Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

bmah 02-17-2011 07:18 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3419194)
that's stupid, most color notes are accents or special solos not just a palette swap... that's very nonsensical

Rebound's Witchcraft

who_cares973 02-17-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Cyrenics (Post 3419177)
I didn't know hi19 made a v2 of this song o.o

EDIT: Wait, why does it matter about the damn color, lots of the songs here have colors that don't make sense anyway (FFR, Over the Ocean, CCCP, etc). Way I see it, I'm just adding my own personal touch to something like every other artist.

As for the scheme: I replaced all the reds with whites, kept the main colors. For the two slow parts, I replaced 8ths with pink, 16ths with purple. And in the ending part, I replaced 8ths with cyan, 16ths with green.

And look who's talking Mr. Storm Raid Battle trills. You're no better. c.c

its called syncing thats why songs like ffr, over the ocean CCCP have coloured note sections. we dont just shit colours all over files to make them look pretty(most of the time) and when we do shit out colours we have a reason to do so and we follow a scheme. it isnt just "im going to replace red with white bcuz idunno xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

again the storm raid battle trills were purely for sync and no other reason.

i love you 02-17-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3419198)
Rebound's Witchcraft

oops :<

TC_Cyrenics 02-17-2011 07:28 PM

You know, I don't even care really, it was just an experiment to see the community reaction and I have a perfectly normal version of the file sitting right next to it on my song folder.

PS: Why not just BPM change the crap if you're going for sync, I mean damn, it's like some of those sync jobs you're doing discount dynamic BPMs entirely, AKA FFR.

I honestly think FFR as an example was done to look pretty, due to the low difficulty. The rest I don't really care about, but don't forget that a good portion of those 'sync jobs' could really just be dolling up the file for the appearance factor.

Also, Rainbow Tylenol with rainbow syncing for name-to-color theory anyone?

who_cares973 02-17-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Cyrenics (Post 3419204)
You know, I don't even care really, it was just an experiment to see the community reaction

lmao my ass you dont care. if you didnt care you wouldnt have uploaded the file to kbo to show everyone you're fancy colouring. im so sick of people saying "oh it was just an experiment for blah blah blah" get over it your file didnt receive the reaction you had hoped for from your peers big deal.

Quote:

PS: Why not just BPM change the crap if you're going for sync
because too many bpm changes leads to files being off sync when converted.

Coolboyrulez0 02-17-2011 08:00 PM

I'm with carlos on this. Let me explain you what color notes can/ should be used for:

- Accenting
- Obscure sounds/effects
- Solos
- And obviously to be perfectly on sync (most rock songs/jazz songs/piano songs)
- Experimenting (if you know what you are doing -- clearly, you don't)

Do not:

- lol big blue lets make all notes blue
- rofl color notes to make it colorful
- trololo replace all 4th, 8th, 16th with color notes because "it sounds about right" and is LOL COLORFUL

Color theory is something relatively advance and should be used with caution. I advice you to stay away til you have a few files under your belt.

Also: No need to be butthurt because your file wasn't received as you wished... Happens to all of us. Man up and try again.

Coolboyrulez0 02-17-2011 08:02 PM

Also, whomever breaks these laws shall be sentenced for 6 month in Stepmania exile without parole.

-Barista- 02-17-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3419219)
- lol big blue lets make all notes blue

Pretty Green Onions all green because of St. Patty's Day.
:(

Still sad that that was a no go.

TC_Cyrenics 02-17-2011 08:19 PM

Okay, so if I'm understanding:

Orange/White trill in my Elisha file = syncing = okay.
Storm Raid Battle trills = syncing = okay.
Odd colored bursts in CCCP = sync = okay.
ERB white jacks = successful experiment = okay.
White jumps to express hand patterns in an easy FFR file = expression and playability adjustment = okay.
Grace notes being colored = accent = okay.

Palette swaps = gay = no.
Rainbow rolls in Happy Rainbow = name theory = no.

TC_Halogen 02-17-2011 08:22 PM

People can choose how they want to step certain things. Personally, I like the color idea and it strays away from this horribly mechanical stepping style that everyone seems to deem "correct".

Coolboyrulez0 02-17-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Cyrenics (Post 3419230)
Okay, so if I'm understanding:

Orange/White trill in my Elisha file = syncing = okay.
Storm Raid Battle trills = syncing = okay.
Odd colored bursts in CCCP = sync = okay.
White jumps to express hand patterns in an easy FFR file = expression and playability adjustment = okay.
Grace notes being colored = accent = okay.

Palette swaps = gay = no.
Rainbow rolls in Happy Rainbow = name theory = no.

this is debatable, if it's successfully synced and doesn't affect the gameplay of the file negatively in any way i'd say go for it.
if you would make the whole file in rainbow colors just due to the name, that would be despicable.

And of course, you may feel free to do whatever you wish. I'm just trying to give you a general guideline and my personal opinion.

who_cares973 02-17-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3419232)
I like the color idea

idea is good the execution is horrible though

bmah 02-17-2011 08:25 PM

IMO what I'm seeing here is people having some sort of paradigm into stepping and then adding exceptions to the rule to fit the odd examples that contradict them

e.g. CBR first saying that palette swaps are stupid, and then making an exception by saying "experimenting" is ok - which is what Cy was doing
- there's no such thing as "bad" or "good" experimenting; you're just trying to figure out what's best by experimenting

i love you 02-17-2011 08:27 PM

Not like there's rules on how you can step things anyway. As long as it's accurate and goes with the song, i don't see any problem.

who_cares973 02-17-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Cyrenics (Post 3419230)

ps this wasnt successfull at all pretty much everyone hates the file for those white sections

Coolboyrulez0 02-17-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3419237)
IMO what I'm seeing here is people having some sort of paradigm into stepping and then adding exceptions to the rule to fit the odd examples that contradict them

e.g. CBR first saying that palette swaps are stupid, and then making an exception by saying "experimenting" is ok - which is what Cy was doing
- there's no such thing as "bad" or "good" experimenting; you're just trying to figure out what's best by experimenting

Like i said, i'm just giving generalized guidelines of what I think is appropriate.

1) Experimenting is okay, and recommendable in some cases.
2) Too bad his palette swap experiment would not make a fun file thus failed.

TC_Halogen 02-17-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3419236)
idea is good the execution is horrible though

In this particular case, it wasn't the strongest of ideas, yeah. I just don't want to hear people going NO COLOR TRICKS OR THEMED FILES OSFOMASOFMOAS, haha.

TC_Cyrenics 02-17-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3419239)
ps this wasnt successfull at all pretty much everyone hates the file for those white sections

Not true, that's the only part of the file I personally like. o.o

who_cares973 02-17-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3419238)
Not like there's rules on how you can step things anyway. As long as it's accurate and goes with the song, i don't see any problem.

[font size=authoritative]THERE WILL BE NO VARIATION IN FILES AS LONG AS IM HERE.[/size]

Coolboyrulez0 02-17-2011 08:31 PM

Regardless of what anyone says, keep making files and keep uploading and sharing them with others. As cheesy as it sounds, practice, finding one's stepping style and peer critique makes perfect.