Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Choofers 01-31-2012 12:56 AM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3628089)
okay too late, i'm going to bed and i'll observe the fallout tomorrow

(。-ω-)zzz

(t¬t)/~~~サヨナラ・・・オヤスミナサイ・・

Anaru 01-31-2012 01:01 AM

NOTES ARE UP OMG

wait where's my file

*nervous laugh*

Ziergdsx18 01-31-2012 01:02 AM

sCK batch

beddo

YoshL 01-31-2012 01:03 AM

lmao that picture

my file :')

rushyrulz 01-31-2012 01:04 AM

13/15 what do I win :F

krunkykai22 01-31-2012 01:07 AM

damn! straight 8's on ichlie and my file :P woot

bmah 01-31-2012 01:14 AM

Notes are finally posted.

Because AJ and Kayla did not submit their notes, there are only three judges in group 1 compared to five judges in group 2. Haven't figured how to even this out yet...

(there's a possibility that if the situation remains this way, individual reviews in group one will have more weight than those in group 2, simply due to the number of reviews per song)

iironiic 01-31-2012 01:18 AM

Straight 7's except one 8 by brodda <3

Not too bad, but I guess cutting the song would be a good idea haha.

I'm assuming the cutoff will be at 7. If anything, this will fall under conditional queue.

DossarLX ODI 01-31-2012 01:18 AM

Yesss satanic unicorn orgy

hi19hi19 01-31-2012 01:21 AM

So much hate on my heavy layering in THE LITTLE MERMAID and Head Banger... at least megamon got it <3

Why don't you guys like hands!?
I think Grocery Escape Plan is one of the most fun files in FFR. It fits the intensity of the music, **** hyper-technical stepmania professor layering theory, it's FUN to mash keys
I'll probably rework Head Banger to be the shitty generic piece of crap file everyone seems to want and it'll get in fine then nobody will ever play it because you guys wanted a shitty generic piece of crap instead of something different and fun...
I AINT MAD OR ANYTHING

Other than that, honestly nothing I disagree with too much. I'll look at it more specifically later, I really need to go to bed lol

Anaru 01-31-2012 01:22 AM

Station 77 : 7, 5, 3, 3, 7
Tequila : 8, 5, 8, 4, 7

wow my ratings are all over the place.

bmah 01-31-2012 01:24 AM

It appears that I fail to make easy to semi-easy files. When I try to do so, they don't get good reviews apparently. I guess easy songs from me will have to wait a bit longer. This is like the third time I've failed to sucessfully add easy songs to my FFR resume.

rushyrulz 01-31-2012 01:28 AM

I fixed the stuff that bmah told me to can I pretty plz at least get conditional :O <3 lol

YoshL 01-31-2012 01:28 AM

excite bike 6 ROFLJEFF<3 6
coffin 7 9 7
press start 8 7 5(kommi) 6 8
super mario 8 5(luis) 7 7 7

definitely hoping for coffin, press start and super mario to get in .-.

Anaru 01-31-2012 01:33 AM

I have a question! What happens to files that have ratings all over the place?

Got some 8's and 4's :P

bmah 01-31-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaru (Post 3628121)
I have a question! What happens to files that have ratings all over the place?

Got some 8's and 4's :P

We'll see! The final grades will be after all scores are standardized. In regards to acceptance, consider the scores you're seeing now as tentative.

Choofers 01-31-2012 01:57 AM

what about my half

7 7 8 8

obviously I'm fixing what was mentioned (to judges, the original sm file had mines during the blank part that said "LETS HAVE SEX OK")
blank part I'm stepping the strings, that little easy part I'm keeping as-is (in terms of layering (or lack of))

00Razor00 01-31-2012 03:17 AM

I love kjwkjw so much right now. :')

yay for 2nd file on FFR

7-7-7-7-8

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-31-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3628132)
what about my half

7 7 8 8

obviously I'm fixing what was mentioned (to judges, the original sm file had mines during the blank part that said "LETS HAVE SEX OK")
blank part I'm stepping the strings, that little easy part I'm keeping as-is (in terms of layering (or lack of))

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3628147)
I love kjwkjw so much right now. :')

yay for 2nd file on FFR

7-7-7-7-8

Congrats guys.

I can't say I'm close to happy with a certain review I got, but other than that I think I'm going in the right direction. Hopefully the next batch is the charm right?

Nullifidian 01-31-2012 03:34 AM

I'm ok with most batch notes but I would like to request a second opinion on I Say No, because I feel that that file shouldn't get these kind of ratings. I've had multiple people test the file, respectable simfile artists, and they thoroughly enjoyed the simfile and its structure and even said it was the best out of the batch of files I sent.

Code:

bmah
I Say No / _.Spitfire._
rating: 7/10 [+.]
- I can see that you did a lot to reduce the repetitiveness in the patterns as much as possible, but repetitiveness is something you can't avoid in this song. There are places in which you can still reduce
repetition via gradual climaxing. In the very beginning for instance, you can start off with jumps on every second 4th note instead of every 4th. You can eventually add jumps to every 4th later on.
- my only problem with this file is that the middle part is too heavily-layered with hands and jumps; you're also probably doing this to keep things interesting, but you should try to -at least- tone down
the section at 114.92-135.85s. Overstepping with jumps reduces the relevency of PR and tends to produce jacky patterns.
- Summary: You cut this song nicely, but you can still do a bit to reduce the repetition. More importantly, the middle needs to be toned down.

I agree with your critiques on repetetiveness and will use some gradual climaxing for parts that you mentioned, but what I don't agree with is the point of hand usage. Imo the hands work perfect as climax theory for this file and I've noticed in your past reviews that you're really biased against hands.

Code:

Niala
I Say No
The file was awesome up until measure 83. After that it was just... blech, if you're going to do that, at least only put the hands on every second quarter note, with the big snare/kick/whatever sound comes,
not hand-jump-hand-jump. It becomes particularly ridiculous once you add the 16ths. [+.] 6/10

Sounds like personal preference to me

Code:

iironiic
I Say No – 5/10 (Spitfire)
Woah… this file is too overstepped and too repetitive. Way too many hands and jumps to the point where I can’t follow what you are mapping. Sorry, but I say no ;_;

Sounds like personal preference to me on the overstepping. Repetetiveness I can agree to to an extent, but not enough to warrant a 5.
If you can't follow what I'm mapping, I am not sure if that is my simfile's fault...

Honestly, these reviews ooze of hand bias. Hands are not a bad thing, but a few judges treat them as if hands are a big taboo. Some of the most played files on stepmania have tons of hands. The hands are the main concept of I Say No.

Code:

kommi
NaiNai 69 (6/10)

-sync is very late (-.04)
-Pretty simple file to follow. disappointing that you didn't step the whole song though. cut seems too short

The sync issue is probably an issue on your end, because this happened before with a file of mine while it was on sync for everyone else. I hope you didn't deduct points cause of this.

Yeah I would've liked to step the full thing but previous batches I've got lots of shit about it being too long.

Code:

iironiic
Jasmine (Helikaon vs. Ephexis Camelrape Remix) – 6/10 (Spitfire)
File’s a little too repetitive with the JS and the hands in the beginning were a little too much. Not a bad file though!

An 8/10, a 9/10, and a 6. ok
You're awfully strict with ratings even though there are not much problems that you can mention other than personal preference issues, iironiic.