Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

TC_Halogen 08-28-2012 10:48 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions OPEN)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3757304)
um, FFR All-Stars was an alias coined by people from C6 (because at the time we were all stepping Tenimuhou within the group)

More the reason to keep the particular people involved as "FFR All-Stars" rather than forcing that name on everyone who wants to make a collaborative effort, no?

00Razor00 08-28-2012 10:57 PM

sounds reasonable ^

ninjaKIWI 08-28-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3757366)
I may not entirely understand what you exactly want to say but,

even for collab files, simfile artist's name should be set in some way (shouldn't be anonymous). and the link is automatically assiciated with the profile page of that account name.

and yeah some people may make a random account and submit the file via that name as if this person made the file, and we may not be able to notice this. This case is the same thing as submitting files via alt account, and it should be officially forbidden. These will be changed and they will get some penalties when we notice it (I don't see the merit for them to do these kind of things anyway, though).

I... really don't see the problem with submitting files on alt accounts, so long as the stepauthor specifies their main account in the email or something.

jimerax 08-28-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3757386)
I... really don't see the problem with submitting files on alt accounts, so long as the stepauthor specifies their main account in the email or something.

Yeah no problem in that case, and the main account will be credited.

Also, I think letting all collab makers make an arbitary account name as their group name will cause management issues since those are basically alt accounts, and cause confusion as well (some people want to know who are the actual stepper). 3-4 or less (the amount not giving bad effect on the game or song list). If collab file (by 4+) informations are integrated in one account, it's a lot easier for us to manage.

As for the name of "FFR-All Stars", I'm not sticking to it if there're many adverse opinions, can be different one that sounds more official.

Group name system can be available if the database can handle "group name" option, until then I don't see enough merits over demerits honestly.

leonid 08-28-2012 11:15 PM

lol I was planning to submit something didn't know deadline is today well whatever

ninjaKIWI 08-28-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3757391)
Yeah no problem in that case, and the main account will be credited.

But, what's the problem with crediting the alt account? You know their main account, so it isn't like they're bypassing the file cap or anything.

bmah 08-28-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3757393)
bypassing the file cap or anything.

Well I think that IS the main problem with crediting alt accounts. There's the potential to take advantage of the cap system, and it's a bother to keep track of all these alt accounts as well (not to mention that you can't expect everyone to explicitly state their alts; some might send a file in as an alt without any notice - and we're not going to constantly try to sort out who's a new stepper and who's just an alt).

Niala 08-28-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3757393)
But, what's the problem with crediting the alt account? You know their main account, so it isn't like they're bypassing the file cap or anything.

It could easily become confusing for people who are looking to get into the stepping community to figure out who's who if somebody has 20 files in-game each under a different name. Imagine trying to contact that person if you don't know which name to contact them on; or imagine trying to properly credit a given artist when they have more than one name to constantly sort through; or imagine if people aren't directly telling you which ones are alts of theirs; or imagine if people try to bypass the simfile cap by using alt accounts; or imagine do I really need to keep posting more reasons of why this is a bad idea?

ohp bmah beat me to it

dore 08-29-2012 12:37 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

as long as there's no proof of abuse of the system, there shouldn't be any problem with alt accounts. if joeblow1234 submits a file and it turns out joeblow1234 is kommi and kommi didn't bypass his submission cap with that submission, who cares what username it's under?

bmah 08-29-2012 01:10 AM

I'd rather not deal with constantly trying to discover who's who. Keep it simple, I say.

Xx{Midnight}xX 08-29-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 3757428)
as long as there's no proof of abuse of the system, there shouldn't be any problem with alt accounts. if joeblow1234 submits a file and it turns out joeblow1234 is kommi and kommi didn't bypass his submission cap with that submission, who cares what username it's under?

That's a lot to keep track of but assuming the ones who'd have to keep track don't mind, I as well see no (other) problems with this.

dore 08-29-2012 02:15 AM

I feel like most internet detectives figure out that sort of stuff anyway and nobody would really want to send a file under a legit pseudonym to bypass the system and everyone who would want to do that would either (a) suck at stepping or (b) be good enough to have SAP to send in a lot of files anyway

#runons

bmah 08-29-2012 02:22 AM

we all know what happens when we try to rely on people's good faith on this site

not everyone's a good, old honest guy or gal

Wayward Vagabond 08-29-2012 03:56 AM

Hi19 would try to abuse the sap system

Fun fact visd mi40 darkzstar FFR pro 21 are all hi19 alts

Rebirth0 08-29-2012 03:59 AM

hmm I want to step another Disturbed song but they're all terrible for simfiles. Anybody have suggestions for Disturbed songs to step?

Choofers 08-29-2012 04:30 AM

10,000 fists

Rebirth0 08-29-2012 04:37 AM

I'd love to do Ten Thousand Fists, but I can't see a very interesting simfile for it.

I think I've decided on Stricken and Asylum though

Wayward Vagabond 08-29-2012 04:48 AM

Stupify

I'll do stupify

Reshiram 08-29-2012 09:47 AM

Crap. I friggin'... sent the wrong version of Purple Comet. :/

hi19hi19 08-29-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3757489)
Hi19 would try to abuse the sap system

Fun fact visd mi40 darkzstar FFR pro 21 are all hi19 alts

Fun fact everyone is me except you
I have over 1.8 million multiple personalities that all talk to each other in a totally natural fashion on the internet

You're all alone Carlos

ALL ALONE