Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Camellia VS S3RL debate thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149857)

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 01:32 PM

Camellia VS S3RL debate thread

I think camellia is definitely better, very few of his songs sound the same, his samples are all of good quality, and he knows how to make interesting songs even without variable BPM.

S3RL on the other hand, while he has some good songs, he sucks at variety. Yeah, he has a few good songs like Candy, R4V3 BOY, and Hentai; but for every one of those, there’s like 5 more songs that are lackluster at best. A lot of S3RL tracks are like TheFatRat, they all sound similar, and I often have trouble telling them apart.

None of these artists are bad, just one is amazing, and one is good.

I want to hear some more varying opinions on the subject

-Tim- 09-12-2018 01:49 PM

Re: Camellia VS S3RL debate thread

I don't know what kind of comparison this is given that Camellia works in a variety of genres while S3RL is a UK hardcore/happy hardcore artist

It doesn't make any sense

riktoi 09-12-2018 01:58 PM

generic anime girl google image search vs generic anime pixiv background

xXOpkillerXx 09-12-2018 02:08 PM

yes

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riktoi (Post 4648380)

Yep

choof 09-12-2018 03:31 PM

I could make massive wall posts about electronic music and how it differs from culture to culture but a tl;dr version is that with most genres of electronic music, unless you're comparing very early releases in said genres, japanese vs non japanese is going to be extremely different.

edit: I just realized that this is in critical thinking lmao we're not talking about artsy fartsy electronic music like ryoji ikeda vs alva noto or music culture in general
remake the thread in cc

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4648389)
I could make massive wall posts about electronic music and how it differs from culture to culture but a tl;dr version is that with most genres of electronic music, unless you're comparing very early releases in said genres, japanese vs non japanese is going to be extremely different.

edit: I just realized that this is in critical thinking lmao we're not talking about artsy fartsy electronic music like ryoji ikeda vs alva noto or music culture in general
remake the thread in cc

Debate threads can go in critical thinking. Any sort of debate can have worth.

gold stinger 09-12-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riktoi (Post 4648380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4648381)
yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4648383)
Yep

C R I T I C A L

T H O N K A N G S

ddr_f4n 09-12-2018 03:54 PM

I don't understand why you want to compare these two specifically.

choof 09-12-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4648391)
Debate threads can go in critical thinking. Any sort of debate can have worth.

this isn't a debate thread, all you said was "camellia good bcuz interdastign s3rl not so good bcuz borign tell me what U think" so there's nothing really to debate. you're just posting an opinion.

if you wanted to make a critical thinking thread about these two artists in the grand scheme of japanese vs non-japanese electronic music then by all means set up a topic for debate. but this is not a critical thinking thread. read the rules and check rule 2, and then read "what makes a good ct thread." this thread specifically breaks rule 2 and then sits firmly in the "poor thread" category

riktoi 09-12-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4648393)
C R I T I C A L

T H O N K A N G S

sorry i was baited by shitposts

anyway what choof said is correct. to have a fitting debate for x artist vs y artist you'd have to at least have two artists that do the same thing, not two artists that have completely different goals and genre choices in general.
with that said, if you really wanna get into like ultra generalisation of said artists yes, there are similarities.
both produce electronic music.
both have similar sounding songs to their other production (note: this applies to basically every single artist ever). camellia has more complex song structure and is nicer to listen to if you want something for stepping LMAO. s3rl again has very similar sounding songs with very comfortable structure so if you like that all power to you. both are nice for listening for different reasons (as long as you don't actually have massive bias towards their genres).

Charu 09-12-2018 04:20 PM

I don't see a reason for a need for this subforum anyways since plenty of debates have been done in good ol' chit chat.

But I suppose this is the place to go if you don't want one liner posts as a response...

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4648397)
this isn't a debate thread, all you said was "camellia good bcuz interdastign s3rl not so good bcuz borign tell me what U think" so there's nothing really to debate. you're just posting an opinion.

You always have to begin a persuasive essay in debate/English classes by introducing both sides. I’m providing my opinion so others can build off it.

Also, what the heck is that even supposed to mean in the quotes? I literally have no idea what you’re trying to say

Mahou 09-12-2018 05:41 PM

This thread/topic is not debateable because your argument is not built on factual information. You’re just appealing to your own personal preference.

I can’t wait till you’re banned. You have not changed.

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4648416)
I can’t wait till you’re banned. You have not changed.

Did you not get the memo that I've been on really low estrogen for the past few days cause my patches aren't working correctly?

Well, maybe people would know if they cared. But since they didn't, they always act like I'm the bad guy.

WELL MAYBE IT'S CAUSE MY MEDICATION DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY, OR ISN'T WORKING CORRECTLY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD, DON'T VIEW IT! I DON'T NEED MORE SHIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW!

I'm distressed enough as it is....

Mahou 09-12-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4648417)
Did you not get the memo that I've been on really low estrogen for the past few days cause my patches aren't working correctly?

Well, maybe people would know if they cared. But since they didn't, they always act like I'm the bad guy.

WELL MAYBE IT'S CAUSE MY MEDICATION DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY, OR ISN'T WORKING CORRECTLY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD, DON'T VIEW IT! I DON'T NEED MORE SHIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW!

I'm distressed enough as it is....

Like I said. I can’t wait until it happens.

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4648418)
Like I said. I can’t wait until it happens.

Good. I don't need your validation anyway. What's one hater compared to 100s of supporters?

Mahou 09-12-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4648419)
Good. I don't need your validation.

Says the one who post their own picture in the “compliment the user up” thread or whatever you called it.

QueenAshy 09-12-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4648420)
Says the one who post their own picture in the “compliment the user up” thread or whatever you called it.

It had nothing to do with insecurity, it was a forum thread idea I copied from osu! forums. It could've been "roast the user above you" and I wouldn't've cared