Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   FFR Rap battle contest (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148711)

blindreper1179 01-9-2018 06:50 PM

FFR Rap battle contest

Hello FFR! A little late making the thread, but better late than never! We've found our contestants and we've found our song, now all we need to do is battle for victory!

All of the following have signed up to take on the challenge:
C#
WTFBrandon
blind
Xtreme2252 submission (https://m.soundcloud.com/scarefish-2/happy-new-year-18)
l1luminati
Prism
Ssbmchamp
Funnygurl555 submission (https://soundcloud.com/ofg5x3o/ffr-r...e-submission-1)
Fruitninja
.Gazelle.
RB_Spirit
infinity.
Foxfire667 submission (https://soundcloud.com/foxfire667/ff...-introspection)
-Blue7- submission (https://soundcloud.com/initgen/ffr-rap-contest)

The song GOLD by Icarus moth is our beat of choice! The song is located here (https://soundcloud.com/icarusmoth/se...e-sens/s-x5pu8)

Good luck to all who entered, and you may post here or wait until voting and send me your song in a pm.

Wayward Vagabond 01-12-2018 06:59 PM

Re: FFR Rap battle contest

YEAH BOI

blindreper1179 01-12-2018 07:10 PM

I'm glad someone is HYPED

mrpreggers 01-12-2018 07:12 PM

hell yeah

foxfire667 01-14-2018 07:12 PM

Figure I'd make a post since it's quiet, and you probably want some progress and feedback that things are happening. I'm currently putting some work into this now, hoping to get to the point where I have all the info and direction I want to begin actually writing lyrics.

I don't want other contestants to see my stuff just yet, but I could PM you my google doc if you're interested. Then you can look on my progress, well until I actually sing it anyway.

blindreper1179 01-14-2018 09:34 PM

That's ok, whenever you're ready to show it, I'm ready to listen. :)

who_cares973 01-17-2018 09:01 PM

whats the time limit on this because i haven't had any time to really sit down and write anything

blindreper1179 01-17-2018 09:03 PM

I put 3 weeks, so the 26th, since it didn't really start until the 4th.

My Nth Sightly 01-19-2018 12:11 AM

Are newly registered members are able to submit entries? Maybe too late?

blindreper1179 01-24-2018 11:02 PM

I'm giving this until the end of sunday to submit. I've only received two so far, I would like everyone that joined to submit!

Wayward Vagabond 01-25-2018 06:58 AM

Sorry my dude but I've been dying for the past week :(

ssbmchamp 01-25-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4606519)
Sorry my dude but I've been dying for the past week :(

Freestyle, you wont!

foxfire667 01-25-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4606505)
I'm giving this until the end of sunday to submit. I've only received two so far, I would like everyone that joined to submit!

I was wondering about the submissions so far, was hoping a lot of people are holding out until the very end to submit (or maybe pushed them to you via PM).

Since I'm here, want to let it be known that I've gotten about a minute and 20 seconds written and sung out, and was planning on plowing through the rest tomorrow after work. Since the date has been extended, I'll do a little review Saturday morning before I post it. Putting some actual effort into this (not that it means much as I'm not exactly a rapper), so hopefully it ends up being alright in the end!

foxfire667 01-27-2018 03:55 PM

Contest submission:
Introspection - Foxfire
(Soundcloud tags didn't work right rip)
The time is here, another new year
Can’t quite pin down, just how I’ve been feeling
Maybe if I write it out, I can cast aside my doubt
Let’s take a moment and own up to some introspection
Man I felt it hard, but you know how those feelings are far from
Scars from war and torture, or a fatal disorder so
You have no reason to cry, keep it inside, carbonate your fucking mind and
Cap off that bottle you fought to keep down with those thoughts from the night that so graciously hound you.
Mothers unwell, can hardly move at only 50. Kept her pain to herself to pay the bills and feed her family.
I can’t stand seeing her like this, or fight the thoughts that haunt me as I write this
Cause maybe she’d be okay today if only she had the heart to say
I can’t keep this up, my body's had enough, or
How bout a brother whose down in a spiral where sobrieties pain and getting high’s a denial
I try my best to keep him up, make peace with the world even if it’s tough but
I’m not much better than he is with anxiety waiting to seep in
It’s less like a feeling and more like you’re dealing with bad shit you and ya friend smoked in his car
Death gripping your chest, you’re counting your breaths
Maybe a minute a moment a day, as long as it wants to that burden will stay
Never truly over, just wishing to be sober
My turmoil will never be [move over]
Can’t sit by and let you hide from your good side any longer
If you put the focus on only the stuff that’s rough all that negativity will keep on adding up
Then damn, before you know it, life’s ran its course and all you’re showing the
world is nothing a bleak soul mourning, a body that’s weak and a mind in torment
Remember your drive, to better, your mind
Getting a semblance of self confidence, being accountable to my interests
Your progress, is high, anxiety denied
Think of the weeks in a row that’d you’d freak but now you’ve got one hell of a sobering streak!
My strength, is growing, my body, is flowing
I look in the mirror and like what I see, finally feel like I’ve got energy.
And surely I can’t deny my friends are close, love them the most
I’ve got a mind to keep climbing out, life’s been better trying than just laying down
I just want to be happy with myself inside and out

I did take this seriously, but don't expect the world from an amateur. It's hard to push through and post because of that, but that's something I've got to learn to get over anyway. To anyone interested, this google document has all the pre-writing brainstorm stuff in it I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I didn't do everything I wanted, but I did a few things I liked I wasn't even initially aiming for so I'm satisfied. This was quite fun to do, and took up a fair bit of my week after work trying to puzzle and flow things together in a way that wasn't stupid. Even if no one else submits, I very much appreciate the revival of this contest and the initial effort you put forth to make it happen blindreper! For the sake of the event though, it'd be nice to see a couple more at least by tomorrow...

Wayward Vagabond 01-27-2018 06:00 PM

extending this a bit and pushing people would be nice. my voice is still pretty gone and im still feeling under the weather

Funnygurl555 01-27-2018 06:56 PM

sorry i had finals i'ma start workin' on this

foxfire667 01-27-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4606739)
extending this a bit and pushing people would be nice. my voice is still pretty gone and im still feeling under the weather

Only thing is it's already been 3 weeks, and the thread has had barely activity at all relative to how many people actually said they'd participate. With the cash prize, and the extension nearing us into the month mark already, I really can't believe there is anything that is going to push people more to put something out. Maybe people forgot, so I'll say it again, blind is offering up $30 as a frekin prize here! What more push can you ask for when average event prizes are e-tokens and credits?

midnghtraver 01-27-2018 09:30 PM

Oh my lord I didn't even realize this was happening

<3

I believe in you all

Wayward Vagabond 01-27-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4606731)
Contest submission:
Introspection - Foxfire
(Soundcloud tags didn't work right rip)
The time is here, another new year
Can’t quite pin down, just how I’ve been feeling
Maybe if I write it out, I can cast aside my doubt
Let’s take a moment and own up to some introspection
Man I felt it hard, but you know how those feelings are far from
Scars from war and torture, or a fatal disorder so
You have no reason to cry, keep it inside, carbonate your fucking mind and
Cap off that bottle you fought to keep down with those thoughts from the night that so graciously hound you.
Mothers unwell, can hardly move at only 50. Kept her pain to herself to pay the bills and feed her family.
I can’t stand seeing her like this, or fight the thoughts that haunt me as I write this
Cause maybe she’d be okay today if only she had the heart to say
I can’t keep this up, my body's had enough, or
How bout a brother whose down in a spiral where sobrieties pain and getting high’s a denial
I try my best to keep him up, make peace with the world even if it’s tough but
I’m not much better than he is with anxiety waiting to seep in
It’s less like a feeling and more like you’re dealing with bad shit you and ya friend smoked in his car
Death gripping your chest, you’re counting your breaths
Maybe a minute a moment a day, as long as it wants to that burden will stay
Never truly over, just wishing to be sober
My turmoil will never be [move over]
Can’t sit by and let you hide from your good side any longer
If you put the focus on only the stuff that’s rough all that negativity will keep on adding up
Then damn, before you know it, life’s ran its course and all you’re showing the
world is nothing a bleak soul mourning, a body that’s weak and a mind in torment
Remember your drive, to better, your mind
Getting a semblance of self confidence, being accountable to my interests
Your progress, is high, anxiety denied
Think of the weeks in a row that’d you’d freak but now you’ve got one hell of a sobering streak!
My strength, is growing, my body, is flowing
I look in the mirror and like what I see, finally feel like I’ve got energy.
And surely I can’t deny my friends are close, love them the most
I’ve got a mind to keep climbing out, life’s been better trying than just laying down
I just want to be happy with myself inside and out

I did take this seriously, but don't expect the world from an amateur. It's hard to push through and post because of that, but that's something I've got to learn to get over anyway. To anyone interested, this google document has all the pre-writing brainstorm stuff in it I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I didn't do everything I wanted, but I did a few things I liked I wasn't even initially aiming for so I'm satisfied. This was quite fun to do, and took up a fair bit of my week after work trying to puzzle and flow things together in a way that wasn't stupid. Even if no one else submits, I very much appreciate the revival of this contest and the initial effort you put forth to make it happen blindreper! For the sake of the event though, it'd be nice to see a couple more at least by tomorrow...

this is really dope

Wayward Vagabond 01-27-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4606751)
Only thing is it's already been 3 weeks, and the thread has had barely activity at all relative to how many people actually said they'd participate. With the cash prize, and the extension nearing us into the month mark already, I really can't believe there is anything that is going to push people more to put something out. Maybe people forgot, so I'll say it again, blind is offering up $30 as a frekin prize here! What more push can you ask for when average event prizes are e-tokens and credits?

i started a new job and that has been my focus. i was going to spend this last week and a half ish to focus on this but getting sick really made that not happen. i didnt even realize there was a cash prize rofl. only doing this because i like it and it would be nice to actually get something written and finished.