Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is it possible to beat the harder songs with 1 hand? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=90497)

flamingpeanut 04-1-2008 05:09 PM

Is it possible to beat the harder songs with 1 hand?

seriously, this is important to me, i wanna know wether its possible cuz i can do very difficult, and a few challenging songs, but so far i havent bin able to work up to a very challenging or higher

dood gone krazee 04-1-2008 05:14 PM

Re: Is it possible to beat the harder songs with 1 hand?

Its possible, its just very, VERY hard.
And your bound to get Carpal Tunnel.

UnkownMan 04-1-2008 05:15 PM

I don't know. Is it impossible for someone to listen all the way through RickRoll'd

Hellz yeah! I love that song

Never gonna give you up... never gonna let yo... um... Ha...

*Runs away*

s0ulst0n3 04-1-2008 05:39 PM

I was one handed a long time ago, and yes it is possible to pass/beat the harder songs. I could pass One Minute Waltz with ease, just a little bit of mashing during the jack trills. Is it possible to do well on them? Well, depending on your style, it usually isn't though. I could get a 600 combo on Lawn Wake IV with less then 40 boo's, only mashing the 32nd rolls near the beginning of the song. I was 4 fingered though, using my thumb for the down arrow.

I could FC Very Challenging songs and almost AIM Anthem with 1 hand (712 combo is my record one handed I believe). If you want to unleash your full potential though, switch to spread. Only my opinion. =]

EDIT: By the way, UnkownMan .. you have enough posts to realize your posts in this forum should be a little more helpful. Your post was completely and utterly useless.

skishmonkey72 04-1-2008 06:14 PM

Of course it's possible. I'm pretty sure I've "beaten" (as you say) every song in the game so far, not sure about the 5-6 or so I haven't played, which include the three new ones. By "beaten", if you mean pass, then yes it is more than possible with one hand. To do well on the hardest songs though, one-handed playing is not a good choice, it won't happen. If you want to do the best you can do on the hardest songs, switch to spread.

And it sounds like you're really eager to start passing the harder songs. That's good, eagerness to get better at this game is good, and what you need to drive you to improve. But my advice is to spend some time doing better (getting higher combos, etc.) on the songs you can already do before you move on to the harder ones. Doing that will improve your skills so you can move on to the harder songs just as fast anyways. But if you just play for the sake of passing hard songs, you'll end up mashing and develop bad habits.

It's up to you. I'd strongly recommend improving skill first and foremost before anything else, but if you want to play a different way, that's your choice to make.

*mysticdarkness* 04-1-2008 10:07 PM

It is 'possible', you just gotta get comfortable and prepare yourself for hand cramps xD I don't play one- handed too often, but when I do, and I play 'challenging', I can only pass certain songs. Depending on the BPM. But that's just me :]

BigBoss37 04-1-2008 10:08 PM

with a little practice, you could beat the harder songs with your mouth

EAGAMES 04-1-2008 10:09 PM

Well duh *goes and plays Death Piano one handed*...

Gawd I'm getting too old for this.

DarkZtar 04-1-2008 11:35 PM

Quad mash the really hard songs. xD

flamingpeanut 04-2-2008 02:02 PM

i use my thumb as a fourth finger, and i can get a relatively gd score on the aim anthem, i may have to switch to spread though, cheers for all the help anyways guys, and u never know, i might just end up pulling it off one handed after all :D

Das Mustafah 04-3-2008 01:09 PM

I'm one handed, thumb for down. Fairly decent.

deadpony 04-3-2008 01:11 PM

i can pass it. but with like misses and boos all over lol.

deadpony 04-3-2008 01:11 PM

oh an dim talkign aobut deathpiano. not vb vrolf

jimerax 04-3-2008 01:14 PM

passing any song on FFR shouldn't be that hard even with one-handed, except for vrofl.

EAGAMES 04-3-2008 01:22 PM

You can't pass vROFL period, (double setup is not included).

infinity. 04-3-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAGAMES (Post 2102696)
You can't pass vROFL period, (double setup is not included).

actually, with the beta it should be pretty easy to pass with a good mash.

foilman8805 04-3-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpony (Post 2102690)
oh an dim talkign aobut deathpiano. not vb vrolf

Are you ****ing drunk? Jesus Christ.

Anyways, there are some good one-handed players, but they reach their skill limit quicker than people who play 4-finger or spread. Sure you can pass songs above Challenging, but as a one-hander, FCing songs at this difficulty is a pretty hard thing to do, and passing songs doesn't get you anything.

Recommendations are to learn other playing styles. Spread is probably your best bet if you want to become competitive and start AAAing and getting full combos.

Frozen Beat 04-3-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity. (Post 2102710)
actually, with the beta it should be pretty easy to pass with a good mash.

Then I expect you to pass it when it comes out! Sheesh...

customstuff 04-3-2008 02:02 PM

I will too :)

otaku_ism 04-3-2008 02:17 PM

i'm 1 hand and i can *easily* (maybe) FC challenging, i can play 2 handed, but i prefer 1