Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   coming out (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129633)

moches 03-29-2013 09:41 AM

coming out

I have been attracted to men for as long as I can remember: since I was seven, probably. The first memory I have of me...masturbating (oh, fuck, this is embarrassing) was related to a male figure. Anyway, the bottom line is, I'm bisexual/possibly gay. Have been for as long as I can remember and that wasn't a choice for me. Ever.

But I live in hyper-conservative Korea, with two hyper-conservative parents who just had this exchange watching Spartacus:

Quote:

Mom: Ugh, they're gays?
Dad: Yeah, obviously (tone of disgust).
Mom: Ew, what is this show?
You can imagine why I haven't come out to my family yet.

But today, for the first time in my life, I talked with a few trusted friends about this. It felt amazing to finally have somebody know and not have to hide my sexuality from them, honestly. The best part was that everybody was amazingly chill about it. Nobody was even very surprised and everybody was quite supportive.

I don't know why I'm making this thread, really. I just wanted to share my experiences, maybe hear from other people, and get some thoughts/advice about coming out. Should I even bother coming out? Other than that whole, you know, hating gays problem, my parents and I have a very tight bond and I'm at a complete loss how I can get them to even begin to understand me.

moches 03-29-2013 09:41 AM

Re: coming out

god fuck I've never revealed this much about myself on the Internet why

MyRoseTearsBlood 03-29-2013 09:44 AM

It's okay bro ;)

Ksl33zy24 03-29-2013 09:53 AM

'Tsall okay to me as well. (: I'm not dealing with what you are going through, but I know that revealing truths about yourself is a very hard thing to do.

psychoangel691 03-29-2013 09:55 AM

You don't even have to worry about it here man. One thing I can give this community is they are supportive of this. Look back to flipsta's thread. You just have to do what's going to make you happy regardless if your family is on board. Sucks that more parents aren't supportive though :/

DarknessXoXLight 03-29-2013 10:02 AM

Eeek, I wish I knew what kind of advice to give but I've got nothing. :c My mom isn't the most accepting parent either. But good luck to you with whatever you choose to do, I hope your decision brings you happiness.

iCeCuBEz v2 03-29-2013 10:05 AM

being bi makes you more open to a whole world of sexual exploration imo.

saying nothing about myself nothing at all. ;)

A2P 03-29-2013 10:09 AM

I hope that one day, you can open up to your parents when international gay rights are more widely pronounced. Best of luck!

Izzy 03-29-2013 10:10 AM

Everyone is probably a little bit bisexual. Why limit yourself to half the population?

Wayward Vagabond 03-29-2013 10:20 AM

Everyone is bisexual some just swing more to one side than others

Niches step your parents a file and show them how you feel through art

kommisar 03-29-2013 10:26 AM

hah this is awesome.

100% support mocher

MAYBE THAT'S WHY YOU STEPPED CHER

Zyphoror 03-29-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3886683)

Lmfao

Don't worry about it at all, hope all goes well for you~ :')

Tarrik 03-29-2013 10:28 AM

Good luck with everything man, hope things don't get too tough.

Mourningfall 03-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3886667)
Should I even bother coming out? Other than that whole, you know, hating gays problem, my parents and I have a very tight bond and I'm at a complete loss how I can get them to even begin to understand me.

Really depends what you're looking to get out of this, if you just want to be comfortable with who you are and you honestly feel getting it all out in the open will help, I say go for it. You're parents may not be immediately understanding, but they won't love you any less.

TC_Halogen 03-29-2013 10:37 AM

It's really difficult to feel right about admission of something like this when you know that your parents are so strongly opposed to it. Some people are so closed-minded...

Personally, I'll never judge someone if they are passionate towards someone of the same sex, and I won't ever feel ashamed if I gain an attraction to another male either.

FissionMailed1 03-29-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

In mines, write:
I

L
O
V
E

M
E
N
!

But seriously, I hope everything works out alright between you and your parents mochers. Best of luck to ya, bud!

rushyrulz 03-29-2013 10:50 AM

No worries, man. Your secret is safe with this community. There are at least 8 openly gay members (and a few that are not so open) on FFR including myself and nobody gives any of us shit about it. Coming out to your parents is a whole new ball game, though. I'm sure my parents would be pretty accepting if I came out to them, but it is still a hurdle I've yet to jump over since I've heard stories of people close to me in my real life that came out to their parents and it didn't go so well..

Anyways, best of luck, moches. Thank you for being so open with us :).

EDIT: for what it's worth, it is a huge part of life and I don't really feel like I started living until I started coming out to people. So it is a very good thing that you're starting to come out to more people.

Ksl33zy24 03-29-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Everyone is bisexual some just swing more to one side than others

mmm, maybe it's just me, but I don't think "'everyone' is bisexual".

But, yeah, it's all good here, I believe. :)

moches 03-29-2013 11:11 AM

the support from everybody here has been heads and tails above what I was expecting. thank you all so much. I'll try and reply to everything posted here after some sleep, but I just want to let everybody know how much I appreciate all of your understanding.

reptile3141 03-29-2013 11:13 AM

Never feel ashamed for the feelings you have. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and you definitely have my support! In regards to your parents, man, that sucks so hard :( I know flipsta had a huge thread similar to this you might want to check out. Best of luck to you, bro!