Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why am I still unranked? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144365)

Arky1101 05-14-2016 10:17 AM

Why am I still unranked?

I have 1452 games played at the moment i'm writing this. I don't understand why is my level still n/a as well as my rank. Can somebody explain to me how this works? I've read somewhere that you have to clear at least 50 songs to get a rank, but I've done that. I got FC on most, do they all have to be AAA or something? I mostly play harder songs that I know I can't get a FC on because they are more fun, so I don't have many songs passed, but its still over 50. Please tell me how this works.

Edit: Literally after I wrote this and played one more game I got my level and rank. I would still like to know how it works tho. Also I have a question about dissapearing of FC on certain songs I know I had FC on. Why does that happen?

Rapta 05-14-2016 10:32 AM

Re: Why am I still unranked?

"Also I have a question about dissapearing of FC on certain songs I know I had FC on. Why does that happen?"

I think you got a score like xxxx.40.0.1.17 and then got a score like xxxx.20.2.0.10

Your FC was an FC but your new score had a better score so it saved the better score and you "lost" the FC title for the song until you get another better FC than your current non FC score that was better than the last FC score.

Arky1101 05-14-2016 10:34 AM

Oh yea... That makes sense. A shame tho, I felt so proud after getting a few of those FCs

SKG_Scintill 05-14-2016 10:36 AM

FCs aren't important

Hakulyte 05-14-2016 10:36 AM

You're currently rank #16,177 (which is considered unranked (?))
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...rname=arky1101

"I think" you're considered "unranked" in the leaderboard because you still have 0 'Tier Points'. (can someone confirm that?)

It seems like you've never visited your own public levelranks as well which I did for you by going here: (you should notice that you have a stats bar in profile now)

Note that you can click "Tier Points" under the stats bar to look at songs that gives you Tier Points, but also for updating it once you get some.

I think the moment you get your first Tier Point, you will get promoted to Tier 0 and start getting your FFR Rank tracked which will give you a number instead of "unranked".

Edit: Do we have some wiki or guide about how this works? I gtg work, but if someone can look that up, it would be nice.

Rapta 05-14-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4432346)
FCs aren't important

Be quiet. When I was a nubcake, the day I started going for FC's was the day I truly started on the path for D7. It means the world to me still, even though it's only in memory now (because I don't play anymore).

edit: maybe not important towards game achievements but important towards personal achievement.

double edit: exhibit A:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky1101 (Post 4432345)
I felt so proud after getting a few of those FCs

Arky1101 05-14-2016 10:48 AM

Thank you very much for the quick answer guys. Especially Hakulyte.

_Zenith_ 05-14-2016 10:59 AM

You are ranked as of what I'm looking at right now (your leaderboards) at 15,453 and Level 14.

I believe you needed x amount of unique plays (not the same song played multiple times) but I forget how much that amount is.

EDIT: Maybe it's x amount of unique and x amount of total songs played, there's a post somewhere on the forums about when skill rating came out with the leaderboards.

EDIT2: Yeah it's that first edit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4315659)
Rank 9 is currently Velocity, and: "Velocity has insufficient games played (< 250 games played and < 50 unique songs passed)" Is this right?

PrawnSkunk 05-14-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4432350)
I believe you needed x amount of unique plays (not the same song played multiple times) but I forget how much that amount is.

EDIT: Maybe it's x amount of unique and x amount of total songs played, there's a post somewhere on the forums about when skill rating came out with the leaderboards.

EDIT2: Yeah it's that first edit

We went away with requiring X amount of unique and total songs played when we introduced Levels, so players could start tracking their progress immediately. Thank you for reminding me to remove that error message.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky1101 (Post 4432343)
I have 1452 games played at the moment i'm writing this. I don't understand why is my level still n/a as well as my rank. Can somebody explain to me how this works? I've read somewhere that you have to clear at least 50 songs to get a rank, but I've done that. I got FC on most, do they all have to be AAA or something? I mostly play harder songs that I know I can't get a FC on because they are more fun, so I don't have many songs passed, but its still over 50. Please tell me how this works.

You can update your rank by visiting your levelranks, or update ranks from the Leaderboard dashboard.

We chose not to update ranks automatically, because the request takes ~15 seconds to process, and would cause significant server load if we recalculated skill rating after every song. There is a better solution to this, and I am trying to do away with manually updating.

Zexlinn 12-23-2018 02:43 PM

i have the same problem

devonin 12-23-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zexlinn (Post 4663278)
i have the same problem

Your scores are updated, they're just level 0 scores at the moment.

SK8R43 12-24-2018 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4432348)
Be quiet. When I was a nubcake, the day I started going for FC's was the day I truly started on the path for D7. It means the world to me still, even though it's only in memory now (because I don't play anymore).

edit: maybe not important towards game achievements but important towards personal achievement.

double edit: exhibit A:

I mean....when i first started, i had no rhythm gaming experience and didnt really care about fcs. I had MAYBE 30 before i started going for aaas. I feel like fcs mean nothing nowadays more than before with raw scoring. Id rather take a sdg with misses than something like 20g fc.
Even to this day i couldnt care less about an fc. Here we go isnt a goal of mine since ive already played it and it isnt worth mashing for fcs haha. Moral of the story, aaas and tier points are all that really matter nowadays. Thats why levels go by top 10 best scores and the closer to the aaa the higher your level.