Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fingerstyle/setup (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=87119)

Flys556 02-4-2008 05:18 PM

Fingerstyle/setup

Im just curious what some of you "pros" use for finger styles, personally i like the One hand on left key and right hand for up,down,right. There has to be a playstyle for the 9 difficulty songs and such that works well (im asking how some of you set up your fingers on the keyboard for hard songs)

Emo_Saur_ 02-4-2008 05:20 PM

Re: Fingerstyle/setup

I use as and ;' for all of my songs

Mr.Nothing 02-4-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ (Post 2014533)
I use as and ;' for all of my songs

Who are you

EDIT: I use the arrow keys, left hand middle finger on left, left hand index on down, right hand index on up, right hand middle finger on right

EAGAMES 02-4-2008 05:22 PM

I'm not a pro but I use:

Left hand - left and down arrow keys
Right hand- 8 and 6 on numpad.

There's my little nooby advice. Spread is the most common play style so you may want to switch to it if you havn't already.

Flys556 02-4-2008 05:22 PM

this is for ffr 1 right? cuz i dont know how to change the keys from left down up right

Mr.Nothing 02-4-2008 05:25 PM

Use AutoHotKey to make a key changing script.

EDIT: Refer to here.

EAGAMES 02-4-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flys556 (Post 2014543)
this is for ffr 1 right? cuz i dont know how to change the keys from left down up right

Yes. Also, if you want to change to different keys, use hot-keys. Hot keys are pretty much useless once 3rd style comes because of the fact that you can change the keys without it. ( Look at the front page I think at the bottom or the page before)

-edit-
Ninja'd kinda...

bmah 02-4-2008 05:27 PM

I'm copying and pasting this from the thread you've abandoned:

The majority of players here prefer a play style called "spread". You use two hands, and press the directional arrows in a spread out fashion. The directional arrows are often assigned certain keys on the keyboard, according to the player's comfort. For example, some people map out the arrows to askl keys, where a = left arrow, s = down arrow, k = up arrow, l = right arrow.
In my opinion, you should just find your own playing style and get comfortable with it. I myself don't play spread. Adopting several playing styles is even better - that increases your flexibility to play songs more comfortably. You're just limiting yourself if you stick with one playing style.

EnergY30 02-5-2008 07:13 PM

Im using the standard arrows too:
-left middle finger at left
-left index finger at down
-right middle finger at up
-right index finger at right.

Too make it comfortable, i have to turn the keyboard about 45 degrees clockwise from standard position. This setup works great for me! One little detail too: i have removed the DEL button from the numpad, becuase thats a perfect spot to put the left hand thumb into to get a better grip :D

Ive also tried to play spread a little, but im messing it up because the fingers on the right hand switch arrows :p

Emo_Saur_ 02-5-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 2014539)
Who are you

Um, I am emo_saur_, kinda obvious, right?

customstuff 02-5-2008 07:19 PM

I play with my index fingers :P

rsr2 02-5-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Nothing (Post 2014539)

I use the arrow keys, left hand middle finger on left, left hand index on down, right hand index on up, right hand middle finger on right

Same method for me :D

EDEdDNEdDYFaN 02-5-2008 07:28 PM

<V with left hand, 86 with right hand

alternatively

with one hand - right index on <, right middle on ^V, right ring on >

customstuff 02-5-2008 07:34 PM

huh... Only indexer to post here so far. I feel proud lol

mike2727 02-5-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 2016642)
huh... Only indexer to post here so far. I feel proud lol

Not quite... =P I play index sometimes but mostly spread. I think I'm the only one who does as/op... I feel special =D

Serraliph 02-5-2008 07:40 PM

I use (idea credit to Yukari) in place of left, right, up and down : e, f, l, and p.

Having left and right above up and down help to accomodate the extra length of the middle fingers, and allows for a faster trill. For me, anyways. I'm not very good, though, so you can ignore me, but I think it's easier.

Good luck!

customstuff 02-5-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike2727 (Post 2016652)
Not quite... =P I play index sometimes but mostly spread. I think I'm the only one who does as/op... I feel special =D

Okay...first indexer then :)

remedy1502 02-5-2008 09:18 PM

sd86 spread and 3-finger, 2 hands.

TK_pavonineukon 02-6-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by customstuff (Post 2016656)
Okay...first indexer then :)

2nd

But I've only played 1,000 games, so my scores aren't really quite up there yet.

Cosmic M 02-6-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnergY30 (Post 2016606)
Im using the standard arrows too:
-left middle finger at left
-left index finger at down
-right middle finger at up
-right index finger at right.:p

Me too, works great!