Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151769)

TWG Flurry 03-13-2020 02:15 AM

Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Eugene (Post 4718958)
Dumb question here: When something is "Nerfed" does that mean it's supposed to less than what it's supposed to?

That threw me off because normal games tend to have the normal role be the equivalent of the nerfed one here.

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Flurry (Post 4718959)
That threw me off because normal games tend to have the normal role be the equivalent of the nerfed one here.

Wha? Can you explain what you mean by this?

TWG Flurry 03-13-2020 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Phil (Post 4718938)
guys
cop still gets their check if they die
doctor still saves someone if they die
vigi still kills someone if they die
blocker still blocks someone if they die
acquisitioner blocker still does their thing if they die
the wolf roleblocker still blocks the person if they die
the wolf making the nightkill still makes the nightkill if they die

the exceptions to this trend are few and far between

and yes, I do think roleblocker/doctor never being able to target the same person two nights in a row should be something that should never happen, just doesn't appear to be the case here

Bold part is usually true on FFR TWG. We're in a special case right now.

TWG Flurry 03-13-2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Dora (Post 4718291)
===========

So now we have the next step, the people on Dels wagon before he claimed:

Molly, Julian, Boomer, Rolf.

Notice how Chief was on me, yet he moves to Zucker. I think this looks worse than moving from del to zucker, because its a move that is pure gain instead of risk/gain. Those on Dels wagon had something to lose by staying there. They were incentivized to move to preserve del who had just claimed. Chief could have parked his vote on me and nobody would have batted an eye. The word im looking for here is Opportunistic. This was an opportunistic vote switch to try to look better by hammering zucker.

So we have my first wolf read from this wagon: Chief

==========

Here is where it starts to get a bit subjective and I do something that not everyone will agree with. I clear Julian. Why? This might just be my opinion, and this is a much lower confidence read than my read on punchy but Julians reaction to dels claim is not what i would expect from a wolf. He genuinely thought he was on the right track and you could clearly see he felt slighted by the claim and openly doubted it. Since this is an anon game i dont have the benefit of meta to color this read better but I am fairly sure im on the right track with this.

If Julian was a wolf he wouldve known a reluctant switch onto a wolf would do him no favors the next day. I would think wolf!Julian would be less reluctant (publicly at least) and less attached to his scumlean of del.

==========

Part 2 to come

Good read and relevant right now because Maple voted Julian and Phil voted Chief.
I tend to agree with Dora on these two reads.

I'm curious if others agree/disagree and why.

TWG Flurry 03-13-2020 03:00 AM

I feel like Dora is more likely to be wrong on her Part 2 post.

Also, saying that Apollo could be Acqui is kind of a joke.

TWG Fauna 03-13-2020 03:01 AM

Hey guys

Coronavirus has fucked with my industry, I致e had to cancel a whole lot of events today and basically I知 going to be busy as fuck dealing with the fallout over the next period of time.

I should have time to follow along with the thread and I値l be able to do digging and other stuff before I go to sleep each night but if I seem less active, that痴 why. If it gets to the point I知 too busy to pay attention to the game, I値l organise a replacement, but for now I should be fine to still make a positive impact on the game.

I知 gonna be home in a couple of hours and then I plan to make some big reads and stuff

Nothing surprising happened overnight, I think we need to assume xiz would tell us if roles are nerfed in any way like he did with the doctor

TWG Apollo 03-13-2020 03:02 AM

I decided to go grocery shopping now because "who shops at night" fucking crazy paranoid people that's who

TWG Flurry 03-13-2020 03:31 AM

Not gonna lie, I don't understand how you two play this game. That's not a bad thing either.

I just can't begin to go like "I am Fauna, I am doing this because ____" or "I am Apollo, I am doing this because _____".

Probably just going to sleep for now.

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Fauna (Post 4718964)
Hey guys

Coronavirus has fucked with my industry, I致e had to cancel a whole lot of events today and basically I知 going to be busy as fuck dealing with the fallout over the next period of time.

I should have time to follow along with the thread and I値l be able to do digging and other stuff before I go to sleep each night but if I seem less active, that痴 why. If it gets to the point I知 too busy to pay attention to the game, I値l organise a replacement, but for now I should be fine to still make a positive impact on the game.

I知 gonna be home in a couple of hours and then I plan to make some big reads and stuff

Nothing surprising happened overnight, I think we need to assume xiz would tell us if roles are nerfed in any way like he did with the doctor

Absolutely noted. COVID-19 is taking the world by storm and it's causing mass panic around the world. Do your best to keep yourself safe and healthy as well

TWG Phil 03-13-2020 04:21 AM

not sure when exactly this phase I'm going to do this (its going to be hard for me to post anywhere near as much as I have the previous two phases) but I am going to try and look into the POE a bit more

content with Chief for now, but I anticipate a lot of bickering over who is the scummiest between a pool of fairly scummy people so I don't mind being here a bit less for that

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 04:34 AM

Phil I'm not quite sure but did you and I have similar shot candidates for Boomer close to the end of EOD?

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Phil (Post 4718859)
kinda too late
I'd rather not give a list and just let Boomer follow Del

but I'll give one anyways

Chief, 2 of Molly, Chrissy Apollo for the rest, hard for me to separate

Chief is in the lead by a good bit

Answered my own question, nevermind Phil. We had the same three people in mind, as well as Flurry

TWG Phil 03-13-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Eugene (Post 4718970)
Answered my own question, nevermind Phil. We had the same three people in mind, as well as Flurry

im of the opinion that flurry shouldn't be thought of as a wolf basically at all for the next like

four? ok fine three

day phases

for their movement towards Zucker

yes I know it could be a bus, and wolves apparently do like to do that, even in anon games, historically

just felt natural and I think the part about how they wanted to pretend that people just didn't know how to read them didn't feel like a wolf getting pressure

so no, we didn't have them in common

TWG Boomer 03-13-2020 05:30 AM

had to make a quick post before leaving for work.

i never got notified about being blocked. so either someone was right the first time and i don't get notified (which makes no sense to me flavor-wise, but wtf do i know), orrrrrrrrr i popped another vest.

TWG Phil 03-13-2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Boomer (Post 4718972)

i never got notified about being blocked. so either someone was right the first time and i don't get notified (which makes no sense to me flavor-wise, but wtf do i know), orrrrrrrrr i popped another vest.

who'd you try to shoot, for posterity's sake

TWG Chrissy 03-13-2020 07:11 AM

Hello, at school again. I was considering putting my character up for the first post of each phase but nah, not worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Phil (Post 4718973)
who'd you try to shoot, for posterity's sake

And I'd just like to know for functionality's sake. If the choices were Molly, Chief, and me from the majority of people, who'd you choose, if it was from any of those three?

TWG Chrissy 03-13-2020 07:15 AM

"from the majority of people" meaning that like, most people offered up the choices of Molly, Chief, and me last night*

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718975)
Hello, at school again. I was considering putting my character up for the first post of each phase but nah, not worth it.

And I'd just like to know for functionality's sake. If the choices were Molly, Chief, and me from the majority of people, who'd you choose, if it was from any of those three?

If you didn't see my post earlier I wanted a Molly shot/flip so that goes without saying

TWG Chrissy 03-13-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Eugene (Post 4718977)
If you didn't see my post earlier I wanted a Molly shot/flip so that goes without saying

Aye so we're assuming they shot Molly?

TWG Eugene 03-13-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Boomer (Post 4718972)

You would be an absolute GOD if you popped two vests back to back so like I said at EOD if you think you popped a vest, name your shot and we go from there