Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

potter_rocks_out_loud 02-1-2011 02:02 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

I plan on submitting my file in here eventually once i finish it. :)

bmah 02-1-2011 02:07 AM

Yeah, I've discussed with jx that one of the main point of appeals is to solve this circular issue, especially if a song is rejected many times based on contradictory opinions. After you feel your file has been juggling around without much progression, despite its merits, you can surely ask jx/myself to look at it. Ultimately, a decision has to be made.

I also doubt that all judges actually referred back to the previous notes - although they aren't obligated to do so, it's really in everyone's best interests. If you look at Silvuh's notes on the resubmitted files for instance, you can clearly see that he's looked over the past notes and made an attempt to compare.

ichliebekase 02-1-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3409674)
Yeah, I've discussed with jx that one of the main point of appeals is to solve this circular issue, especially if a song is rejected many times based on contradictory opinions. After you feel your file has been juggling around without much progression, despite its merits, you can surely ask jx/myself to look at it. Ultimately, a decision has to be made.

I appreciate all the help on this, especially since it's my first file I'm really trying hard to get in game. I'm sure others [including Dossar] are glad for the help too :]

bmah 02-1-2011 02:22 AM

Random thing I've noticed: people are submitting files that are already available to the public elsewhere. In the future (i.e. subsequent batches after this one), please submit files that you haven't submitted elsewhere such as a simfile database or one of those custom FFR engines...

qqwref 02-1-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3409683)
Random thing I've noticed: people are submitting files that are already available to the public elsewhere. In the future (i.e. subsequent batches after this one), please submit files that you haven't submitted elsewhere such as a simfile database or one of those custom FFR engines...

Good point, we shouldn't be releasing files that a lot of people might already have played, because then fewer people will be interested and want to play them on FFR itself.

jimerax 02-1-2011 02:50 AM

updated queue list and SAP.

still waiting for judge's votes for borderline files (I'll vote later).

bmah 02-1-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3409384)
EDIT:
Oh, one more thing: because I don't have the two seconds of silence in my file, does that mean that I have to resubmit it in the following batch? Or can I add the two seconds and then just hand it to JX/bmah -- the only changes I made in the file were changing the 5 note bursts of drums to three notes/two notes (respectively), and of course the addition of 2 seconds of silence.

Must've missed this. Just resend it to us; it won't be reviewed again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3409692)
still waiting for judge's votes for borderline files (I'll vote later).

In case you missed it:

Quote:

Famicom Selecta: I already judged this
Mysterious Desert: see above :)
Gotta Catch 'em All: yes with small fixes (some guitar not stepped accurately, mostly in 1st half of song; also, if you could somehow deviate from jumpstream and introduce it later via climax theory, that'd be nice too, but I don't mind it as is)
Scavenger: no (PR is terribad - and this is a piano file too, so PR stands out a whole lot more)
Metro: This one's hard to say. This song caters to people who are able to enjoy files of this difficulty, yet it's a legit stepchart. It's like I want to say yes w/fix and no at the same time. I won't give an official opinion on this one. (PASS)

T-Force 02-1-2011 03:59 AM

Holy crap, yes it's in.
A.) Thank you to Jeff who helped me out immensely with this.
B.) I'm shocked at 3 +'s. Even more so than the fact that it's + + ? + .

who_cares973 02-1-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Ive asked people why they do this and they do it because"in case I don't make it in ffr it'll make it here" I've told them to stop but I'm not one to talk :x

kommisar 02-1-2011 04:58 AM

awww yeeaaaaaa let the games begin

potter_rocks_out_loud 02-1-2011 05:00 AM

Anyone know a Good BPM reader, that is free?

kommisar 02-1-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3409668)

Not sure if there was a certain misunderstanding with the resubmission but this doesn't look right. Judges said the patterns were fine, then "bad patterns" came up again. It's contradictory and doesn't make sense.

When i mention patterns need fixes, it's pretty apparent i mean patterns need fixes. Having a burst that's, say, 143123132 is going to be absolutely awful to hit. something that flows a little more or is much easier to read such as 13241324 or 12341234 of course. also a hint: indexable patterns at high speeds are much easier to hit, save for long one handed trills.

potter: look up mixmeister. it's always off by .02 but for static bpm it does the trick most of the time.

Famicom Selecta (D) - pass
Gotta Catch 'em All (SKG_Scintill) - file isn't bad at all, but my judgment still stands. needs more work.
Scavenger (Plan_Bsk81127) - nope read my notes <3
Metro (DossarLX ODI) - my main issue as explained is pattern usage. at a high speed like that with bursts you need something that isn't as aids to read. if anything i'd add this to the conditional cue since it's still a decent file.

MarioNintendo 02-1-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Oops! This mistake won't be made again. Sorry, bmah. Hope it stands as a pardonable offence for the moment!

EDIT: I just realized I can now send 4 files. If I send some files in another email, would that be okay with you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by potter_rocks_out_loud (Post 3409729)
Anyone know a Good BPM reader, that is free?

Try out DDReamstudio (if mixmeister doesns't do the job)! You'll find it easily thanks to Google. It's a powerful tool for BPM variations.

Arch0wl 02-1-2011 05:54 AM

I see you guys loved Energizer. lmfao.

Coolboyrulez0 02-1-2011 06:36 AM

I would like to appeal my [4,4,4,3] Duck Hunt (15/20)

It is technically well layered, and I believe, for the song it is, the funnest it could be.

It follows vocals in the first half/ hihats & drums in the latter.

And it received a 3 from the judge that recieved a quad [-] on his file. (credibility issues)

i love you 02-1-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 3409743)
I see you guys loved Energizer. lmfao.

We still love you though ;) lol

TC_Halogen 02-1-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3409600)
(Summary)

[Borderline Files] (4)
Famicom Selecta (D) - 12+N (4/4/4/N)
Gotta Catch 'em All (SKG_Scintill) - 16 (5/4/2/5)
Scavenger (Plan_Bsk81127) - 16+ (4/5/2/5+)
Metro (DossarLX ODI) - 16 (5/5/1/5)

For Judges: Let's vote for borderline files (Yes/Yes with fix/No).

Famicom: Yes
Gotta Catch 'em All: Yes
Scavenger: Yes
Metro: Yes

EDIT: bmah - sent you my fix for The Crow's Newspaper

customstuff 02-1-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3409659)
[Grades of potential borderline zone]

(A)
16 (5/5/4/2)
16 (5/4/4/3)

(B)
16 (5/5/3/3)
15 (5/5/4/1)
15 (5/4/4/2)

(C)
15 (4/4/4/3)
14 (5/4/4/1)

(D)
14 (4/4/4/2)
14 (5/4/3/2)
14 (4/4/3/3)

So, does this mean my file would be a borderline file? I changed a few little things, but nothing major.

One judge LOVED my file, saying he'd remember it because it was fun and unique with a straight out +

Another said they didn't like a 44433322 pattern, but that it was okay since it was accurate, just his personal thought. That was another +

But then the two others gave +?
Kommi was one of them, and only said one measure where something didn't seem loud enough for jumps.
Silvuh had more to say, but most were personal preference that would no longer make the file as fun.

I did get rid of the jumps like Kommi said, and I changed some of the things Silvuh said that I agreed with.

bmah 02-1-2011 11:51 AM

Appeals are for files you think should go directly in this batch and was bumped off for an unjust reason. If you've made fixes, those are resubmits that'll be looked over next batch.