Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150022)

inDheart 10-22-2018 04:45 PM

Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651978)
oh god I wasn't saying that I was saying something else

firstly, that's a level of evil brilliance I hope to someday achieve

but in response to your follow-up post, you know its not a partner save because I wouldn't tell you that both the town and wolf power roles don't take effect until after this day phase has finished

LOL

also itt inD reveals he didn't fully read things. i read that no kills could happen during twilight and went "ok so like anything else can happen right"

inDheart 10-22-2018 05:07 PM

kind of roundbox waiting room on where he was going with that thing

beyond that i'd rather lynch someone lacking moreso than playing but playing on my phone always gives me the brain capacity of a goldfish

inDheart 10-22-2018 05:20 PM

while i'm here, the reason i gave the original mml read was bc his updating the thread on his irl movements seemed to be heading off people pressing him for stupid activity based reasons ahead of time and that felt like a fit for his character

roundbox 10-22-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651960)
read the OP and tell me you think its a good idea given what we know the wolves can do

is what I would say if you didn't read the OP

but you read the OP

you know what the wolves can do

so why do you think talking about this kind of thing could ever have any benefit?

people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
it's an inevitability at this point

roundbox 10-22-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651970)
fwiw I'm pretty sure that there is marginally more to this whole thing with Pearl not playing this particular game than meets the eye.

on anti-pearl's end or other players' ends?

the sun fan 10-22-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651989)
people not being mongoloids and openly strategizing whether they'll take the power or not? why wait for it to happen and then scream at the person for doing it?

I swear people will never agree with me on any sort of strategy in a mystery game ever
it's an inevitability at this point

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok

yeah then its fine but don't tell me to fight you when I did what you asked????

the sun fan 10-22-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651990)
on anti-pearl's end or other players' ends?

I object to the form of the question.
I'm not trying to be an ass here sorry.

roundbox 10-22-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4651957)
because it just arrived at "what we do every game"

also sry for what may be spamposting bc my laptop is f u c k e d

it's different in the fact that people can opt to receive a power or not

the only diminishing returns that are possible asking for more powers are:
1) weaker powers in large quantities
2) if wolves guess number of roles within 1, half of the roles get sabotaged

I would say that this is different than "what we do every game" easily
not to mention most people shot it down and defaulted to the "what we do every game" mindset

roundbox 10-22-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651991)
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok

yeah then its fine but don't tell me to fight you when I did what you asked????

I thought you didn't like my comparison of this to the prisoner's dilemma

roundbox 10-22-2018 05:35 PM

mmmmmmmmmwayward vagabond

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:05 PM

Man coming back to only 3 additional pages is so amazing and awesome why did I ever complain about activity

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 4651808)
mixmasterlar

You are being pretty forward, trying to start posting before day phase even began, bringing up inactivity quickly and making calls about it. It may just be that you are eager to play, but, to me you seem a bit jumpy and it makes you seem more like a wolf than anyone else currently.

This is a sexy read I mindmelded with.

Charu 10-22-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4651997)
Man coming back to only 3 additional pages is so amazing and awesome why did I ever complain about activity

Would you like me to step it up a notch!?

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651947)
stop withholding your vote on d0 you big nerd
what would Kareem Abdul Jabbar have to say, eh?

also that was silly size 1 text

Man I didn’t know Kareem Abdul jabbar wrote nike’s Slogan!

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651963)
this is just really fast for writing off Pearl

not that I think that Pearl will come back or anything its just

I'm surprised that no one is fighting to give Pearl a chance I guess

I was surprised because normally I think you're one of the people to do that inD

I like sunfan because it’s super easy to ostracize an inactive and blow a whole day phase.

Do some real detective work birches.

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4651999)
Would you like me to step it up a notch!?

God NO.

DarkManticoreX2 10-22-2018 06:19 PM

Things Manti thinks currently

MML bad
Ind bad
Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
Sytho good

That is all the things I think.

Precarious 10-22-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651881)
Either way, the prisoner's dilemma goes something like this:

Two prisoners are brought in for a crime they committed together. They're taken to separate cells and questioned individually. For fun, let's call them prisoner Apple and prisoner Banana.
The cop on their case tells them that they have two options: they can confess or keep quiet. If both Apple and Banana confess, they'll both serve 5 years. If Apple confesses but Banana keeps quiet, Apple will serve 2 years and Banana will serve 15 years (and vice versa). If they both stay quiet, they serve 10 years.

What decision is the best? Sell out your partner and get less time if they keep quiet? Is it worth risking 10 years to stay true to your teammate, or do you lack trust?

This relates to taking the power at night vs not taking it. Are you confident enough in your own abilities to make whatever power you get work best for you? Or do you think too many people will take the option of potentially selling out their teammates if too many take it?

I think this is an internal decision; too much open planning benefits the wolves since they can sabotage us with some pretty easy accuracy (especially later in the game, holy fuck).
I'm open for discussion on this since this is better quashed earlier than later.

Roundbox switched around a couple of the numbers, but I think everyone gets the gist of the prisoner's dilemma (or could look it up). The thing is, in the archetypal prisoner's dilemma, you know the stakes and potential outcomes. There are only two people, and the possible outcomes of talking/silence are easy to follow. Here, we have a whole host of players all operating independently, not all of whom are aligned. Not only is it impossible to predict who requests blue roles, but we don't have a # = effect chart as far as I know. Ultimately, I think this will have to be a “make your own decision” sort of thing.

That's particularly true since roundbox's conclusion is on point. Even in a normal game it can be difficult to plan anything publicly without allowing the wolves the potential to interfere; it's heightened with no card flips. But the wolves' guessing power pretty much rules out coordinating our greed. The logic and risks of discussion can be revisited each day—it's possible some future circumstance could incentivize group planning. I just have trouble imagining what that might be.

Precarious 10-22-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4651877)
I would say we should treat Anti-Pearls slot as a whatever slot and just lynch them, but that's me going too meta and ignoring that they're still in the game in the first place (they would've been replaced by now as per host statement in Twilight Phase).

If nothing has activated yet, then there's no mechanical restriction to Anti-Pearl not posting. That they haven't been replaced is odd.

MixMasterLar 10-22-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4651940)
ok mml i see how it is

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4651953)
What's wrong with discussing setup elements, lar? I'm confused why you have a negative oponion on me (not that I was expecting you to view me positively or null or w/e)

1 talk of the setup in mystery games mostly benefits wolves.

2 padded post that is unchararistic coming from someone who normally doesn't do a whole lot on d0 because there's no information. Also I see your plan as silly and frankly, beneath what I'd expect from you. SunFan says it much more politely then I could:
Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4651960)
read the OP and tell me you think its a good idea given what we know the wolves can do

is what I would say if you didn't read the OP

but you read the OP

you know what the wolves can do

so why do you think talking about this kind of thing could ever have any benefit?

Yeah, so that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4651998)
This is a sexy read I mindmelded with.

You like uh, read my posts lover boy?
Because that was a pretty bad read with really bad reasoning that didn't hold up.

Feel like you 're being lazy here with your read on me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 (Post 4652005)
Things Manti thinks currently

MML bad
Ind bad
Sunfan good or sunfan+pearl bad or sunfan wolf!defending town! Pearl for cred
Sytho good

That is all the things I think.

So why is,InD bad in your words? And what are you saying about SunFan? Actually just why any of this.