Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

cedolad 02-8-2011 06:48 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3414005)
Then you can re-zip and send me/batch e-mail instead, if it's faster.

Resent for him.

jimerax 02-8-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3414009)
Resent for him.

works fine, thanks

cedolad 02-8-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3414014)
works fine, thanks

When he sent me the folder to zip, it had an underscore in it. Do you think that could've been the problem?

bmah 02-8-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3414015)
When he sent me the folder to zip, it had an underscore in it. Do you think that could've been the problem?

not at all

TC_Halogen 02-8-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3414006)
kyle ward durr

unfortunately, while this is the truth and many people confirm it -- Kyle continuously refuses this fact as an artist (probably as an easter egg to the pad playing communities themselves). Onyx is also Kyle Ward, but he refuses to match up the alias. So, we have to assume as much by the artist.

dore 02-8-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3414006)
kyle ward durr

back in the day we asked kyle ward if his permission included zigzag and he said no as if it were someone else, iirc

cedolad 02-8-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3414017)
not at all

Doesn't make sense, because he was able to send me a .zip and I was able to open it. Maybe something on JX's end then. oh well not too much of a concern for now.

justin_ator 02-8-2011 07:31 PM

PS again, the GraspReality file was intentionally left with the words together, as that was what the mp3 and title on YouTube said...I just kind of assumed it was supposed to be one word. Would you like me to find out?

MarioNintendo 02-8-2011 07:54 PM

I'm wondering. Since I submitted a file that was already in queue from another user (He's a Pirate), but that didn't yet get into FFR, how much does it penalize me? Is my file considered as a v2 (I can't even say if the steps are the same, etc)?

jimerax 02-8-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3414065)
I'm wondering. Since I submitted a file that was already in queue from another user (He's a Pirate), but that didn't yet get into FFR, how much does it penalize me? Is my file considered as a v2 (I can't even say if the steps are the same, etc)?

If your file is queue worthy, we'll determine whether we should use only one of these or both afterwards. Queue'd one won't be released until the finish of judgement most likely.

If it's not queue worthy, your file will just be rejected, no point loss (unless it gets 4 -s or something).

megamon88 02-8-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3414068)
If your file is queue worthy, we'll determine whether we should use only one of these or both afterwards. Queue'd one won't be released until the finish of judgement most likely.

If it's not queue worthy, your file will just be rejected, no point loss (unless it gets 4 -s or something).

I think he meant to say how would the strictness of judging change. :/

MarioNintendo 02-8-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3414074)
I think he meant to say how would the strictness of judging change. :/

Yes, my bad, that's what I was going for. I wouldn't want it to be rejected only for one *ahem* misplaced minijack *ahem*.

bmah 02-8-2011 09:40 PM

Technically, the judging shouldn't be any more strict, but I know that there will invariably be present bias that would affect the judging.

If a file has already been added to the game, then another file of the same song would be considered a v2 and the judging would be stricter. But since that song hasn't been added yet and is still waiting in the queue, it is ultimately tentative - judging should be on an equal level. Prepare to be disappointed if this isn't exactly the way it goes though.

cedolad 02-8-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3414120)
Technically, the judging shouldn't be any more strict, but I know that there will invariably be present bias that would affect the judging.

If a file has already been added to the game, then another file of the same song would be considered a v2 and the judging would be stricter. But since that song hasn't been added yet and is still waiting in the queue, it is ultimately tentative - judging should be on an equal level.

Keep in mind that there will be different judges.

MarioNintendo 02-8-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3414121)
Keep in mind that there will be different judges.

I consider my chances of around 17% for that file.

jimerax 02-8-2011 11:28 PM

At least there's no rule/criterion that judges should be stricter on v2 files now.

depends on judges though.

who_cares973 02-9-2011 04:26 AM

I don't get why a v2 would be judged stricter than a v1

who_cares973 02-9-2011 09:29 AM

That's the general rule.

championanwar 02-9-2011 11:06 AM

All this time you guys post here, you could be doing better things like I dunno, stepping music by a certain person :cool: