Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   rap is music, technically (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151635)

Dinglesberry 01-9-2020 10:38 PM

rap is music, technically

sunfan told me to make this thread

while it fits the technical definition of music I don't really consider it music there's probably not enough pitch for me to call it music

I'll readily admit that I haven't heard a lot of rap (because it's not really the kind of music I listen to) so I could just be listening to bad rap

sunfan seemed to think I would be crucified for posting this here, interested in yalls takes

Dinglesberry 01-9-2020 10:40 PM

Re: rap is music, technically

ban the account of someone whos too afraid to speak their "opinion" on their main (MixMasterRacism), not the thread

the sun fan 01-9-2020 10:44 PM

you should recheck the last post of the old thread, Dingles

Dinglesberry 01-9-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4707153)
you should recheck the last post of the old thread, Dingles

thats literally why i made this lol

the thread was fun

Not devonin 01-9-2020 10:49 PM

I'm a little lost why the thread stayed open through all the off topic non-ct stuff, and then got closed after MixMasterRacism without MixMasterRacism also eating a ban, but here we are.

Dinglesberry 01-9-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4707155)
I'm a little lost why the thread stayed open through all the off topic non-ct stuff, and then got closed after MixMasterRacism without MixMasterRacism also eating a ban, but here we are.

im lost as to why he would want a god tier thread locked but eh, i aint gonna request this to be locked tho

Funnygurl555 01-9-2020 11:02 PM

i don't think it's fair to call people racist for not believing rap is music. like that's a big snowball

we all have subconscious racial prejudices; it's just more obvious in some than in others. but unless that prejudice becomes discrimination, what are y'all tryna do by attacking him that way? especially if someone like mml is tryna have a real talk in the thread with you guys?

do i agree with mml's points? no. do i respect him any less? also no. the same should go for anyone who doesn't readily accept rap as music but explains their views without denigrating a certain racial group.

i shoulda been more vocal in the actual thread, but i didn't expect what happened to happen. also i feel like most of us know who made that alt. c'mon dude, you didn't have to do that.

Charu 01-9-2020 11:09 PM

Every single day, stress comes in every way
I ain't got no time for nobody
My style is rich, dope phat in which
We'll make a cake today that looks rich

Sky Kitten 01-9-2020 11:11 PM

MixMasterRacism was banned following his posts on the previous thread and his name.

I locked the other one because it was requested by the OP. This one is going to be locked as well. Please do not create further new ones. Consider this a warning.