Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

cedolad 01-30-2011 09:35 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Maybe I'll just put this out there? People will always do shit last minute. No matter what the deadline. If they forget about it, they forget about it, and do it last minute. Duh. So changing the deadline doesn't help at all.

ichliebekase 01-30-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3408598)
lol, I have my reasons why I think this way but no point in defending myself, not like its going to change anything. XD

Edit: Ill mention one benefit of making the notes due earlier, it could help out not having resubmissions overlap into the next batch and have people judge the normal batch and resubmissions. Sure it isnt a lot of files to deal with, but I think it should all be dealt with at one time. Shorten the notes due date, let people see them and get things corrected and resubmitted for a second look before the next batch opens up.

I think this is a pretty good idea. It makes more sense too and it gives all the people who are sending in fixes or who are super anxious to get their files in quicker and not have to wait. Plus, it might keep things more organized so there aren't bunches of new files being mixed with resubmissions.

Plan_Bsk81127 01-30-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3408613)
Gonna try to squeeze in two charts for the next batch...I've got Molto Vivace v2 being worked on, and I started my chart for Cest What (by Terminal11) -- gonna try to me get a REAL 12 in game. :twisted:

lol, you better hope the one submitted in this recent batch doesnt get accepted. :P

i love you 01-30-2011 09:44 PM

I'm actually going to submit four wip files for the next batch as well. Still need to finish up two of them though hehe.

PS: What Plan B said. Kinda gives me the feeling that you didn't like the one submitted into this batch o.o

Ziergdsx18 01-30-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3408613)
Gonna try to squeeze in two charts for the next batch...I've got Molto Vivace v2 being worked on, and I started my chart for Cest What (by Terminal11) -- gonna try to me get a REAL 12 in game. :twisted:

Thank you for the early review notes on my file from you...

MarioNintendo 01-30-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3408588)
I don't think it's so much that people are expecting you to "FINISH FASTER!!!" but that we're anticipating good results (because I doubt you'd send a file to the batch if you didn't expect the judges to like it,) and want to see what they are. Patience is one thing, but it takes some pretty strong determination to not express your excitement.

This.

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 09:49 PM

@ Zier:

I'm stepping the full version - you only stepped a cut. Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna submit this anyway.

EDIT: I also said "real FGO" because Tageri was a contested 11/12 borderline file and I want to make a 12 that's you know...not borderline.

kommisar 01-30-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3408284)
you will get a [-] because you arent a known stepartist. :P

for the record, I never look at usernames while judging files

Next batch so far I'm sending:

Blitz Lunar -Mathsma Attack
Blitz Lunar - Heavenly Spores
S.S.H. - Dance and Zeal
MOSAIC.WAV - Futsuu no uta

and some other song I need to step for ffr

edit finished Musicmaker RX by SHE

i love you 01-30-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3408633)

Next batch so far I'm sending:

Blitz Lunar -Mathsma Attack
Blitz Lunar - Heavenly Spores
S.S.H. - Dance and Zeal
MOSAIC.WAV - Futsuu no uta

and some other song I need to step for ffr

i love you

dore 01-30-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3408633)

me neither, and I really wish people didn't use their cdtitles for ffr stuff lol

As for the whole judging thing, I know it sucks to have to wait but it is pretty legitimate to give people plenty of time. For me, I don't have tons and tons of free time for this sort of thing, so I do it when I can. I got done really quickly this batch, because I had a couple days with very little to do, but if the batch had started a week later, I still might not have it done because of the stuff I've had to do. It's nice to have a reasonable portion of time so that everyone can fit it in whenever possible. I think 3 weeks is plenty if we needed to shorten the time, but I don't think that there is any need to do so, unless we decided to release a file every day or something (which would be oversaturation IMO).

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3408650)
i love you

Stop speaking in third person.

Ziergdsx18 01-30-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3408630)
@ Zier:

I'm stepping the full version - you only stepped a cut. Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna submit this anyway.

EDIT: I also said "real FGO" because Tageri was a contested 11/12 borderline file and I want to make a 12 that's you know...not borderline.

Regardless whether it's a full version or not, it would still count as a v2, and I am positively sure that you wouldn't "Intentionally" leave out the v2 along side the song name in your previous post even IF my file isn't even on the Queue/Conditional Queue.

i love you 01-30-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3408655)
Stop speaking in third person.

I see what you did there ;)

PS: Gonna sig this xD

jimerax 01-30-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 3408654)
me neither, and I really wish people didn't use their cdtitles for ffr stuff lol

ok I'll set this as a submission rule and remove cdtitle gfx from the batch.

Silvuh 01-30-2011 10:21 PM

Eesh, sorry for being (one of the) ones to be waited on again.

I won't judge for the next batch, so I won't make y'all wait for me eeverry time...
I also do gotta get some more time with my own files.

I'm just kinda slow at this. I meant to get this done while I was still at home, but, well, being away from college, I ended up dicking around for a good bit. But I did spend time on files ... But like, in a whole afternoon, I'd only get through two files. Because that's how much time I have to spend on these things when I'm not rushing myself.

I got a good bit done the first week of college. Haven't had much work to do yet. For this last week, I was planning on like trying to get some done each day so I could get it all done in time without having to rush at all... But well uh, I ended up having to do other stuff.
I moved dorms, and I spent most of my non-class time packing and moving and being sore and all that for a few days. Had to be out by Friday. And then I had to do stuff with relatives, because an aunt was visiting from out of town... So everything I didn't get done with my free time during the week I finally got done this weekend.
Sorry I did have to rush a liittle bit....
I don't really have much time on Monday and Wednesday anyway, so, yeah. Doing this now.

Summary:
New,Resub
[+]5,4
[+.]5,2
[+?]4,1
[?]3,0
[-]1,0
[PASS]1 (my file.)

Tried to not let subjectivity affect my ratings. So... Yeah.

TC_Halogen 01-30-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 (Post 3408656)
Regardless whether it's a full version or not, it would still count as a v2, and I am positively sure that you wouldn't "Intentionally" leave out the v2 along side the song name in your previous post even IF my file isn't even on the Queue/Conditional Queue.

My apologies. I happen to like this song a lot, and I wanted to use it for a decently tough chart. If your file gets accepted, then chances are this won't be submitted here to FFR. I'll probably touch it up and use it for an SM release of some sort. For now though, my chart will continue.

who_cares973 01-30-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 (Post 3408656)

your file isnt in any queue yet so he doesnt have to name it v2 because there is no cest what in game

aperson 01-30-2011 10:47 PM

Anyone on the blitz lunar train I just grabbed 12 bar bloops, so b/w me and kommi that's mathsma attack, heavenly spores, and 12 bar bloops that are done.

kommisar 01-30-2011 10:48 PM

all blitz lunar songs accepted in the next batch should be released at once for more pixel love

Ziergdsx18 01-30-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3408683)
your file isnt in any queue yet so he doesnt have to name it v2 because there is no cest what in game

LOL carlos just concentrate on making more sick charts for classic songs cause i feel that your La Campanella file in ffr isnt enough xD