Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   God...Rockstar, wtf? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=6015)

Anticrombie0909 01-5-2004 06:06 PM

God...Rockstar, wtf?

2 Attachment(s)
I've got a problem with Rockstar North (for those of you who don't know, they created the bestselling and controversial GTA series). They just released their latest game, called MANHUNT, and let's just say it's videogame hater Joe Lieberman's dream handed to him on a silver platter. This has got to be the most violent, ultragory game ever produced (yes, maybe even topping Postal 2).

In the game you play Cash, a convicted murderer sentanced to death. After a faked execution, you are dropped in Carcer City, where a sick mind known as The Director has hired random gangs to kill you. It's hunt or be hunted in this snuff film-turned game. And every time you make a gory kill, it focuses in on an intentionally grainy close up so you can experience the full effect of the kill, complete with blood splatters on the camera.

Now comes the ultragory part-the killing. You use everyday objects to disembowl and decapitate your foes, but in an extremely gruesome manner. You can chop someone's head off with a meat cleaver, bash someone's skull in with a baseball bat, stab people repeatedly in the eyes with a glass shard, suffocate people with plastic bags, saw of people's heads with piano wire and throw the head as a distraction, and so on and so forth.

Now I'm all for pissing off Lieberman, but is Rockstar going to push and push until the media or the public pushes back? What, were they tired of getting hate mail about GTA saying their souls were going to hell, so they decided to shock and provoke people further? I don't know about you, but it seems like they're just waiting for something to happen. Kudos for not bowing down to public pressure, but minus several hundred for good thinking, eh?

Lupin_the_3rd 01-5-2004 06:09 PM

graphics look sucky....how would this uber detailed kill happen if it isn't good graphics-wise

Tasuke 01-5-2004 06:11 PM

Who knows maybe they like the horrible hate-mail.
But, know I have a strange to go rent this game...
must resist... Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
See you guys later must go to hollywood video...

Lupin_the_3rd 01-5-2004 06:13 PM

lol, by banning games, the game itself only becomes more sought after

Anticrombie0909 01-5-2004 06:13 PM

Yeah the grafix suck, they're supposed to, it's part of the atmosphere. Anyway, the kill animations are uber-realistic.

Arch0wl 01-5-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd

Exactly, this man knows what he's talking about.

Don't any of you remember Eminem? His music was a horrible flaming pile of shit, but it was still popular because people were going off about his content. 11 year old kids could think they were tough shit by listening to it.

Privateer 01-5-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd

Exactly, this man knows what he's talking about.

Don't any of you remember Eminem? His music was a horrible flaming pile of shit, but it was still popular because people were going off about his content. 11 year old kids could think they were tough shit by listening to it.

Boy, if that were shorter, it would almost be sig-quote material because it's so true.

hydrojakep 01-5-2004 07:14 PM

i hate rockstar for only one reason. THEY DONT MAKE GTA FOR GAMECUBE.

i only get to play it at my friends house kuz i dont have a ps2 or a xbox.

lightswitch_raves 01-5-2004 07:22 PM

you know, to me, it looks like a cross between alien and Escape from L.A.

makaveli121212 01-5-2004 08:07 PM

the game seems really innovative...i think ill go try the piano string out on my brother...thank you rockstar

Freak83 01-5-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrojakep
i hate rockstar for only one reason. THEY DONT MAKE GTA FOR GAMECUBE.

i only get to play it at my friends house kuz i dont have a ps2 or a xbox.

It's for computer too you know. Just get it for your computer if it doesn't suck.

Feuergeist 01-5-2004 08:29 PM

Hell, if its better than postal 2, I want it.

NOTHING LIKE USING VIDEO GAMES TO LET OUT PRIMAL URGES INSTEAD OF DOING THEM IN REAL LIFE!!!!!

bballplaya 01-5-2004 08:32 PM

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!

87x 01-6-2004 07:49 AM

Quote:

controversial GTA series
controversial indeed..

chillywilly 01-6-2004 07:53 AM

i think its more of a "we dont care what you think" movement by all of rockstar (north needs funding and an ok from the big cheese to start making a game)

87x 01-6-2004 08:49 AM

well... really they manhunt gaming audience is the same as the GTA gameing audience.. and Lupin the 3rd had the best description on why the game is going to sell..

heyhey11 01-6-2004 09:06 AM

i just rented the game and its awesome gruesome yet awesome [clap 4 rockstar]

dontcareaboutmyid 01-6-2004 09:18 AM

are you trying to make a point 87x, because if you are, you're preaching to the wrong crowd

kawser 01-6-2004 01:37 PM

hehe, at some place, they are selling games for 20 bucks each, and then if you buy two you get one for free, ManHunt definetly goes on my list. And of course GTA Vice City....but some people say GTA3 was better? But tats not the point. Roctstar is great, I want to work for them, they have made me beleive,

"Hey, the most violent, grusome, and sick games in the world, are the best ones."

Thast why I play Fetts Vette too much lol...

"Yo mama is a #%"7h!"

87x 01-6-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

are you trying to make a point 87x, because if you are, you're preaching to the wrong crowd
nope.. no points intended..