoyances with charts as of late (not that I vocalize what I dislike about charts usually.)

And I guess in the interest of being more helpful than snickering in the background and being angry at you...

Wilson when you said "Seems a little overstepped. The quads and hands are really unnecessary in my honest opinion. It’s a great tricky file though, so well done! 6/10"

I will admit this actually pissed me off. I find it absurd that you say it's well done but then pretty much bomb me harshly for what seems like a disagreement in hand/quad usage and it coming off as "slightly overstepped." Also for the record: There's not a single quad in this chart, your neglectful phrasing makes me want assume you didn't look very hard, which with such a large batch I understand, and I do thank you for taking the time to review it don't get me wrong, but it just is frustrating to see such an outrageous mistake. I'd realllllllllllllly like to see you do some actual notes rather than actually just typing an opinion and a score to be honest with you.

I apologize if this comes off as rude and outrageously out of place, but this is just something I would like you to be aware of.

who_cares973 01-31-2012 04:19 AM

I was ok with my ratings

hi19hi19 01-31-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3628171)
I was ok with my ratings

Honestly, me too. They're what I expected.

Not what I wanted, but definitely what I expected.

00Razor00 01-31-2012 04:33 AM

dont wanna be a dick or anything but thanks for stealing my v2 idea for beethoven virus, takumi000. you're real original

MarioNintendo 01-31-2012 05:40 AM

I would just like to point out that the full name of In flux includes (5 note piano prelude), see this link

.357 Magnum: 8 8 8
In flux (5 note Piano prelude): 8 9 8
Umad: 8 7 9 9 8
Xanthystrauma: 6 6 7 7 8

I hope for the top 3 to pass :)

nois-or-e 01-31-2012 06:19 AM

I am very happy with my low grades, was running out of time with the batch filling up fast (60hr batch LOL), with 3 out of 4 of my upcoming epics not worth rushing, I touched up sections on this purely so I could use it as a re-sub next batch so it doesn't cut into my submission cap ;D

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos
starting at 23.944 why did you stop stepping that melody? [8/10]

Quote:

Originally Posted by luis
- 23.944s, would be better if the melody was layering in with the percussion kick and snare rhythm as well, it feels empty without it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris
-This file starts off really great, but then at m14 everything goes to waste. The melody isn't followed and the whole section feels incredibly empty. Just following the bass drum with jumps is a huge waste of potential for this file.
-With the main section fixed this could make an awesome file.

^this is exactly what I wanted to hear guys, that section was blank when jimi closed the batch, but then he extended it by an hour or two, so I busted in this as placeholder notes for a re-sub ;D

Pretty stoked to see some of the reviews on specific files that we shall be hopefully seeing in-game very soon, good job all-round guys!

Ziergdsx18 01-31-2012 07:43 AM

Thanks for the reviews. I was actually gonna lol if Chipscape got accepted for a few reasons but it didn't.

VisD 01-31-2012 07:57 AM

Wow that's ironic. The file that I threw together in an hour on submission day did the best and the file that I was expecting to have a running shot at getting in just tanked

so anyway

Intensive 1 (lol) 2 3 5 5

wow that 192nd jack

Orange Juice 2 3 6 6 6

haha that's some strong grading diversity...2 and 6

Tomorrow Untrodden 4 5 6 7 7

Nice notes, one thing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjwkjw
A bit iffy about m. 45 on... you seem to step some sounds on and off. Will have to see what the other judges think about it.

It's actually just the dominant keyboard?

takumi000 01-31-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3628177)
dont wanna be a dick or anything but thanks for stealing my v2 idea for beethoven virus, takumi000. you're real original

:P

Also this was my rating:
Beethoven Virus v2 - 5 3 7
Cirno's Perfect Math Class - 6 4 ⑨

megamon88 01-31-2012 09:12 AM

404th: 8 / 8 / 7

Louder: 8 / 3 / 5 / 2

Pokāmen: 8 / 8 / 8 / 9

I love the 8 and 2 on the same file.

404th did better than I expected. I guess my pattern choice was better this time around.

Can't say I didn't expect that rating I got for louder though. The ending was pretty brutal in terms of patterns and layering.

Pokāmen was a nice surprise. I'm glad people found it as fun as they did.

Also, I need someone to judge the last two since I passed them for being my own files.

PrawnSkunk 01-31-2012 09:12 AM

In the Iron Stepman battle over Rainbow Tylenol, I'd QQ if neither of them got through.
I'm sitting with 7/7/5/7 with that one.. e_e hopefully the score readjustments will do something beneficial for me ;_;

Oh, and my refined Neopandemic file got an even worse score than last time. cool. 7/5/4/7/7

who_cares973 01-31-2012 09:15 AM

looks like the only one not getting in is i like trains :( SO MUCH HATE

Excessive Sex - 8 8 6
I Like Trains - 6 7 6
Impulse - 9 8 7
Sonata Pathetique - 9 7 10
Video Out B - 8 8 8

icontrolyourworld 01-31-2012 09:40 AM

Demon Beast Appearance 8 6 8
Sunday Afternoon Jam 8 6 5
Vs Boss Battle 8 5 6

You guys would like the file with a bunch of jacks in it xD

TheSaxRunner05 01-31-2012 09:56 AM

6 / 5 / 8 on my first file, I hope to improve on this next time (Hmm, maybe I could find a less repetitive song to step)

Edit:// I incorporated some of Bmah's suggestions, can I send the updated file?

sticklydude 01-31-2012 10:38 AM

Hm. My scores were better than I expected.

I still don't understand whats going on though lololol