Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   This is driving me crazy. Can anyone help (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143950)

leonid 02-20-2016 05:05 AM

This is driving me crazy. Can anyone help

leonid 02-20-2016 05:29 AM

Re: This is driving me crazy. Can anyone help

still going on

leonid 02-20-2016 05:53 AM

still going on. i give up

one day it will send

Vaeltaja 02-20-2016 06:25 AM

Lolrip

noname219 02-20-2016 11:20 AM

First thing that popped up in Google : http://community.skype.com/t5/Window...d/td-p/1787655

rushyrulz 02-20-2016 11:28 AM

I hate skype

bmah 02-20-2016 02:45 PM

Ever since Skype did an update sometime in early-mid January, my computer hasn't been able to consistently load Skype. Usually after attempting to open Skype on my desktop, it attempts to open, but never fully does. I stay in everlasting "Connecting..." status. I may be able to get in after about 5-10 consecutive attempts, but even when it does work, there's a chance it'll freeze again. Google searches show that few others seem to be having a problem with the latest updates, so I am literally barred from Skype on desktop. I can only access it through the mobile version now.

shenjoku 02-20-2016 03:01 PM

Geez that's pretty terrible bmah :( I assume you already tried all the usual uninstalling and stuff? It's just the update that kills it for sure?

Frank Munoz 02-20-2016 03:01 PM

what version of windows yall using?
that used to happen to me often but since the jan update it's been great.
i know the larger chat logs sometimes interfere with load times, and i did leave alooot of groups so it may be why it works better.

bmah 02-20-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4409076)
Geez that's pretty terrible bmah :( I assume you already tried all the usual uninstalling and stuff? It's just the update that kills it for sure?

Yep, uninstalling and reinstalling the latest update doesn't change a thing. Even downgrading to slightly older versions (i.e. December 2015) doesn't seem to do the trick either. Skype probably requires more input than my old laptop can handle. I'll have to buy a new laptop soon anyways...I'm done with Vista.

andy-o24 02-20-2016 03:33 PM

I restarted my computer and it worked for me. But I'm running Skype 7.13.0.101 on Win10. It was also in a conversation with one person, no group chats involved.

-o24

leonid 02-20-2016 04:15 PM

Maybe i'll try after upgrading to win10 (using 7 atm)

leonid 02-20-2016 04:17 PM

but man do we have a better alternative.

It doesn't have to be as fancy as skype I was totally fine with IRC but everyone left me alone

shenjoku 02-20-2016 04:19 PM

I think some people are starting to move over to Telegram (at least a decent amount of my friends have). I don't really know anything about it, but it seems popular for some reason.

YoshL 02-20-2016 04:19 PM

discord can't really do calls well, but feels like a more modern irc i guess

Charu 02-20-2016 04:39 PM

If there's another chatting client that can do calls with videos and shit, then I might consider.

Skype is piece of doo doo, but it's the only one that I know of that can do silly video shenanigans.

Charu 02-20-2016 04:40 PM

And of course all my peeps are still using Skype, so...

igotrhythm 02-20-2016 04:40 PM

I've been using Slack ever since I went back on my word and did a TWG (no, not THAT one). It doesn't have VOIP, but it's got everything else you need. You can even sticky posts in a channel.

shenjoku 02-20-2016 05:41 PM

I guess Telegram isn't good for video, so never mind on that one.

Q: Can I make calls or video calls via Telegram?

We specialize in sending messages, large media and files — and we do this better than anyone out there. There are still many things that we can revolutionize in messaging. And messaging is obviously trending at the moment, so our focus remains in that area for now.

leonid 02-20-2016 05:43 PM

i never do video calls anyway but the problem is none of my friends would switch over to telegram