Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   A Birthday Brawl (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=106644)

norsegod666 02-23-2009 08:36 AM

A Birthday Brawl

It is imperative That you read this first post so you understand how this will run.

This is going to be my first tourney I am hosting on FFR; however, I have run several gaming tourneys as a part of a club while I was in high school. This should give me enough experience to be able to run this tourney.

This is going to be a gamewhoring tourney. Each person will have 4 chances to win when it is over. The ways to win are broken down as follows:
1. Lowest Overall Rank/Highest Grandtotal

2. Lowest Average Rank

3. Highest Number of AAAs

4. Highest Number of Tier Points

This tourney will start at Midnight EST on 28 March 2009 and end at Midnight EST on 29 March 2009. To signup, leave a post in this thread. Once you have signed up you will need to create a new account using the following format:
NRS_your username
I have talked to Tass about these accounts once this tourney is finished. They will be banned/deleted. This is to ensure that there is no confusion that these were for a tourney and are not tags for a new team/clan. Before the tournament starts this account is not allowed to have any stats. PERIOD!(Thanks EAG)

Once the tourney is over you MUST supply two(2) screenshots. The first will be the bottom of your level ranks screen. Here is an example:

The second screenshot is of your tier point stats. Example:

This will give me all he information I need to determine the winners. This is the proper format for a submission. You must show the start menu button and clock in the screenshot or your submission will not count.

You can only win one part of this tourney. If you have the highest in two
(2) sections I will give you the win for the harder of the two(2). I will determine the requirements of a tie-breaker if/when the time presents itself but it will regard the section it is breaking the tie in.

PRIZES!!!
This is what you all want to know. As of right now the winner of each section will recieve 50k credits. That is a total pot of 200k. Donations are gladly accepted and will be distibuted properly. If you donate I will give you credit for your donation.

If you have any questions you can PM me or leave it in your post and I will address your question ASAP.

Current Participants:

Ziergdsx18
cedolad
revolutionomega?
foilman8805
LONEvvolf
Zybanthia
tangomango
V.!.P.gUrL CryYstal
Bolth Mannn
-zeroSKILL-
Redorigami
Bangcrashboom
Plan_Bsk81127
Xx{Midnight}xX
bob bob
AOD_ELEMENT
WindowsVista

Sprite- 02-23-2009 12:09 PM

Re: A Birthday Brawl

Approved. I want to participate, but I don't have the time =/
Also, why would you not start this on a weekend???

norsegod666 02-23-2009 12:36 PM

Well the 26th is my actual birthday but I will push it to the 28th.

Ziergdsx18 02-23-2009 12:45 PM

I'm in

cedolad 02-23-2009 01:18 PM

Sounds interesting...I should have the time to do this. In.

revolutionomega 02-23-2009 03:54 PM

~team fail~!

foilman8805 02-23-2009 04:09 PM

I definitely like this idea (it was already a GWC too)...but are there any kind of divisions with this?

I'm not gonna play if EA or TeRa or someone like that is going to join and just wreck the website for twenty four hours. I don't suck at this game, but I'd have absolutely no chance. Most of us would stand little chance.

Just curious.

L0NEvvolf 02-23-2009 04:13 PM

Sure I will try to do it however I will forget about it like every other one unless I am reminded lol

Zybanthia 02-23-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 2989571)
I definitely like this idea (it was already a GWC too)...but are there any kind of divisions with this?

I'm not gonna play if EA or TeRa or someone like that is going to join and just wreck the website for twenty four hours. I don't suck at this game, but I'd have absolutely no chance. Most of us would stand little chance.

Just curious.

The interesting part about this tournament is who will have the best combination of dedication and skill. EAG and TeRa may be gods, but they won't necessarily play as much as needed to win. They may have something going on then, or may just not be interested.

Anyway... put my name on the list. This sounds fun and I have nothing better to do than to sit around from 10 to 10 and blast through a new account anyway. I may or may not do it anyway.

norsegod666 02-23-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 2989571)

Just curious.

First off, this is just a giant free-for-all.

Secondly, each person can only win 1 event. If EAG or TeRa were to join then, assuming they do whore the game for 24 hours, they would only be able to take 2 of the prizes, most likely TP and AAA. This still leaves Avg Rank and Grandtotal still up for grabs. I hope this answers your questions.

foilman8805 02-23-2009 06:06 PM

Okay, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.

When's the deadline for signing up?

norsegod666 02-23-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 2989695)
Okay, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.

When's the deadline for signing up?

Well I would need to say 27 March 2009 2200 EST. That should provide ample time for each participate to create their account.

I will remind everybody about creating a new account once signups are over.

tangomango 02-23-2009 06:19 PM

I might try this, I'm not sure if I have the time to whore FFR for a whole day though.

Also, are you allowed to transfer credits to the new NRS account if you are going for something like lowest average rank or highest AAA count?

norsegod666 02-23-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangomango (Post 2989718)
I might try this, I'm not sure if I have the time to whore FFR for a whole day though.

Also, are you allowed to transfer credits to the new NRS account if you are going for something like lowest average rank or highest AAA count?

I don't see why not.

EAG just brought something to my attention. Every NRS account MUST have 0 stats before the tournament officially starts.

V.!.P.gUrL CryYstal 02-23-2009 10:58 PM

I'm in :D

Bolth mannn 02-23-2009 11:03 PM

in :)

ill probably only go for the average rank part though.

so on the 28th...everyone whores those 4 categories, and the top 4 in each category win? is that how it works?

norsegod666 02-23-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 2990152)
in :)

ill probably only go for the average rank part though.

so on the 28th...everyone whores those 4 categories, and the top 4 in each category win? is that how it works?

Yep thats how it works.

-zeroSKILL- 02-23-2009 11:18 PM

**** MY LIFE!

I work Saturdays D:

I would've owned this tourney too oh well =/

sign me up anyways... If I'm lucky I'll have the day off due to weather or something ._.

NekoGon 02-23-2009 11:59 PM

This is a great idea(Tier Points tourney is :twisted: and is probably the most fun out of all the other events).. I don't have the time for it though sorry :<

norsegod666 02-25-2009 02:44 PM

Bump. Need more participants and donations. Participants are more likely to happen.